Author Message

babybluelas

Rank 2
babybluelas
Joined
24 Dec 2007
Posts
708
Location
Williamsburg KY United States
PostedApr 01, 2010 6:02 pm
cirith1890 i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your siggy is too big, please re-size it to forums specifications of 200 pixels high by 700 pixels wide. Thanks ^.^

Advertisement

sweet_kisses_14

Rank 0
sweet_kisses_14
Joined
13 May 2009
Posts
35
Location
Sinton, Tx United States
PostedApr 02, 2010 3:59 pm
I cant say first or second, but great guide sweetie. =)

Havoc7821

Rank 0
Havoc7821
Joined
12 Sep 2008
Posts
88
Location
Stony Plain Canada
PostedApr 02, 2010 4:30 pm
This was a great post and I'm making a link to this post for all my guildies to read.

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
Joined
02 Feb 2009
Posts
725
Location
Morrison United States
PostedApr 03, 2010 12:56 am
Solid guide, though there is one problem that I've run into several times. That was not covered in this guide. It is the people that play on the "established rules of conduct". Here is how this situation will usually play out.

A party will "call" more than one room. Moving from one room to the next. In an attempt to quickly Aoe all of the monsters in the area for quick experience. They will keep one person at the entrance to the room they are not in. When you approach the room that is "called". The guard will say something along the lines of this room is taken. Now, looking inside of the room. Will reveal that there is no one actually in that room. If you fail to head there warning that the room is taken. It will be followed up usually by some sort of rude comment. I've also had the person try to mass Kill-steal me. In an effort to make me leave that grinding spot.

grankuwaga

Rank 0
grankuwaga
Joined
18 Jun 2008
Posts
66
Location
Texas United States
PostedApr 03, 2010 5:03 am
Question:
If I'm in a DD2 party and another party come along who are all part of the same high level guild and start to say "These mobs are ours look else where" and "These are taken and if you don't stop we'll call (High Level Light Guild Here >.>) here and have them kill all of you" is this harassment and will reporting these as- h-les do anything >.>

Note:
We were there for about 15-30 mins along with no other people there killing these mobs so...
>.>

Piderman

Rank 0
Piderman
Joined
18 Mar 2009
Posts
87
Location
United States
PostedApr 06, 2010 4:22 am
Wrathy is a nub.

That is all.


fair858

Rank 1
fair858
Joined
29 Mar 2009
Posts
353
Location
United States
PostedApr 07, 2010 9:41 pm
billdoor wrote:
Your argument is based on this invalid assumption:
fair858 wrote:
my mobs  

There is no such thing, which is why negotiating is always better than standing hurling insults at each other. Not the least because it takes a lot less time.  


ok....... so you are saying since someone is working a area like a archer and his only killing what he can handle its ok for someone to come in and clean them*lol

If you think that's ok them you must have been plvl up.
Also i guess you better make sure to step to the side when someone comes to the spot you are grinding. There is not one person here likes to give up spots they been working!

if I am working a area that no one was at and a party comes in and starts killing everything I am to make a deal to share? its one thing if i am a fighter and i am pulling a big place but to give up what I been working to lvl to take even longer to lvl being a archer I am not going to do it.

Whats even more funny it happen to me today, but the party left me have one mob....lol

Also on a side not I never said anything about "hurling insults".

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
Joined
05 Aug 2008
Posts
6418
Location
Foldereid Norway
PostedApr 08, 2010 12:59 am
fair858 wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Your argument is based on this invalid assumption:
fair858 wrote:
my mobs  

There is no such thing, which is why negotiating is always better than standing hurling insults at each other. Not the least because it takes a lot less time.  


ok....... so you are saying since someone is working a area like a archer and his only killing what he can handle its ok for someone to come in and clean them*lol  

As you cannot claim a spot or a mob, this is perfectly legal, although I personally find it sort of rude when it happens. Which is why I usually attempt to talk to the party in question. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I move on. No biggie. Just a game, after all.

 
If you think that's ok them you must have been plvl up.
Also i guess you better make sure to step to the side when someone comes to the spot you are grinding. There is not one person here likes to give up spots they been working!  

My main is an UM archer and I have soloed pretty much all the way for close to a year. Believe me, I know about being KSed. And I don't particularly like giving up grind spots either. But whether I like it or not is beside the question. I don't give up my grind spots easily, but if faced with more powerful opposition, there just isn't much I can do about it. Except move on or do something else.

 
if I am working a area that no one was at and a party comes in and starts killing everything I am to make a deal to share? its one thing if i am a fighter and i am pulling a big place but to give up what I been working to lvl to take even longer to lvl being a archer I am not going to do it.  

My way of going about it:
a) Telling the party I was grinding here (which the absence of mobs would indicate), and if they could please let me keep on doing so. I do not claim ownership, but people usually (with frequent exceptions) respect that someone is working a spot.
b ) If a) fails, I try to find some middle ground. "How about I work these mobs and you guys work those?" - usually works.
c) If both the above fail, I suck it up and go somewhere else or log a different toon. After all, I am not in a hurry. The game will still be here tomorrow.

 
Also on a side not I never said anything about "hurling insults".  

Very true. My comment was meant for the general public as quite a few resort to this, but I can see now that it could be seen as targeting you. That was not my intention and I apologize for that.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

darrinpei

Rank 0
darrinpei
Joined
19 Oct 2008
Posts
17
Location
Charlottetown Canada
PostedApr 08, 2010 5:34 pm
Great article a must read for new and old players : )

Ayeng19

Rank 0
Ayeng19
Joined
22 Oct 2009
Posts
44
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2010 6:46 pm
Nice Guide i wish People will follow it.. So we can prevent Cursing in trade chat..

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: