Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2013 7:21 pm
its 8:21 and shaiyas still not workin
Advertisement

nicholasperryh

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 5:14 pm
OK for the record

Updater.exe runs... Press Start.... the following error is given.

checking the server. Please check noticeboard

this is on a windows 8 PC, the latest updates have been applied, even a re-install still no access to Shaiya.. It did used to run until the last update was applied.

Running next to it is a Windows 7 Netbook... logged in and playing

Anyone else having this problem on Windows 8 ?
Any windows 7 users having a problem?

CerebusPrime

Rank 0
CerebusPrime
PostedMar 21, 2013 2:19 pm
I am a windows 7 user and have ahad this issue for two days. I think there needs to be a sticky thread for resources on this issue, according to Google alot of people have this issue over the years.
I went to the Shaiya wiki and continued to experience the issue after following directions there.
I do have two PCs and it runs fine on the other one, debunking an ISP issue.

Courtesy fA]Echo "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here..."

nicholasperryh

Rank 0
PostedMar 22, 2013 2:30 am
As a follow up I did get it working a few days later. It was the firewall. After unblocking shaiya and the updater programs it connected to the server again. I can only assume my daughter had pressed the wrong option when the firewall asked for permission to connect to the internet.

tragedyBR

Rank 0
tragedyBR
PostedMar 28, 2013 5:20 pm
I just started playing Shaiya again after being gone for a few years due to the lack of help with questions within the game. I got on fine yesterday but now I have tried to log in and I'm getting "Checking Server. Please check Notice Board" error message.

As I have read in other posts already that server Maintenance is Wednesday at 5pm PST. It is 5:20PM on Thursday and yet I can not log in. Can someone please tell me what is going on. I will try the recommended suggestions that have been posted in the previous messages. I will re-post if nothing has worked.

Luiva

tragedyBR

Rank 0
tragedyBR
PostedMar 28, 2013 6:14 pm
7:15 PM

I have tried everything that I can think of even trying to download the Secondary Mirror through GamersHell.com. I never found it even through the server bar for the site. So if this time downloading it through the site does not FIX the issue then it has got to be on Aeriagames.com end for a MAJOR BUG issue. I will update if the re-download does nothing but give me the same error. If that is the case it will be a while before I will be playing the game again for Shayia.

7:22 PM

I got it re-downloaded and i can get into the game now.