Murataur

Rank 0
PostedMar 14, 2010 5:13 pm
Inflation is unavoidable.

Keep an eye on Shaiya ranking pages, "By Level" sections. Many HM/UM toons hit 60 in the recent months and many more are pretty close. Especially on the newer servers. More players in general and more high levels in particular means earning of more gold in game. Of course that also means more commodities to trade in for gold, but since we have the auction house now, any old level 41 NM warrior is wearing suitrooms and wielding a Blood Task.

What makes it worse is the selling of AP items. It's not that bad with items that can be farmed such as lapis and common gear, but with AP items, the seller doesn't have to rely on trade chat or shopkeeping in Iris/Bootleg anymore; it's much easier to put stuff in AH for a ripoff price and wait for some *ahem* sucker to come buy, because there are many many more people who need PED and conti now than there were a few months ago.

Well, you'd think skyrocketing weapon lapisia prices from 20m to 250m would burn off the extra gold in people's pockets and balance out crap in time, but then, bam! some ghdfgd walks into Bootleg and starts like "www.imaretardedgamekiller.com selling 1.1b gold for $w/e, cheap gold fast delivery" and next thing you know, the servers are flooded with gold, now worthless gold. Newbies who buy gold and have no clue as to what to do with that gold simply go buy level 33 capes for 1.5b because they...they look cool. If you're not into AP buying, it's so painful to try and build your own 1-15 set that it's not even funny. Even if you forgo 2.5b "worth" ele and level 6 lapises, 400-500m "worth" OPs and God knows how much worth lucky charms, trying to make a (9) silver axe will get you to the point of OMG.

I can't complain, though. Aeria will of course want to make money out of all this and no one can blame them for this, even if they do nothing to fix this or even if they encourage the inflation, especially on AP items. The fact that we're still sucking it up and playing the game against all what's happening indicates this is a good game after all, so perhaps it's only fair, and all we can do is buy AP instead of paying 1.5b for a 7-day conti.
Advertisement

Zak_Dshar

Rank 0
Zak_Dshar
PostedMar 17, 2010 6:45 pm
Murataur wrote:
The fact that we're still sucking it up and playing the game against all what's happening indicates this is a good game after all, so perhaps it's only fair, and all we can do is buy AP instead of paying 1.5b for a 7-day conti.  

Or spend 4 months playing this game and quitting at 55 um....which is what im considering.

Weelildragon

Rank 4
Weelildragon
PostedMar 18, 2010 11:45 pm
A lvl 59 HM guard could also farm bomb mobs in Cryptic throne.

When my UM guard still had his 7 day conti, I would farm about 10 - 20 mini noss every hour.
And since it's mini noss, they will run on par with AP-items. Especially the KO mini noss is good.

lititha

Rank 0
PostedMar 22, 2010 12:24 am
How do you sell stuff on another server?

Millitant88

Rank 0
Millitant88
PostedMar 23, 2010 2:21 am
Easy way to make AP i posted this link in a hot forum thread and got close to 400AP in 1 hours it is an Aerie developed game on facebook to earn Ap from plaing poker just follow it and invite other ppl and get some AP 10k chips = 98ap

http://apps.facebook.com/poker-heroes/?r=100000561375309

<a>Photobucket</a>

angilo4ik1011

Rank 0
PostedApr 06, 2010 5:59 am

help please:)

whats a OI opening time? ;o

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 06, 2010 6:57 am

Re: help please:)

angilo4ik1011 wrote:
whats a OI opening time? ;o  

OI times

with a table of time zones to help you more ^^

signature of xybolt

angilo4ik1011

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2010 9:20 am

=]

thnx u ^^

mr.sienare

Rank 0
mr.sienare
PostedApr 13, 2010 12:30 am
This post is a great help! Very Happy

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedApr 29, 2010 3:02 am
I guess I'll toss me 2 cents as well:

For new players I recommend the following:

Start with a NM toon and start grinding. Go for easy fast exp, map 1+2+3 is fine. Try to do all the quests (they give gold as well).

But most importantly, go for Dark Blue/Green mobs. So many people think they can only get exp by being plvled on red or purple mobs.

If you solo or duo on dark blue/green, sure you get low exp per mob, but you can keep grinding without using much pots, and you can sell a lot of the drops you gain. It's possible even if you do all the quests, that you provide in your own gear all the way up.

How? You kill faster, and even pull and kill large groups for low exp. This means lower exp per mob, but fast large batches. The experience per hour is still pretty good, but the gold and equipment drops are much much better.

You can easily get a NM toon to 40, supplying your own gear and have 50mil gold purely from mob drops (and then you did not farm at all). When leveling, try to store all gear with lapis slots in the warehouse when you replace it with higher level gear.

Over 35 it's possible to join dungeon parties and get your own heroic drops fairly easily (in dungeons do not hesitate to grind on light blue/dark blue). Keep leveling the toon up till a point where you can go to Karis or D1, and try to grind your own lvl 3 lapises.

If you did all the quests, and farm lower level dungeons a bit with your higher level NM toon, you can get level 1-35 noble/worship/heroic/dread gear, and lapis it with the lvl 3 lapises.

Now it's time to start a HM toon, leveling will be easier due to higher stats and the lapises gear you made yourself.

Just do not bother with overly expansive items. If you miss some items, it's often possible to buy lvl 31-45 heroic gear for a few 100k

Azeal (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Nardel (15), Mandatar (65)