lightelmo73

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Best boss solo class?

Hi, I was just wondering what is the best class to solo a boss or a really tough monster. I was thinking it would be either paladin, necro, or ranger, although I'm not sure.
Help appreciated.
Advertisement

Persiangato

Rank 5.1
Persiangato
PostedJan 26, 2010 8:38 pm
Paladin, Nercomancer and both Cleric and Sage are great at soloing bosses.

Paladin - Obvious.
Nercomancer - Debuffs, Drain Health, Pet Summon and good damage.
Cleric - Buffs, Strong heals, high HP/Def, and stuns.
Sages - DoT Heals, pushback/stuns and various damage methods.

Ranger has some difficulty soloing bosses. In dungeons, they are immune to stuns. They get into close range too often and too fast for them to use their ranged skills. Field bosses though, sure, they can take those down pretty easily. Bait bosses (ones summoned by items) are difficult at the start since they have to start the match in close range. As soon as they get to level 40 and get the second level of weasel dodge it gets a lot easier.

lightelmo73

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2010 8:45 pm
Ok, I guess I'm down to a Cleric or Paladin. Who do you think could survive longer in a fight?

Mehve

Rank 0
Mehve
PostedJan 26, 2010 8:53 pm
Well, technically, the Cleric would have the edge, simply because of better heals. But the Pally is far better at dealing damage, which I'd say would give it the edge in actually winning.

lightelmo73

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2010 8:58 pm
Ok, but I think I have a decision to make...but I'm leaning towards a cleric. Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

sanmiguella

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Best boss solo class?

lightelmo73 wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering what is the best class to solo a boss or a really tough monster. I was thinking it would be either paladin, necro, or ranger, although I'm not sure.
Help appreciated.  

Im quite suprised sins aren't mentioned, maybe you have nvr saw sins solo-in boss before.

lightelmo73 wrote:
Ok, I guess I'm down to a Cleric or Paladin. Who do you think could survive longer in a fight?  

There are many variables that contributes to which class could last longer in a fight such as the imbalances(differences) between classes and also the tactics used.

Persiangato

Rank 5.1
Persiangato
PostedJan 26, 2010 9:58 pm
Sins are great, but unlike the ones I mentioned, they can't heal themselves. They have to rely on weapon specials, potions and teammates to survive.

Shurimpu

Rank 1
Shurimpu
PostedJan 27, 2010 2:24 am
Zerkers are great. You get a 100% stunning attack that's easily spammable, you can fire off huge damage absurdly fast, reduce boss's MP so they can't use skills at all, AoE mobs, increase your own attack power, speed, and accuracy with chance to double attack, etc.

Keep your armor updated, and you can live for a LONG time. Keep Spamming stuns and bosses will go down so fast you won't even NEED to heal.

<br> Grand Fantasia! <br> Solieyu: Level 60 Berserker