Repliforce

Rank 0
Repliforce
PostedMar 07, 2010 7:24 pm
Oh yeah, here's others.

'wc' actually means water closet, which means bathroom for many countries.
Yeah, it could be 'wrong chat', but consider the fact that the game is filled with many languages, and wc is pretty much universal.
'mt' refers to just that, when you accidently say something to a wrong chat. It stands for 'missed tell'. While it doesn't make as much sense to some of you, remember that it originated in other MMO's long before this one.

Also, tell = whisper. Some people apparently think those are two different things.
Hence when you're typing /t <insert name>, that t = tell. You're telling that person something.
That's where the confusion of the /w usually pops up during the trivia event days. >.>;;

Eden Eternal IGN: Mitsunari Character Level 39/[WAR20][KNT30][THF35][ENG30][HUN32][CLR30]
Advertisement

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedMar 07, 2010 7:27 pm
Repliforce wrote:
DD should be seperate than DPS (even though they're the same thing) because that would just confuse more people.
As in~

DD = Damage Dealer (aka DPS)  

Since this game only uses DPS to mention the damage dealer, so perhaps it's better to write like this:

DPS = Damage Per Second = DD = Damage Dealer.

Repliforce

Rank 0
Repliforce
PostedMar 07, 2010 7:54 pm
crystalpink wrote:
Repliforce wrote:
DD should be seperate than DPS (even though they're the same thing) because that would just confuse more people.
As in~

DD = Damage Dealer (aka DPS)  

Since this game only uses DPS to mention the damage dealer, so perhaps it's better to write like this:

DPS = Damage Per Second = DD = Damage Dealer.  
I'll go with that, but it's not so much the game that uses DPS to mention the DD, it's more so the community.
I don't even know who started calling it DPS when referring to a person.

Eden Eternal IGN: Mitsunari Character Level 39/[WAR20][KNT30][THF35][ENG30][HUN32][CLR30]

LoveLovey

Rank 4
LoveLovey
PostedMar 07, 2010 11:14 pm
Repliforce wrote:
Oh yeah, here's others.

Yeah, it could be 'wrong chat', but consider the fact that the game is filled with many languages, and wc is pretty much universal.
'mt' refers to just that, when you accidently say something to a wrong chat. It stands for 'missed tell'. While it doesn't make as much sense to some of you, remember that it originated in other MMO's long before this one.

Also, tell = whisper. Some people apparently think those are two different things.
Hence when you're typing /t <insert name>, that t = tell. You're telling that person something.
That's where the confusion of the /w usually pops up during the trivia event days. >.>;;  

I have never heard of WC being referred to as "water closet." This is a Grand Fantasia Glossary, not a universal language glossary, so I don't see why it should be added.
I'm not exactly sure why you added the last bit of what tell is, seeing as how it has nothing to do with this topic.

[ Aquamarine - Tranquillus - Deity ]

Respect existence or expect resistance.

Freya941

Rank 1
Freya941
PostedMar 07, 2010 11:50 pm
LoveLovey wrote:
Repliforce wrote:
Oh yeah, here's others.

I have never heard of WC being referred to as "water closet." This is a Grand Fantasia Glossary, not a universal language glossary, so I don't see why it should be added.
I'm not exactly sure why you added the last bit of what tell is, seeing as how it has nothing to do with this topic.  

im just gonna say this.........Love I LOVE your siggy Very Happy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Repliforce

Rank 0
Repliforce
PostedMar 08, 2010 12:01 am
LoveLovey wrote:
Repliforce wrote:
Oh yeah, here's others.

An mmo is still an mmo. You act as though the majority of the player base has never played other mmo's. Yeah, this is supposedly just a GF Glossary thread, but you're making it as if the people who have been playing the other mmo's for a long time have to convert and start talking specific way just 'cause. People WILL use other actual terms you know.

Sal3

Rank 5
Sal3
PostedMar 08, 2010 12:52 am
Wierd, cuz outta 8 years of MMORPGing ive never saw someone using WC for anything else but Wrong Chat.

Repliforce

Rank 0
Repliforce
PostedMar 08, 2010 2:23 am
Sal3 wrote:
Wierd, cuz outta 8 years of MMORPGing ive never saw someone using WC for anything else but Wrong Chat.  
That's interesting, 'cause in my 6 years of MMO-ing, I have.

Ragnarok Online, Phantasy Star Universe, and Final Fantasy XI.

Kalashnikova

Rank 0
Kalashnikova
PostedMar 08, 2010 2:27 am
LoveLovey wrote:
Repliforce wrote:
Oh yeah, here's others.

Actually Lovey, if you're able to read one period after the other of sentences then should have been able to comprehend that all of his post was in fact related to this topic but explaining and correcting misused forms or chat.

And to add, WC is actually used commonly in other countries, there is not a time where I am in a grinding party and someone doesn't say "Brb, WC." You are in fact correct it isn't a universal glossary but it IS an MMO, and like any other MMO the universal MMO "language" is going to be used and morphed into every MMO. Because, well, its an MMO, and that is the MMO language. Ya dig?

Further on, Ryu's post was correct and if you're not the author of this topic then I see no reason why your incorrect and uninformed post was even fathomed.. where as you're not even the decider as to what is going to be implemented in the main glossary post on top of the fact who are you to tell one as to what is wrong or right if you haven't even heard of a commonly used expression?

Tsk tsk. <3

<center>Kalashnikova | Sage | Evolution | Alice</center>

Kuroshinnen

Rank 1
Kuroshinnen
PostedMar 08, 2010 3:17 am
Not exactly an acronym, and I'll let you decide if it's worth adding:

Pst = Tell, whisper