TheRust

Rank 2
TheRust
In the Band: St Vincent and The Grenadines
PostedJan 26, 2010 12:15 pm   Last edited by TheRust on Jan 28, 2010 5:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total

How hard did I screw up?

Apparently someone told me it'd add X Plant type damage to anybody. It doesn't. I don't even think it procs on plants. Also, these are the +9 Agi stones that sell for 200g.

So there goes 600g, and I need another 600 AP to remove the stones.
Advertisement

MuseX88

Rank 4
MuseX88
PostedJan 26, 2010 12:32 pm
Ouh dude thats bad... Better learn english and read the inscriptions Very Happy

$('#postSignature').hide();

TheRust

Rank 2
TheRust
PostedJan 26, 2010 12:54 pm
MuseX88 wrote:
Ouh dude thats bad... Better learn english and read the inscriptions Very Happy  

I thought it was just another one of GF's many typos.

Persiangato

Rank 5.1
Persiangato
PostedJan 26, 2010 3:08 pm
x_x oh my..

pthanks

Rank 0
pthanks
PostedJan 26, 2010 4:19 pm
It's unfair to blame his english, the translations are just pure crap. Telling him to "learn english" was kind of rude...

13.5% chance to "Plant cause 165 DMG". That doesn't make sense when I read it, thus, leading me to think that it's a typo. So I rephrase the words. "Cause 165 plant DMG". I.e. this will cause 165 plant elemental type DMG to any monsters.

It should've said "Cause 165 dmg 'TO' plant type monsters."

I was confused when I first came across these as well.

By the way - you can take advantage of the 10Million members event and get 1100 free AP, so you don't have to dish out any real cash to fix it.

TheRust

Rank 2
TheRust
PostedJan 27, 2010 2:17 am
pthanks wrote:
It's unfair to blame his english, the translations are just pure crap. Telling him to "learn english" was kind of rude...

13.5% chance to "Plant cause 165 DMG". That doesn't make sense when I read it, thus, leading me to think that it's a typo. So I rephrase the words. "Cause 165 plant DMG". I.e. this will cause 165 plant elemental type DMG to any monsters.

It should've said "Cause 165 dmg 'TO' plant type monsters."

I was confused when I first came across these as well.

By the way - you can take advantage of the 10Million members event and get 1100 free AP, so you don't have to dish out any real cash to fix it.  

Thanks for your input, but I'm not gonna remove the stones just yet as I think the glow is pretty cool and I'm moving on to a new weapon anyways. But yeah, there goes a crap storm of money.

ittoujuu

Rank 3
ittoujuu
PostedJan 28, 2010 2:37 pm
I would like to fix the descriptions for those types of resonance stone effects, but it is incredibly difficult to, because the statement in the computer would read like this:

When x1 x1 chance to x1 cause x1 DMG.

It's vexing, because they use the same call-variable in the expression, so I'm afraid that the way it differentiates is just by the order of the variables in the statement, like that the second instance in this expression is always supposed to be a percentage value. To change up the syntax might plummet the description from "confusing and badly worded" to "out and out wrong." Even more problematic is the fact that this expression isn't just in a single line - if it were, I'd be okay with taking one update to "experiment" with it, to be changed back if it turned out to be wrong. The expression itself is assembled from words on various lines. Like "chance" and "cause" are in blanks by themselves, since they're used in multiple expressions. If anything, this is probably something we'd have to ask the developers to do for us, to make sure it was done right.

As far as the resonance stone bonuses, my understanding is that things like Beast or Plant-type resonance stones deal that extra damage to all enemies of that type (subject to activation percentage - but even if it has a 100% chance of activation, it doesn't do jack if your resonance stone is Plant-type and the enemy is beast-type). I don't think it's possible for a player-character to deal "plant-type damage," as they're not a plant, and type-based damage, as far as I'm aware, doesn't work like elemental damage - i.e., machines aren't "vulnerable" to plant damage (to whip up a fictional hypothetical example). Enemies deal damage according to their type, and you can deal extra damage to enemies based on their type, or mitigate damage that comes from certain types, but you can't deal damage as one of those types yourself. Player damage, if it had a type, would be Humanoid, though I think player damage just doesn't have a type at all (otherwise, any sort of humanoid damage-preventing resonance stone would sell like gold bars to PvP enthusiasts).

Sorry about the confusion.

Spambot

Rank 2
Spambot
PostedJan 28, 2010 2:49 pm
ittoujuu wrote:

I laughed at that.... not sure why...

TheRust

Rank 2
TheRust
PostedJan 28, 2010 5:17 pm
ittoujuu wrote:
I would like to fix the descriptions for those types of resonance stone effects, but it is incredibly difficult to, because the statement in the computer would read like this:

It's vexing, because they use the same call-variable in the expression, so I'm afraid that the way it differentiates is just by the order of the variables in the statement, like that the second instance in this expression is always supposed to be a percentage value. To change up the syntax might plummet the description from "confusing and badly worded" to "out and out wrong." Even more problematic is the fact that this expression isn't just in a single line - if it were, I'd be okay with taking one update to "experiment" with it, to be changed back if it turned out to be wrong. The expression itself is assembled from words on various lines. Like "chance" and "cause" are in blanks by themselves, since they're used in multiple expressions. If anything, this is probably something we'd have to ask the developers to do for us, to make sure it was done right.

As far as the resonance stone bonuses, my understanding is that things like Beast or Plant-type resonance stones deal that extra damage to all enemies of that type (subject to activation percentage - but even if it has a 100% chance of activation, it doesn't do jack if your resonance stone is Plant-type and the enemy is beast-type). I don't think it's possible for a player-character to deal "plant-type damage," as they're not a plant, and type-based damage, as far as I'm aware, doesn't work like elemental damage - i.e., machines aren't "vulnerable" to plant damage (to whip up a fictional hypothetical example). Enemies deal damage according to their type, and you can deal extra damage to enemies based on their type, or mitigate damage that comes from certain types, but you can't deal damage as one of those types yourself. Player damage, if it had a type, would be Humanoid, though I think player damage just doesn't have a type at all (otherwise, any sort of humanoid damage-preventing resonance stone would sell like gold bars to PvP enthusiasts).

Sorry about the confusion.  

That's the thing, it doesn't even seem to Proc on Plant type monsters. But even if it did, it would still not be anywhere near the worth of the 600 Gold I spent to get 165 Damage to Plants. Now if it did 165 damage to Players straight up, that might be worth it. But then again, it doesn't even do that.

So I tried it with another weapon, and ***** **** there goes another like 500g just for the Stones. But here is what I got:

Ignore the overall damage as these weapons don't have the same ATK Rate. But what you should notice is the damage difference.

Blue Boxes (From left to right)
1.The additional Dark Damage, which clearly states that its damage added to YOUR attack. 135 added damage.
2. Notice the 1046 damage isn't actually high, but one of the lower damage marks.
3. Shows the animation of the resonance stone proc (The dark blast) on the monster.
4. Again, the damage from this proc.

Green Boxes (From left to right)
1. Additional Plant Damage, 165. Chance to proc on Plant Type Monsters.
2. The damage, 1196. One of the higher damages achieved but not sure if this was a proc or not because...
3. There is no proc animation for this. All the attacks look the same so you can't tell if it procs or not.
4. Again, 1196 highest damage which possibly should be a proc hit, if this even does work.

Problems: These stones roughly cost 100g to 200g each for a chance at what? 20 additional damage against ONE certain type of monster that you have the chance of fighting every 20 levels or so?

I'm a level 40 Paladin. I don't do much damage, but even for me 20 damage is utter crap. I guess the only upside to this is the glows they give. But still, definitely not worth the 1,500g (estimate) I'd had spent on these weapons.

TheNuclei

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2010 7:21 pm
The point of those stones are not to stick them in your weapon.

They give AGI if you stick them in your armor....