Joocool

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2008 12:34 am

4 Luck 1 DEX

Ive been using this for about 10 levels now.. Should i change? or stay..ALso.. im wondering about what skills to use because im going to try to be a pvp..
Also.. should i stick with what im doing if im going to do PvP?
THANKS =D
Advertisement

av3ng3rbg

Rank 0
av3ng3rbg
PostedJan 21, 2008 1:04 am
imo go pure luk from now on,BUT at 20+ u will miss yel mobs,rarely but u will,orange mobs ull miss a lot,so if ur planning on going pure luk u need to get some dex jewelry(the 25 epic bow gives u 12 dex so no worries really).The other thing is at high lvs with a 60-70% crit luk is gonna be ur dex hit modifier so u dont really need dex later on.

Joocool

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2008 4:12 pm
-.- ive been getting a lot of answers online saying that luc is useless unless you are on ultimate mode.. and that Str would be much better. SO basicly
200 luc vs 200 str
Str would win according to a lot of people... Ive been wondering.. Have i messed up my character? XDDD cause im lvl 23 .. and i DO NOT want to start over..
ALso what about 100 luc and 100 str? would that be effective in pvp?

OneChopStiX

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2008 10:52 am
yea i have 17 STR, 30 LUC, and 26 DEX and im only lvl 10. i heard that STR helps me hit higher? is that true?

stern123

Rank 0
stern123
PostedFeb 06, 2008 4:01 am
look alrite either u make a str archer or u make a luc archer. luc is better from my point of view
at lvl 18 i was critting and it was killing faster than a str build on most kills.
a str build is desginged for a solid attack. but u will never hit harder than a fighter.a luc build will hit crits. at lvl 10 u wont see much. and ur build should b 4 luc 1 dex cause u want to crit early as possible.

quite interesting when im bored........

SirDevante

Rank 1
SirDevante
PostedFeb 06, 2008 4:38 am
I'm using a hard mode archer lvl29, 6luc/1dex. Crits can be near 600, when using bullseye I can do 600+, and when using rapid shot lvl 2 (3arrows) and if they all crit I can do damage of 1100~1600. I often kill green mobs before they come in range of attacking me (when using no skill) and for yellows i need to run a bit, or use skills.

I don't know how this would work for normal mode, since with less stat points you get less luc and thus less crit(damage)... but hardmode works fine for me Very Happy

And you can buy Knockout Nostrums Embarassed

"Angels are the guardians of hope and wonder, the keepers of magic and dreams. Wherever there is love, an angel is flying by." Mithrodin - 3* - Defender <BR> Luciendar - 5* - Defender

Dampire_

Rank 2
Dampire_
PostedFeb 06, 2008 11:01 am
I used to be a 4 luc 1 dex build at lvl 26 I did the math after experimenting with my total damage over time and how much I was criting for as well as arrows to kill each mob.

My average crit was base damage (149ish, mostly 250 crits and sometimes I got 350 or 400 crits.)

Arrows to kill a green teir 2 monster (two levels in each color if you didnt know, one easier "tier 1", one harder "tier 2") around 10 or 11.

The monsters would hit me 4 or 5 (or more if no crits) times before they died.

I switched to a 4 STR 1 DEX build today and performed the same test having done the math previous to ensure I wouldnt make a $2.5 mistake.

I now do a average base damage of 250 on the same monsters, that is like doing my most common crit ALL the time. It takes 7 arrows to kill, this number reflects adding the 3 shot skill as 3 shots not one (so total arrows). The tier 1 greens drop 2/3 of my range away from me, the tier 2 die at my feet or +1 shot.

I calculated a 25%- 65% more total damage delt over time and it seems to be true with this build.

When i crit now i crit in the high 400's even if I dont do it 33% of the time as i did before I can still kill faster with this build.

Skilles used in order of use (when i care about max damage) (all distance +damage and accuracy buffs) I cast my DoT then stun them for 3 seconds , then debuff their missle def, hit with my 3 shot, then bullseye then finnish with arrows.

Tier 1 doesnt take this much so I normaly do debuf, peirce, bullseye and one or two arrows.

If you dont believe me that is fine, try doing the math yourself and discover the truth. I will probably keep this build going through lvl 50 as I am still normal and want to level faster.

any questions feel free to ask.