slwaters

Rank 1
slwaters
PostedApr 19, 2010 1:35 pm
I understand "calling" a room... but when you "call" more than one it gets annoying and rude in my opinion. I mean, when it happens I feel like im in kindergarten again and one kid is "calling" all the toys or all the equipment on the play ground. I hope everyone enjoyed that ^_^ hehe
Advertisement

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedApr 22, 2010 3:49 am
slwaters wrote:
I understand "calling" a room... but when you "call" more than one it gets annoying and rude in my opinion. I mean, when it happens I feel like im in kindergarten again and one kid is "calling" all the toys or all the equipment on the play ground. I hope everyone enjoyed that ^_^ hehe  

Well, calling or claiming a room isn't something you may actually do - same way you cannot claim mobs for yours. On the other hand it is about respecting fellow players. If I come to a spot and see people working on it, I ask which rooms/areas they are working on. If that leaves me without a spot to grind, it would be within my rights to disregard them and start grinding on top of them, but to me that would be rude, so I don't. I ask nicely if it is ok with them that I grind in a minor area within the round they've been doing, and if they'd rather not have me do that, I move somewhere else or go play another toon for a while. No biggie.

So, you may make informal deals on who grinds where, but they are in no way binding except to your own sense of honor or respect. DD2 is usually a nice example of how it can work - parties will ask in area chat if the main grind areas are free, and if they aren't, they will usually leave for somewhere else. It is quite possible to solo in there even if the main areas are taken, as the parties rarely cover ALL the mobs in there. Certain areas in map 1/2 are "good" examples of the opposite, where people tend to be so obsessed with their soloing or powerlevelling that they never ask before they go killing, which is the main source of complaints over KSing.

It never hurts to ask first. Except in PvP, of course. Wink

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

youshima

Rank 0
youshima
PostedMay 07, 2010 12:52 pm
Yeah so these guys came into Stigma during my run last night and decied to KS our bosses. So we left to avoid conflict, because it made us pretty mad. We went to check the other side, guess what? Wide open. Those guys didn't even check the other side before coming to steal from us. It was aggravating!

DarkCornor

Rank 0
DarkCornor
PostedAug 05, 2010 10:46 am

good guide but....

this guide does not help me at all, almost daily i got as an example to seacleads (map 2, fury) to farm spirit cores, this is almost the only place i can farm them, so i can't go elsewhere. if someone repeatly and on purppose kill steal my mobs, what do i do? he don't speak english, or maybe he just ignores me.

so basicly: if someone ks you, and do not listen to you, what do you do? pls help

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedAug 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: good guide but....

DarkCornor wrote:
so basicly: if someone ks you, and do not listen to you, what do you do? pls help  

Well, in these cases, checking to see if you could get hold of a GS could be an ok move. GSes usually cannot do much about KS issues except inform of the rules and hope that players will stick to them and use common sense in general. There ARE some cases where the attention of a GS (if one is available) can be useful though, the main one being when the KSing player is not responding.

A player not responding can usually be attributed to one of the scenarios below:

1 - The KSing player is a bot makroed to farm a certain area. The bot will usually not answer to queries, and if it does, answers are usually generic and nonsensical. Setting up bots is illegal.

2 - The KSing player does not speak English.

3 - The KSing player couldn't care less.

In the case of scenario 1, a GS could come to the scene to try to discern whether the KSing player is a bot or not and take whatever measures deemed appropriate (ie recording a video and reporting the player - will not solve the problem immediately, though). If you have the software to record video yourself, you should do this in case a GS is not available so you can file a report yourself.

In the case of scenario 2, a GS could try to find a way to communicate with the player to find out what language the person speaks and then find means to inform the player of the rules in his/her own language.

As for scenario 3, well...the question is whether the player is abusive in his/her way of KSing. On one side, no one can claim mobs, so it is usually a case of the strongest being in the right. But if a player constantly KSes the mobs you are working on, also after being told repeatedly to please stop doing that, we are moving into the area of harassment. To prove this, video/screenshots would be needed if actions are to be taken in retrospect by GMs after a report is filed. A GS is usually quite powerless in these situations, as nothing will be going on when he/she arrives on the scene and it will be a "she said vs he said"-situation. This is why a GS will more often try to PM the involved players, explain the rules and leave it to the players to make up their minds whether they want to follow them, use some common sense, or carry on with their territorial fights. That's when the guide in the OP comes into work...

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Tantaman

Rank 0
PostedAug 07, 2010 3:00 pm
A good post subject !
I'm new here and have only been playing for about three months but I have a list [ yes I keep a list ] of 61 people who have KSed me more than three times. Some of them have done it repeatedly and to different toons [ I have 5 ]. I have never written a ticket on any of them but have been tempted and have saved screen shots.. what I do is, keep the list and refuse to help or join anyone on it in the future. This may be a bit passive aggressive but it makes me feel better when someone comes to my lvl 51 wanting help and I tell them they have KSed me [ or one of my toons ] in the past. I'm sure it doesn't detour them but it makes me feel better.
Just a thought....

calimatt

Rank 0
calimatt
PostedSep 06, 2010 6:00 pm

billdoor wrote:
DarkCornor wrote:

Well, in these cases, checking to see if you could get hold of a GS could be an ok move. GSes usually cannot do much about KS issues except inform of the rules and hope that players will stick to them and use common sense in general. There ARE some cases where the attention of a GS (if one is available) can be useful though, the main one being when the KSing player is not responding.

A player not responding can usually be attributed to one of the scenarios below:

1 - The KSing player is a bot makroed to farm a certain area. The bot will usually not answer to queries, and if it does, answers are usually generic and nonsensical. Setting up bots is illegal.

2 - The KSing player does not speak English.

3 - The KSing player couldn't care less.

In the case of scenario 1, a GS could come to the scene to try to discern whether the KSing player is a bot or not and take whatever measures deemed appropriate (ie recording a video and reporting the player - will not solve the problem immediately, though). If you have the software to record video yourself, you should do this in case a GS is not available so you can file a report yourself.

In the case of scenario 2, a GS could try to find a way to communicate with the player to find out what language the person speaks and then find means to inform the player of the rules in his/her own language.

As for scenario 3, well...the question is whether the player is abusive in his/her way of KSing. On one side, no one can claim mobs, so it is usually a case of the strongest being in the right. But if a player constantly KSes the mobs you are working on, also after being told repeatedly to please stop doing that, we are moving into the area of harassment. To prove this, video/screenshots would be needed if actions are to be taken in retrospect by GMs after a report is filed. A GS is usually quite powerless in these situations, as nothing will be going on when he/she arrives on the scene and it will be a "she said vs he said"-situation. This is why a GS will more often try to PM the involved players, explain the rules and leave it to the players to make up their minds whether they want to follow them, use some common sense, or carry on with their territorial fights. That's when the guide in the OP comes into work...  

uhh you forgot "4" player has chat turned off... i turn chat off alot if im farming quest items or just soloing..although i leave guild chat on cuz guildes be important Smile

AWESOME post wrathy i would give karma Smile but wont cuz your a gs O.O

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedSep 07, 2010 2:08 am

calimatt wrote:

it doesn't hurt to karma a GS ...

they're players like us, but just with a task to be an eye for the GM's which are busy with tickets. they're also there to inform people... so nothing wrong to karma those ...

signature of xybolt

calimatt

Rank 0
calimatt
PostedSep 07, 2010 5:15 pm

xybolt wrote:
calimatt wrote:

it doesn't hurt to karma a GS ...

they're players like us, but just with a task to be an eye for the GM's which are busy with tickets. they're also there to inform people... so nothing wrong to karma those ...  

yeah but he is a gs its kinda his job to post **** like this o.o

also wrathy sucks O: Aish is better O_O

Bloaterboy

Rank 0
PostedSep 19, 2010 4:07 pm
Just had an incident in Lan.

As always there is the text in chat "Emps taken", WTF? I play this game as as everyone else and I need xp. If said mob gives more xp iI want to kill it.

So... Is it wrong for me to kill said mobs... no its not, the rules state that all mobs are free for all (Except farming quest mobs). That said; So many people think that just because they have called "dibs" that ONLY THEY can grind on said mobs.

Can someone tell me if I am wrong to go kill said mobs, and if so why?

I have been threatened with bans from players and reporting for Ks, I try not to kill a mob already engaged, it happens now and again, but it's an accident, i say sorry and move to a new mob.

Am I doing somthing wrong in the way I grind?