Author Message

KTCAOP

GameSage: Forum
KTCAOP
Joined
24 Apr 2008
Posts
6185
Location
United States
PostedApr 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Advertisement

Shevz

Rank 1
Shevz
Joined
07 Nov 2008
Posts
359
Location
New York United States
PostedApr 07, 2010 2:35 pm
Ofi_Junior wrote:

*dances victory dance*
I expect cake and a gold star, kids, I told you this would work if you didn't do anything stupid like, I dunno, voting for me right after I voted for you.  


Stupid? This coming from the person that could had voted for anyone for stated reasons and then...voted on me because I murdered a loldog? I honestly don't get you at all ^^;. Also, maybe you should be asking KT what made you an obvious mafia.

Aside from that - voting for you is what saved me from suspicion =D, so hurray! *gives you a chocolate-chip cookie*

Skylore08

Rank 1
Skylore08
Joined
28 Jul 2009
Posts
261
Location
Someplace between IDC and STFU~ United States
PostedApr 07, 2010 9:55 pm
Ofi_Junior wrote:
*cough* Skyquiem, wasn't the whole point of using two accounts supposed to be that people wouldn't link one with the other?  


Not really. :/ I don't think I acted any different then I would have, had I been under the name Skylore08. -shrugs-

Also. Skyquiem sounds....oddly epic =p

*Removed by GM - image height exceeded 200 pixels

Ofi_Junior

Rank 2
Ofi_Junior
Joined
07 Jan 2009
Posts
699
Location
Germany
PostedApr 08, 2010 5:13 am
Thanks, I made that name up all by myself Very Happy

You could always use that as a strategy because people keep thinking that someone who was good in the last mafia has a higher chance of being evil in the next one. This is obviously proven by you, me, nick, maru, ... Wink
Also, at this point, I will have to be a doctor-detective-snakeman in the next mafia to even things out. Hear that, random number generator? Maru will be the serial-killer-godfather (godmother just sounds wrong), with Skylore as her right hand man. I solved the crime!


Anyway, I guess this thread is open for feedback now?

I have some suggestions for the mentioning-people-rule. Being completely forbidden to even mention people resulted in next to no roleplay and made the game kind of boring, in my opinion. We got some stories, sure, but they felt completely disconnected from the game, since we weren't allowed to mention others. Most people just gave up on story-posts about half a day in.

I think we'd need some way in-between being allowed to say anything you want about others and not being allowed to even mention them. I thought up some modifications, please tell me what you think about them:
- Things people mention about themselves are fair game. So if I say I have a tendency to accidently set things on fire, Drangel is allowed to suspect me because of it.

For example:
Ofi_Junior: "So, I was walking down the street and saw a lolcat, which scared me so much that I set it on fire. I'd better hide that corpse in somebody's garden..."
Drangel: "I looked out of my window and saw Ofi_Junior burying the charred corpse of a cat with cheeseburgers in my garden. It was obvious to me that her old fire problem had reappeared. This is certainly suspicious, especially since the newspaper said last night's kill was burned."
Ofi_Junior: "Agaaaaaain?"

This would be allowed, because it's my fault if I openly talk about setting things on fire and can't find a better place to hide that cheeseburger-eating-feline than in Drangel's garden. What wouldn't be allowed would be something where people make up stuff about other people:

Drangel: "So, I was walking down the street and gave candy to a little kid."
Ofi_Junior: "And then I saw Drangel hanging around at the place where the murder happened, with a bloody knife and an evil laugh!"

I made that up in order to, erm, do whatever I wanted to do with that story (most likely something evil), so it wouldn't be allowed. Also, it'd be stupid.

Another modification I thought of, if the above part isn't enough, would be that people have to allow other people to use what they posted (nothing else of course). So you could say "I don't want anybody to use my name in their stories, because I'm afraid there might be misunderstandings." or "As long as you only use what I've posted, feel free to mention me.". You could always change if it was allowed or not. You'd have to allow mentions for everybody or nobody, though, because if it was selective, that'd be the beginning of a whole new row of misunderstandings...
"A-ha! So Ofi doesn't mind if Drangel mentions her, but forbids Shevz to do so! That obviously has to mean that Ofi and Drangel are in league with each other and Shevz is on the other side!"

Looong post... Any thoughts?

Ace detective! If you like playing mafia games, go here! http://mafiagames.freeforums.org/index.php Currently signups for Christmas Mafia!

LuvizBlind

Rank 1
LuvizBlind
Joined
02 Nov 2008
Posts
202
Location
Winchester United States
PostedApr 08, 2010 11:57 am
Ok, first things first! Yay Townies!

KTCAOP wrote:
I won't explain what happened on night one. I'll leave it at that =P. and then; Fine I'll *tease* about night 1. Remember that I was the SK, and I was the newspaper editor =P  


Erm... so does this mean the SK killed me??! Poor l'il ole me? Or was I a target of the mafia who were sooooo right to ensure my quick offing? ::preens:: j/k

@Ofi

I totally agree with all you said about the RP, or lack there of causing the game to be way less interesting and fun. Not allowing any mention of anyone else is not good, imo. You should be allowed to mention people and things that they admit to or post themselves; you should be able to respond to someone's roleplay, you just aren't allowed to make up any actions or statements of someone else... hmm, I know what I mean, just not sure I'm explaining it right, lol.

LuvizBlind

Rank 1
LuvizBlind
Joined
02 Nov 2008
Posts
202
Location
Winchester United States
PostedApr 08, 2010 12:10 pm
OMG! Just started reading thru the mafia's night 1....

OFI!!!! You stabbed me!? I am sad. So very sad.

Shevz... thanks for the vote of confidence there, I'd have loved to have a role to play.

And midway, schmidway... I jumped right in, feet first, blended well and went on to be one of the last Mafiaoso standing! Skillz, mad skillz I tell you! Oh, wait... No, that's not true. I suck at this.

(...just so ya'll don't off me first next time!)

Muhahahahaha!

Skylore08

Rank 1
Skylore08
Joined
28 Jul 2009
Posts
261
Location
Someplace between IDC and STFU~ United States
PostedApr 08, 2010 1:59 pm
Ofi_Junior wrote:
Thanks, I made that name up all by myself Very Happy  


Np Razz

Ofi_Junior wrote:
YMaru will be the serial-killer-godfather (godmother just sounds wrong), with Skylore as her right hand man. I solved the crime!  


SKY WILL NEVER TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!!! D:< /fistycuffs




Ofi_Junior wrote:
Being completely forbidden to even mention people resulted in next to no roleplay and made the game kind of boring, in my opinion. We got some stories, sure, but they felt completely disconnected from the game, since we weren't allowed to mention others. Most people just gave up on story-posts about half a day in.  


Which made Sky feel lonely and sad Y___Y I tired to make them as connected with what was going on, like me watching the news, or me having conversations with people as I worked, ect ect.


I feel like I can't say anything on the RPing thing though. Seeing as I went a little overboard with it last game d=. I didn't have a real insight of what RP actual meant. I do now, cause I'm doing it else where, but last game was my first time doing something like that XD I learned that the whole point of RP is to be able to go off what others have posted or written, while putting your own touches to things. -shrugs- But I guess t was fun trying to come up with stuff that didn't mention anyone d= A challenge x3 And Sky loves Challenges~

*Removed by GM - image height exceeded 200 pixels

Skylore08

Rank 1
Skylore08
Joined
28 Jul 2009
Posts
261
Location
Someplace between IDC and STFU~ United States
PostedApr 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Sorry for double post Dx

LuvizBlind wrote:

Shevz... thanks for the vote of confidence there, I'd have loved to have a role to play  


That makes me sad Y_Y Why do people assume that if they don't have an epic role with neat abilities, that they don't have a role? d= Being just a regular townie or regular mafia is just as important as being a cop doc or leader o.o..Right???

Also wanted to get someone else's opinion on something I have come to figure out about Mafia.

I sure wish people would post more while the game is going on :/ This IS a game of discussion you know. Why not join it??? I really feel like it wouldn't take that much energy to put a few extra words in. You don't HAVE to RP, but why does that make some people think they can't do more then JUST vote and be done with it? Sad It makes Sky sad when he sees such an event occur. JUST voting doesn't really help EITHER side tbh. If Mafia, it gets suspicion on you real quick, because you look like you have something to hide. If townie, you never really get the trust of the rest of the townies, because again, people wonder what you have to hide D=. See how bad it is JUST voting is for both sides??? Its okay when everyone is in the random voting stage, but after? No. Just no please. Sad

Thoughts???

*Removed by GM - image height exceeded 200 pixels

Shevz

Rank 1
Shevz
Joined
07 Nov 2008
Posts
359
Location
New York United States
PostedApr 08, 2010 4:49 pm
@Luv: I did nothin'! It was a slip of a finger!...Where's my lawyer! >.>=<.< /runs

I'm sowwy, it was just that something about you screamed "doctor with pointy objects" to my intuition xD. Next game I'm in, I want a special role too :B.

Ofi_Junior

Rank 2
Ofi_Junior
Joined
07 Jan 2009
Posts
699
Location
Germany
PostedApr 09, 2010 1:30 am
It makes Ofi sad if Sky insists on talking about himself in the third person, yes it does.
Must kill all lolcatses.... and steal the special roles.... Ofi-Ofi...
No! Good Ofi does not think that way!
Oh, but good Ofi stabbity-stabbed LuvizBlind already... Can stab everyone else, too... and the lolcatses...

(Hey, that's the first thing I think of when people talk about themselves in the third person. Well, that and the cute little poltergeist from The haunting of Hiram, but I-Flossie didn't fit in here.)

Ace detective! If you like playing mafia games, go here! http://mafiagames.freeforums.org/index.php Currently signups for Christmas Mafia!
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: