xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 17, 2010 9:55 am
good job

but i'm hoping that a big part of the ingame community would read this, but i think it's not Neutral

signature of xybolt
Advertisement

spaceghost730

Rank 1
spaceghost730
PostedMar 17, 2010 9:58 am
/co-sign

nice guide, but it should be common sense

<a></a>

CnJCandles

Rank 1
CnJCandles
PostedMar 17, 2010 11:49 am
O.k. O.k. Yes nice words but as sais before GM stated the words "Kill Stealing" in Shaiya only apply to Quest Bosses and or Quest Mobs. Survival of the Toughest is the name of this game. I am so tired of people QQ everywhere on the Forums and in the Game. I know that as a GS you have to make posts and other GS's have to agree with your post but stop it. This is a Game and a Game it shall be. Something for fun. Grow up and put your big boy pants on about "KS" as you all talk about. If I am there and I kill it faster than that is that. This just means you need to get stronger and better than me.

Now GM's close this crying post about "KS" and refer them to GM or Managers post. This is a waste of space on the forums.

Hellraiser503

Rank 2
Hellraiser503
PostedMar 17, 2010 12:29 pm
AngerHeart wrote:
Hey!

I'd like to ask U guys, dont hate me for the next few sentences.

The post made is nice, lucky im 60, not really interested of grinding anymore, but.. There is a
GM post about kill stealing. What U wrote is the way how ppl tought kill stealing is, but if U read the GM post, it shows KS is only for quest mobs / quest bosses.
If someone will send a ticket that he got ksed in Ur description, nothing will happen, cos thats not Ks in the GMs view.  

You're right about saying that GMs see KSing as Quest bosses and mobs, but in my opinion, 90% of ingame players see KSing as just stealing ANY mob, not just Quest bosses. Most of the time i see someone yell that he/she is being KSed, It usually was just an incident with normal mobs

To CnJCandles - I do not think this was intended as a QQ thread, because Wrathy doesn't rant about how KSing is bad or people shouldn't KS. I see it as just an informative post.

CnJCandles

Rank 1
CnJCandles
PostedMar 17, 2010 12:35 pm
O.k. I ask just this. Why use the word stealing. They did not steal it. They killed it. They did not steal the area you were grindind in they simply are using the same thinking as you and killing the same mobs. They did not "Steal" it from you. The word steal means "to take the property of another wrongfully and especially as a habitual or regular practice" So you are saying with your wording that they owned the mob I was killing? I just want to clarify this wording that you have choosen to use and you others are saying is correct.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedMar 17, 2010 2:08 pm
CnJCandles wrote:
O.k. I ask just this. Why use the word stealing. [...] I just want to clarify this wording that you have choosen to use and you others are saying is correct.  

The term "Kill Stealing/KS" is used as a cover-all phrase in Shaiya by the community to indicate that someone has killed or attempted to kill any mobs you were (or assumed you were) the first to attack/aggro, no matter if it is a violation of the rules or not. No one owns the right of killing a regular mob, so no one will be stealing anything per se, but the term is used to indicate that someone is performing an unwelcome action.

The thread clarifying the Kill Stealing rulings that was pointed to by AngerHeart and Hellraiser503, deals with how to discriminate between when Kill Stealing is regarded as an offense or not (which, most of the time, it isn't), while Wrathy's original post deals with how to resolve Kill Stealing issues that are NOT viewed as offenses and how to prevent these from developing into Harassment issues.

While no actual theft is involved, it can still be considered rude and is a constant source of flaring tempers, hence Wrathy's guide.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

bleachybby

Rank 1
bleachybby
PostedMar 17, 2010 3:13 pm
AngerHeart wrote:
Hey!

I'd like to ask U guys, dont hate me for the next few sentences.

The post made is nice, lucky im 60, not really interested of grinding anymore, but.. There is a
GM post about kill stealing. What U wrote is the way how ppl tought kill stealing is, but if U read the GM post, it shows KS is only for quest mobs / quest bosses.

^^
No hard feelings at all, in fact I'm glad you asked so I can help clear this up.
Just like mentioned by my fellow Game Sages and others, "kill stealing" is just a common phrase used by all to reference somebody "stealing" the mob you were killing.

As the GMs have stated, it is not technically "kill stealing" nor reportable unless a quest boss is involved. However, I was just using this as a general term for when somebody kills your mobs. Also, if somebody is continuously killing your mobs on purpose it can be reported for harassment, which is what I mentioned in the above guide.

Also, for the waiting list, there is a waiting list for Viri on Lailah AoL. I've heard that not all servers are the same, but that just goes for those servers that might possibly have a waiting list set up.

So yursh, no hard feelings at all! In fact, I thank you for reminding me to point that out.
Thank you.
Very Happy

Retired GS - [GS]Wrathy (Thanks for the amazing time!)

ianluvsrainbows

Rank 0
ianluvsrainbows
PostedMar 17, 2010 3:21 pm
draven99 wrote:
Here's a great one, to avoid kill stealing, don't grind! 100% guaranteed to work. Wink  

That's what I told Wrathy. :b

Ian | Templar | Illania

crosslie

Rank 0
crosslie
PostedMar 18, 2010 9:35 am
read it all, agreed to evrything, and Im very polite everytime someone KS my Pt, I spend almost all time playing trying to help guildies or just ramdom friends to lvl up, really anoying when some bud come and KS, and even wrorse when they come kill all mobs i gather and say sorry, i dont see you!!^^
But nevertheless I never get piss easy, thats the key.
forgot the name to creator of topic but U have my Juice man, keep that Line, U gonna be a great Fighter someday, Im proud of you!!^^

AngerHeart

Rank 0
AngerHeart
PostedMar 18, 2010 9:52 am
bleachybby wrote:
AngerHeart wrote:
Hey!

My few sentence..

As the GMs have stated, it is not technically "kill stealing" nor reportable unless a quest boss is involved. However, I was just using this as a general term for when somebody kills your mobs. Also, if somebody is continuously killing your mobs on purpose it can be reported for harassment, which is what I mentioned in the above guide.

Thats what i wanted to point to. Smile Hope others will understand like we did, however low forum traffic. :S

/off

bleachybby wrote:

Viri on Lailah AoL.

Viri? Whats that place and where is it? Never saw this word on any map. O.O

Edit: when i said "i'd ask u dont hate me" i meant that dont hate me for the post, not mean i will ask something like a question, as i didnt asked anything Smile