KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedFeb 18, 2010 7:29 pm   Last edited by KTCAOP on Apr 15, 2010 1:35 am. Edited 13 times in total

La Tale Forum Mafia

The Game has begun!
Welcome everyone to Aeria Games Mafia: LaTale! If you haven't been with us the entire time, feel free to follow the progression of the Mafia around here.

Aeria Games Mafia!

Requirements to play

• You must be able to send and receive private forum messages. To sign up, you *must* send me a private message saying that you want to participate in Mafia and you *must* be able to receive a private message from me. To turn your private messages on, please review the following - How to turn on Forum Private Messages.
  • Outside of this, anyone and everyone is allowed to play. There is no experience restriction and if you have participated in other Mafia games, this will not disqualify you from playing in this one! =)
  • Masuyuu and Spambot are not allowed to play this round.
  • Just as an aside, if you are a volunteer for Aeria, having such a status will neither qualify nor disqualify you from playing this game nor will it influence what role you get to play.

For this mafia we are going back to the basics. With a Twist!

How this game works - Roles

In this Mafia we will have 15 people:
8 Townspeople, 1 doctor, two police officers, and four mafia.

There will be randomly assigned one additional role of serial killer among the townspeople. Who will it be? No one will know. Only the doctor, however, can cure them.

So what is the role of each of these people? I'm so glad you asked!

Mafia - There are four mafia, with a group appointed Mob Leader. The Mob leader is... well, the leader! The Leader is unable to be killed during a night phase if they are targeted, it will be as though the doctor protected them. Also when they are investigated, they will only appear to be a normal townsperson. This Mob Leader will be the final say each night as to who will be killed. The Mafia are the only people who know who each other are right off the bat.

The Doctor - Is there a doctor in the house? The Doctor is the only person in this sad lonely town that knows any knowledge of medicine! Often doing house calls at night, this person is able to stay at one person's house each night (though not two nights in a row, that would just be rude) and if the person's house that they are staying at each night gets attacked, the doctor may be able to help! Hopefully. Well, there is only one person in this sad lonely town that knows any knowledge of medicine, so they can't hurt... right?

Police Officers - This town is only able to afford two police officers. A sheriff and a deputy. The sad thing is, though, they really can't tell which is which. The police officers roam and patrol the streets together (because working the night shift by yourself can be really boring at times) and are able to investigate one person's house during each of the night phases.

Serial Killer - One person among the town, however, is not as sane as they seem. Every town needs a psychopath right? This person is able to kill one person each night phase, though, perhaps if they only drank the potion that was prescribed to them... well, if a doctor force fed it to them, they might actually be calm.

Everyone else - Well, we're not all dumb. We know that there is a threat here in the city, and therefore, we need to find out who they are! Why do I say we? Because I am playing with you! A couple of people have volunteered to help moderate. So because of that I will be helping them out however after the game starts, I will put everything into their capable hands. They of course, are not allowed to play =P.

How this Game Works - Mechanics
There are two phases in this game. The Day Phase and the Night Phase. The game starts off in the Day Phase as a pre-phase, this is a period where the players can say hello to each other, can set who they are, so on and so forth. Basically introductory day. During this day, the Mafia will vote to see who their leaders are and so forth. At the end of the first Day Phase, it will go into Night Phase.

From here on out, every night phase the "night phase actors" come into play. During the night phase, the police officers will do their investigation of *one* person. The doctor will choose a house to stay out (he can not choose the same house twice). The Mafia and the Serial Killer will choose who their victims will be. At the end of the night phase, there will be a short story about what happened, who the police investigated and who the doctor healed will not be revealed in the story. Whoever was targeted, however, will be revealed in the story. If they die (aka, are not protected), their roles will be revealed as well.

After the story of the Night Phase, comes the Day Phase. During the Day Phase, the townspeople will congregate together, gather evidence on who was hit, who they think did the hit, why they did the hit, and will vote one person to be lynched at the end of the day. Their role will be revealed as well and then the night phase comes and the cycle will repeat.

Here are the possible outcomes...

Townspeople win - By voting out all of the mafia as well as voting out/curing the serial killer.
Mafia win - By taking out all of the Townspeople and killing the serial killer. This will also happen once the number of townspeople and the number of mafia are equal (unless the doctor and/or serial killer still remain alive)
Serial killer - can only if all of the mafia are dead, leaving the serial killer and the townspeople to remain. Will only win if they are the last person to remain.

Please message Masuyuu to sign up!

Locked until Signups Begin! All other posts have been split to here!

Current Players
  • boomie93
  • Drangel
  • Gaia197
  • KTCAOP
  • Luumpia
  • LuvizBlind
  • marubadtz
  • nick152 - Dead Mafia (By night)
  • Ofi_Junior - Dead Mafia (By night)
  • ryo.the.legend
  • Shevz
  • Skylore08 - Dead Townsperson ( By Vote)
  • starbite1 - Dead Townsperson (By Night)
  • tenkido - Dead Townsperson (By Night)
  • yulli - Dead Townsperson (By Vote)

Reserves

Advertisement

KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedMar 15, 2010 9:52 pm

KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedMar 17, 2010 1:08 am   Last edited by KTCAOP on Aug 30, 2013 3:14 pm. Edited 3 times in total
I'll unlock this six hours early =). Remember, to sign up you must message MASUYUU! Not myself! =P

The LaTale Brigade Chronicles!

Volume 1 - Number 1, Day 1
Volume 1 - Number 2, Day 1
Volume 1 - Number 3 - Day 2
Volume 1 - Number 4 - Day 3
Volume 1 - Number 5 - Day 4
Volume 1 - Number 6 - Day 5

Ofi_Junior

Rank 2
Ofi_Junior
PostedMar 17, 2010 8:00 am
Signed up! Will Masuyuu's inbox explode now?

Which remind me... Masuyuu! See this nice big bag of virtual peanut butter cookies? They're all your if I get a pro-town role this time! How's that sound? Hmm?

Ace detective! If you like playing mafia games, go here! http://mafiagames.freeforums.org/index.php Currently signups for Christmas Mafia!

Masuyuu

Rank 4
Masuyuu
PostedMar 17, 2010 2:40 pm
So far list we got:

1. ryo.the.legend
2. Ofi_Junior
3. KTCAOP
4. Gaia197
5. Drangel
6. yulli
7. Skylore08
8. marubadtz
9. Shevz
10. LuvizBlind
11. boomie93

Skylore08

Rank 1
Skylore08
Someplace between IDC and STFU~ United States
PostedMar 17, 2010 3:39 pm

HAPPY ST. PATTIES DAY :D

-pinch-

Cool

*Removed by GM - image height exceeded 200 pixels

Gaia197

Rank 1
PostedMar 17, 2010 3:59 pm
*waves HIII to everyone*

Hey, back to frolicking around and skulking? I hope so. Nice to see we're over half way there already.

MARUUU - get ur NAME on that LISTTTT (pwetty pweez)! Enough with the SB adverts and sign up already.

*does the Irish lolcat jig*

Gaia197

Rank 1
PostedMar 17, 2010 4:02 pm
You ARE on the list, Maru. YAY

(and sowie for double post but an edit button would make it all so... unnecessary XD)

marubadtz

Rank 0
marubadtz
(Gorgeoustown, Planet Shining) United States
PostedMar 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

LOL, the cats have made a return already!! XDD

*pinches everyone in this topic* +_+;;;;

I signed up, but there aren't any new people!! D: And there's no one in the shoutbox... Is the La Tale community dead?!? @_@a The serial killer must already be on the loose!! Shocked;;

starbite1

Rank 0
starbite1
PostedMar 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Brought to your viewing pleasure by starbite1!

Cool