babybluelas

Rank 2
babybluelas
PostedMar 18, 2010 7:44 pm
Viri is in Pando, and the technical name for it is Virries'Ides though my spelling might be a bit off.

Advertisement

Weelildragon

Rank 4
Weelildragon
PostedMar 18, 2010 11:37 pm
With all the plvl'ing going on im inclined to behave more and more like a jerk. xD

I don't really mind the people who plvl. Compared to all the other sources of income, selling a plvl is relatively cheap most of the time. Duals, 5's and maybe even farming Magic leather, 1-15 nobles generates more if not way more Cash then then plvl-ing.
So most of the time, they're pretty generous.

What im getting annoyed about is the amount of leechers it creates. lvl 31, 32 ppl sitting around near FL begging for a party and refusing to go to KH.
Lvl 41 - 45 ppl sitting around in lanharr, refusing to go to fl2 or even fl3.

Im also annoyed to find some PP with a solid party setup, who think the HAVE to HAVE a plvlr to still get decent xp, because they think they can't kill orange mobs.
While a high level player actually cuts the xp in half. They just don't notice because a party without a plvl'er usually falls apart and is forced to do much worse mobs at a slower rate.

People also think dungeons are always the best place to grind. Yes, it is 2 or 3 times more xp per mob, but if you grind outside mobs, you can probably kill 3 times as many mobs. And that is without any other parties present in the dungeon.

---------------------------

But, not that I really mind. I don't mind being a jerk to people who kinda deserve it.
For instance a lvl 35 hunter wanted to grind the Ifrit mobs in KH near the exit portal. But he was scared away by plvl'ers who took the rest of his room, because that room belonged to his circuit.

I could just have stayed on the gnomes, which is almost almost as good xp, but why should those people have have the best KH circuit. So after 20 minutes, I logged my UM 60 and started plvl-ing in that same circuit. Even skipping some mobs, so it would mess up spawn.

Definately not turning the other cheek there. xD

alj8503

Rank 1
alj8503
PostedMar 19, 2010 6:20 am
Nice Guide, Wrathinator. Smile

<a> photo Claire-1.jpg</a> ~RETIRED~

fair858

Rank 1
fair858
PostedMar 28, 2010 8:24 am
"negotiate a deal with the other party"
Yes thanks for coming into a area I am grinding and you ks my mobs let negotiate?
To many times I will be grinding to have someone/party come in and try to take over the area. I am sorry I am not going negotiate, like many others we never take more then we can handle.

For some classes it already takes some good amount of time to lvl but to split a area and take longer. The point is if you want to talk about being fair how about that person go look for a clean spot like we all have to.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedMar 28, 2010 10:48 am
Your argument is based on this invalid assumption:
fair858 wrote:
my mobs  

There is no such thing, which is why negotiating is always better than standing hurling insults at each other. Not the least because it takes a lot less time.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

jayarte2002

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2010 5:11 am   Last edited by jayarte2002 on Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I'm very impressed with the OP's guide ^^

I came here today to check out this game after it was mentioned by a poster on mmorpg.com and, after looking around the game information I headed on over to the forums (as I always do when checking out a new game) to see what kind of people are posting here.

It is very heartening to see such a post and some of the positive responses, because, quite frankly, the way some people behave in mmo's continues to amaze me after years of playing. I am polite irl, so I am polite in-game. If I KS it is always accidental and I always apologise immediately.

I remember my first mmo (Kalonline) when I naively tried to "help" someone kill a monster, whereupon they yelled a few obscenities at me, including KS. I asked in general what it meant, and some kind person explained it (in amongst the many replies of noob, and further obscenities, of course ^^). Once I understood the concept, and also that some players deliberately KS to annoy other players (or to achieve some virtual goal), I tried my hardest to avoid doing it in any game.

My motto for gaming is "it's just a game, relax and have fun" and what I like to do is play alongside sociable, helpful players. Hopefully there will be a place for me here in Aeria ^^

p.s. I'm from UK, are there any other players from there who could let me know about any latency problems?

razorray1974

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Ksing or Camp Stealing? Or is it the same thing?

In Shaiya, are the two the same thing? Camp stealing can be annoying but for me, is something I have learned to live with, thanks to my time in EQ, where camps were to be shared. It is not a big thing for my characters to share mobs in a hunting area. It is a big thing to actually kill steal and take my xp and loot.

In most games, whomever gets aggro first has the kill rights. However, and I see this a lot, people have to run though an area to get to another area and sometimes pull mobs by mistake. Are those mobs fair game? In Will, if you see a mounted person running though Ridge Red Bears, chances are they are not hunting them.

I ask also because there was a huge fight(Bishu and Faith weren't around) on Etain about KSing and from what I read, it was not KSing and simply someone taking a mob from a hunting ground.

Sindication1

Rank 0
Sindication1
PostedMar 31, 2010 8:14 pm
i hate when ppl try to claim rooms, but i guess it is kinda wrong to come kill the mobs if they have been waiting

This is my gang (^(-(-(-(-.-)-)-)-)-) ^ sorry. . .hes new.

slwaters

Rank 1
slwaters
PostedMar 31, 2010 8:56 pm
If someone is KSing or attempting to do such activities, the first option should always be to ask nicely for it to discontinue. . Remember, sugar is sweeter than Vinegar.. Its great to see a [GS] post a discussion such as this one to help gamers know what to do when they are faced with such situations. Very Happy

cirith1890

Rank 0
cirith1890
PostedApr 01, 2010 3:36 pm
Best treatment I've ever read thus far on this subject. Excellent!