Allfor5

Rank 3
Allfor5
PostedFeb 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: Gold Making Guide Without Buying/Selling AP Items

phoenixpaladin wrote:
So everyone is QQing over the inflation and nothing seems to be getting done any time soon. In the end we're all forced to deal with the current prices. It sucks but we all still need to find some way to get by. Yes, I know some of these suggestions aren't the best nor are they solving the inflation problem but it's a guide on how to survive for those who don't deal with AP items. It's broken down by levels because even the lowest level players can make gold. Farming can be done by anyone, certain classes do it faster but any class can do it in a duo, trio, or even pp. I'll update the list if I find/am told of any other ways to make gold.

Level 1-15+
-Keep trade chat open and wait for OI opening times. Then when players tell you to "join" then for gold (usually 2-3mill) type /join [name] where you put in the player's name. You will act as a filler for the OI raid and make a really easy 2mill or so. There are many parties that will ask for this and sometimes may ask many times per hour. It's easy to make 20mill or so everyday for doing nothing.
-Farm Gold Apples
-Join PvP events and buy Ice Cream for 100K from the NPC then resell for 200K to players

Level 16-30+
-Farm the dungeon on map 1 for 1-15 PvP gear
-Farm Etin items (essence of witch, cores, etc)
-Farm Poison Linz and Ampo Spools
-Sell Plvl to level 1-15 players (generally better if you're 25+)

Level 31-40+
-Farm for Great Super/Healing/Mana/SP potions! These can sell for a lot and add up over time
-Farm Gold Powders or other Epic Weapon quest items
-Farm the mid level dungeon for 20-30PvP gear
-Sell Plvl to level 1-25

Level 41-50+
-Farm D1/D2 for level 3 and 4 lapis
-Farm bosses for legend drops
-Sell Plvl to level 1-35

Level 51-55+
-Farm Jungle/Desert for dual lapis
-Sell Plvl to level 1-45

Level 56-60+
-Farm 5's
-Farm OI for 6's
-Farm end-game bosses

If your guild has a guild house:
-buy level 3 lapis from the NPC and sell for 50K or so more to players (this only works for high demand lapis like Craft, Shrewd, and Fortune)
-buy super great potions/untouchable potions and sell it to players

Additional Tips:

-Sell on the Lailah AH. More players = more demand so it should sell faster than on your home server
-Sell for 5-10% less gold than the average price on AH! Selling for LESS means you get MORE gold because your item actually sells. Sell the things you farm to get gold and invest the gold in other items or to improve your toon/gear so you can farm faster and more expensive items.
-The best way to make gold is to play the game! Level up your toon. The higher the level you are, the more and the faster you can farm and the more gold you can make. Don't invest gold into getting good gear until after level 40+ (unless you're doing PvP) because you'll outgrow it pretty fast and it's not very necessary.  

what does OI mean? thank u
Advertisement

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedFeb 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Gold Making Guide Without Buying/Selling AP Items

Allfor5 wrote:
what does OI mean? thank u  

OI = Oblivion Insula

signature of xybolt

FaceControL

Rank 0
FaceControL
PostedFeb 16, 2010 2:11 am
Awesome topic

I still can't understand what those Gold Apples are all about..

phoenixpaladin

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2010 2:20 am
gold apples are used for the epic quest at level 43. You need 99 of them and it's a pain to farm sometimes so higher/richer players just choose to buy them.

mhv_dark1

Rank 0
mhv_dark1
PostedFeb 17, 2010 9:29 pm
seems u r not playing or farming these days.
Area change drop of Caves and specially OI and u can't compare drops with 3 month ago.
our guild farm alot in OI and day after day it become worse
6 hour farm killing lot of boss maybe 1 or 2 stat lapis .
and these tips not work for thses days price. when exp stone reach +200 mil and power lapisia +130 and 15D conti 900 mil u just must farm all day to keep your toon alive in this game . no time to have fun.
just 2 way for making gold still works . buy/sell ap and buy gold from gold seller (as illegal work !)

FaceControL

Rank 0
FaceControL
PostedFeb 19, 2010 3:28 pm
mhv_dark1 wrote:
Area change drop of Caves and specially OI and u can't compare drops with 3 month ago.
and these tips not work for thses days price. when exp stone reach +200 mil and power lapisia +130 and 15D conti 900 mil u just must farm all day to keep your toon alive in this game . no time to have fun.
just 2 way for making gold still works . buy/sell ap and buy gold from gold seller (as illegal work !)  

Buying and selling Ap's isnt the only way to make money. Maybe the easiest one ?

Millitant88

Rank 0
Millitant88
PostedFeb 24, 2010 7:20 pm
I hate to point this out but wouldn't over half these suggestions hurt the game economy buying npc stuf and reselling for more is illogical, like i have seen 100's of times the crappiest pvp item drops from CR are running for upwards of 10mil even for no orange stat noble stuff, and joining raids to open OI will never guaruntee u money i have had promises of 1-10 mil gold just to open OI and never came through, and the earning gold for plvling ppl any noobs out there need plvling I always do it for free unless you are 40+ then u have the gold to spare so I will take it pm Millitant_HM or see if I am on ever and i will usually plvl u

phoenixpaladin

Rank 0
PostedFeb 24, 2010 9:59 pm
mhv_dark1 wrote:

Maybe you're just very unlucky or don't know all the places in OI to farm. I farm OI for 2 days this week and i made 3b+. So I farm for 12 hours in 2 days and I have enough money to buy PID/conti/EE for 15 days to have fun in the game. I have no problem keeping my toons running just by farming. Even if I don't go to OI, I can farm 500+ mill in the 5's cave in 4 hours.

millitant: if you get good pvp gear from farming, then you can sell it for a few mill. It's not much but when you're low level (before you can farm dual lapis), that's enough money to keep you going until you get to the higher levels so you can farm 5's. This isn't a guide to become the richest person on Shaiya. As far as OI raids, you have to admit doing it is better than not doing it at all. It takes you a whole 5 minutes and you don't need to do any work really. What do you have to lose? If you don't get paid, then you can feel good that you did a good thing for someone Smile

Lanceknightmare

Rank 2
PostedMar 05, 2010 9:30 pm
A practice I regularly use to sell my items in the Auction House.

Leave the Auction House timer at 3 days. If the item doesn't sell by then. It is because you have overpriced the item.

At level 49, here is how I make most of my gold.

Most Common source of income- Dark Mage Stones
Others- Selling common weapons to the nearest merchant. While I am stocking up on potions or after my bag fills up.

Most difficult item to sell- Magic Iron Powder
This item is by far the most common item I have. The demand for this item is also really bad to boot. One shouldn't have several stacks of 100 of any item. When they have regularly placed the item on the market.

Tight guide by the way.

zacattack14

Rank 0
PostedMar 07, 2010 12:51 pm
in OI you can just bring a group to get boxes, you might get lucky and get a 6 from time to time.