Superman0X

Rank 5.1
Superman0X
PostedFeb 01, 2010 3:43 pm   Last edited by Superman0X on Feb 24, 2010 5:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Aeria Games IM V2

(brought to you by Meebo)
We have put out a new build of the IM system for Aeria Games (powered by Meebo). This should help to address several problems... as well as bring some new features.

Lets start with the basics..

Aeria Games IM/Meebo FAQ

This should address many of the common questions.

Now on to specifics:

How do you turn it off? (most asked question)
Go to your profile, select edit, select preferences, unselect enable Meebo bar, hit submit.
This should 'fix' any unsolved issue, until we can get a solution for it.

How do you stop messages from popping up?
Set your status to busy.

Features:
Videos: You can now watch our videos straight from the bar.
Facebook: This is a link to our Aeria Games Facebook Page.

Notes:
Mouseover effects have been removed to optimize performance.
The bar has been extended to most of the site.

Bugs:
If you find any bugs please report them here, and I will list them out.
Advertisement

Kuenaimaku

Rank 5
Kuenaimaku
PostedFeb 01, 2010 4:26 pm
The problem with the bar going underneath the actual forum portions is still occuring.

Link

Version

Build

Platform
Win32

System
Windows XP

Java
Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6

XHTML+Voice
Plug-in not loaded  

dietzman

Rank 3
dietzman
PostedFeb 01, 2010 4:29 pm
Looks better at least, i like that you can disable it in through the profile options and that being set to busy makes it so messages shouldnt pop up on you. One thing i would suggest, again, is that when clicking on the little orange a next to one of your buddies to view their profile, that it would open it up in a NEW browser tab, not the existing one.

OSUBeaver

EOS Founder
OSUBeaver
PostedFeb 01, 2010 4:45 pm
This is a nice update. I'm still getting the mouse-over effect on the ad at the far left as well as on the "update" and "connect at meebo" on the far right.

I can't seem to figure out how to make someone's messages to me stay minimized. If someone is an avid messager and I'm doing lots of navigating, it seems as though they stay minimized sometimes and other times every single thing they enter makes it pop back up....is this just me?

Just plain Beaver now...and it kinda sucks. The forum and game communities have degraded here to an extent that I should just stop reading and posting.

vpetrovici

Rank 4
vpetrovici
PostedFeb 01, 2010 5:08 pm
Maybe add an option to close the IM/Meebo ?

KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedFeb 01, 2010 5:32 pm
vpetrovici wrote:
Maybe add an option to close the IM/Meebo ?  

http://edit.aeriagames.com/user/6078051/edit/preferences

Taizong

Rank 1
PostedFeb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
I says I have a friend I didn't add and I can't delete him.

Aiiko

Rank 4
Aiiko
PostedFeb 01, 2010 5:48 pm
Kuenaimaku wrote:
The problem with the bar going underneath the actual forum portions is still occuring.

Link

I believe that's an Opera bug. It has always happened to me as well, but only when I'm using Opera (which is most of the time).

I definitely notice less "lag", but REALLY wish we didn't have an ad on the left...

sillycrazyme

Rank 4
sillycrazyme
PostedFeb 01, 2010 6:24 pm   Last edited by sillycrazyme on Feb 01, 2010 6:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Noticed a something that needs to be ironed out. There's a few pics, so I'll link them instead of putting a massive image collection here.

It seems that flash signatures cover up part of the meebo IM bar.
Pic1

Here's how it shows as I scroll down: Just above meebo | Starting to cover up the bar | Voila...covered | A different flash sig covering it up | Taz is immune to your glitches meebo!! (All sigs that were made by Taz seem to be immune, as well as Valk's sigs)

*Note: Only tested in Firefox

Taizong wrote:
I says I have a friend I didn't add and I can't delete him.  

Read "How do I remove a AeriaGames friend?"

I has a sad! DoMO for life <3

dietzman

Rank 3
dietzman
PostedFeb 01, 2010 6:25 pm
i never saw the adds, thankfully, could be the ad block plus add-on i got for FireFox maybe, i dunno, but ya the adds thing sounds like it would suck

Mod Edit: Merged posts.

sillycrazyme wrote:
Noticed a something that needs to be ironed out. There's a few pics, so I'll link them instead of putting a massive image collection here.

It seems that flash signatures cover up part of the meebo IM bar.
Pic1

Here's how it shows as I scroll down: Just above meebo | Starting to cover up the bar | Voila...covered | A different flash sig covering it up | Taz is immune to your glitches meebo!! (All sigs that were made by Taz seem to be immune, as well as Valk's sigs)

*Note: Only tested in Firefox

weird, that dosent happen on mine, also im on firefox *shrugs*