phoenixpaladin

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2010 6:47 pm   Last edited by phoenixpaladin on Jan 27, 2010 3:19 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Gold Making Guide Without Buying/Selling AP Items

So everyone is QQing over the inflation and nothing seems to be getting done any time soon. In the end we're all forced to deal with the current prices. It sucks but we all still need to find some way to get by. Yes, I know some of these suggestions aren't the best nor are they solving the inflation problem but it's a guide on how to survive for those who don't deal with AP items. It's broken down by levels because even the lowest level players can make gold. Farming can be done by anyone, certain classes do it faster but any class can do it in a duo, trio, or even pp. I'll update the list if I find/am told of any other ways to make gold.

Level 1-15+
-Keep trade chat open and wait for OI opening times. Then when players tell you to "join" then for gold (usually 2-3mill) type /join [name] where you put in the player's name. You will act as a filler for the OI raid and make a really easy 2mill or so. There are many parties that will ask for this and sometimes may ask many times per hour. It's easy to make 20mill or so everyday for doing nothing.
-Farm Gold Apples
-Join PvP events and buy Ice Cream for 100K from the NPC then resell for 200K to players

Level 16-30+
-Farm the dungeon on map 1 for 1-15 PvP gear
-Farm Etin items (essence of witch, cores, etc)
-Farm Poison Linz and Ampo Spools
-Sell Plvl to level 1-15 players (generally better if you're 25+)

Level 31-40+
-Farm for Great Super/Healing/Mana/SP potions! These can sell for a lot and add up over time
-Farm Gold Powders or other Epic Weapon quest items
-Farm the mid level dungeon for 20-30PvP gear
-Sell Plvl to level 1-25

Level 41-50+
-Farm D1/D2 for level 3 and 4 lapis
-Farm bosses for legend drops
-Sell Plvl to level 1-35

Level 51-55+
-Farm Jungle/Desert for dual lapis
-Sell Plvl to level 1-45

Level 56-60+
-Farm 5's
-Farm OI for 6's
-Farm end-game bosses

If your guild has a guild house:
-buy level 3 lapis from the NPC and sell for 50K or so more to players (this only works for high demand lapis like Craft, Shrewd, and Fortune)
-buy super great potions/untouchable potions and sell it to players

Additional Tips:

-Sell on the Lailah AH. More players = more demand so it should sell faster than on your home server
-Sell for 5-10% less gold than the average price on AH! Selling for LESS means you get MORE gold because your item actually sells. Sell the things you farm to get gold and invest the gold in other items or to improve your toon/gear so you can farm faster and more expensive items.
-The best way to make gold is to play the game! Level up your toon. The higher the level you are, the more and the faster you can farm and the more gold you can make. Don't invest gold into getting good gear until after level 40+ (unless you're doing PvP) because you'll outgrow it pretty fast and it's not very necessary.
Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedJan 25, 2010 6:50 pm
i am requesting this be stickied, this is an excelent post during these times, well done! Wink

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Chiptune

Rank 0
Chiptune
PostedJan 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Gold Making Guide Without Buying/Selling AP Items

phoenixpaladin wrote:
-Sell for 5-10% less gold than the average price on AH! Selling for LESS means you get MORE gold because your item actually sells.  
If everyone goes out and does that we won't be in this situation much longer -.-
Great post. Thank you! Smile
*Edit, because I can't spell. ^-^

Lorderius

Rank 0
Lorderius
PostedJan 25, 2010 7:01 pm
Wooooot no QQ-ing ... graz man ... 1+

Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedJan 25, 2010 7:29 pm
Wonderful post with some genuinely great suggestions! +Karma!

But please remember, everyone, if you opt to go the plvling path, protect yourself and ask a GS to be the mediator by holding the money/items/whatever until the plvling is finished. There are WAY too many plvl scammers out there and nobody wants to waste time and/or money on scammers. We'll always be happy to help you guys out.

Mordida

Rank 3
Mordida
PostedJan 25, 2010 8:12 pm

phoenixpaladin wrote:

-buy level 3 lapis from the NPC and sell for 50K or so more to players  

this is the only tip that will not work =)
level 3 lapis (even craft) are sold cheaper by players than from the guild house NPC.

RANDACE

Rank 0
RANDACE
PostedJan 25, 2010 8:29 pm
AWSOME POST !! Well thought out and extremely easy to read and understand, Great Job ! Karma for You !!

sue00000011

Rank 0
sue00000011
PostedJan 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Excellent Post

I think you guys did not like my last Post on Other Forum and got it locked. Sorry guys I just thought the ideas there were stupid, and I told everyone what they should be doing. I do just what this guy here is saying. Have toons for every level you could imagine. Buy and sell AP and I do everything this guy discussed except selling PLV. I only lv me and maybe I PLV you for free. To me OI is boring though always Waiting for a drop. I can make just as much money selling many low dollar items and buying and selling AP. But I do all the other stuff to and have many many different sources of revenue. Finally, someone who is not an idiot, Hehe.
The only good idea I can think of that I have ever heard mentioned in forum for how to get the prices down is to make Noss Merchant, I think that would be awesome and I would definitely circulate some of my Gold out of the Game this would help the price of AP a little.
But yes it is a lot of work though selling GSP untouch etc. Farming Duals is probably the funnest way to make money and good xp too. Please, don't say anything contrary to me guys because I do not want to give you a piece of my mind. I like this guys post he is not an idiot, lets just leave it at that.

K_I_A_N_D_R_A

Rank 1
K_I_A_N_D_R_A
PostedJan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Mordida wrote:
phoenixpaladin wrote:

level 3 lapis (even craft) are sold cheaper by players than from the guild house NPC.  

Actually, if you sell the in-demand lvl 3 lapis (shrewd and craft, mostly) you should have no problem getting a 250-300k price most of the time. You just have to avoid the crummy ones that people rarely use (though if you have them from farming, feel free to knock the prices down a bit and try selling Very Happy)

phoenixpaladin

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2010 3:26 pm

K_I_A_N_D_R_A wrote:
Mordida wrote:
phoenixpaladin wrote:

Actually, if you sell the in-demand lvl 3 lapis (shrewd and craft, mostly) you should have no problem getting a 250-300k price most of the time. You just have to avoid the crummy ones that people rarely use (though if you have them from farming, feel free to knock the prices down a bit and try selling Very Happy)  

I haven't looked at level 3 lapis prices myself for a long time since I don't use them anymore. I put it up because it still held true when I was still linking 3's like 2 months ago. I edited the original post to include the craft, shrewd, and fortune.

The reason I added plvl is because everyone can do it an it goes hand in hand with farming for me. If I'm farming something I can 1 hit, I might as well let someone tag along and I get money from 2 sources at the same time. But I agree with being careful about scamers.

Chip: I included that because a lot of times people put Brilliant prices on AH. So I figured that the average of the Brilliant price + normal price = semi-normal price. Personally, I've been farming duals a lot this past month and always sell them for 1 mill less than the lowest price on AH and I still make 100mill or so in 2 hours of farming. I invest the gold to buy PED/PID to farm some more and overall make money money instead of letting the lapis sit on my AH for weeks.