mutantrobot

Rank 0
mutantrobot
PostedJan 09, 2012 9:08 am

recuring account

please cancel my recuring account thank you anthony a. russell/mutantrobot.
Advertisement

Dalmo001

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2012 8:03 am

Erm, Why!?

I wake up and check my emails as i do everyday and notice that aeria has taken 30 from my paypal without me even doing anything. I havn't played an aeria game since october last year and I certainly havn't listed up for the "auto aeria point recharge" thing.
The cash was refunded straight away (well 3 minutes after the transaction at 4:30am UK time. (Hard i was fast asleep).

I'd just like to know, how the frick did this happen and what should I do to make sure everything is 100% certified that 1) I'll deffinitily be refunded and 2) make sure this problem does not happen again.

Thanks

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJan 19, 2012 9:21 am

Re: Erm, Why!?

Dalmo001 wrote:
I wake up and check my emails as i do everyday and notice that aeria has taken 30 from my paypal without me even doing anything. I havn't played an aeria game since october last year and I certainly havn't listed up for the "auto aeria point recharge" thing.
The cash was refunded straight away (well 3 minutes after the transaction at 4:30am UK time. (**** i was fast asleep).

I'd just like to know, how the frick did this happen and what should I do to make sure everything is 100% certified that 1) I'll deffinitily be refunded and 2) make sure this problem does not happen again.

Thanks  

I fully understand your concern and am glad this was refunded quickly. Was your last purchase of ap 30.00 by chance? If not it will not be a glitch with the auto recharge. If so then I suggest you actually send an rt to billing warning of this so that you can be reassured it will not happen again. Also check with paypal as it could have been an error at their end and if it was seek the same reassurance from them.

However the fact that it was refunded quickly says to me it is a paypal error. Unfortunately it does happen, but at least they corrected their mistake quickly.

Dalmo001

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2012 10:53 am

I fully understand your concern and am glad this was refunded quickly. Was your last purchase of ap 30.00 by chance? If not it will not be a glitch with the auto recharge. If so then I suggest you actually send an rt to billing warning of this so that you can be reassured it will not happen again. Also check with paypal as it could have been an error at their end and if it was seek the same reassurance from them.

However the fact that it was refunded quickly says to me it is a paypal error. Unfortunately it does happen, but at least they corrected their mistake quickly.  

It showed up on my paypal as 30 but I have never made any purchase of aeria points at all. Thats the bit that is confusing me. I double checked everything with paypal and also my bank. Luckily the payment was refunded immediatly because the card attactched to my paypal account was my old bank card and the transaction was null/void.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJan 19, 2012 11:13 am

Dalmo001 wrote:

It showed up on my paypal as 30 but I have never made any purchase of aeria points at all. Thats the bit that is confusing me. I double checked everything with paypal and also my bank. Luckily the payment was refunded immediatly because the card attactched to my paypal account was my old bank card and the transaction was null/void.  

Ok then in this case I would check the security of your account. Are you sure nobody has access? I suggest you change your email and password associated with this account to be safe. Also do a scan to ensure you have no keylogger on your pc. Spybot is a good one. If you find one and remove after this make changes to other info.

I also suggest you change your email and password on your Paypal account if you ever update with a current card, to be completely safe.

mewimi

Rank 0
mewimi
PostedMay 30, 2012 3:45 pm
I was trying desperately to figure out why my bank was overdrawn by $8s and it turns out it was Aeria games auto recharge ( as seen in AP history log ), even though I never chose auto recharge. I even went to go look at account recharge settings and it said "Disabled"

SO WHY WAS I CHARGED?

This seems almost like a scam...

KinkkTalonz

Rank 0
KinkkTalonz
PostedJun 08, 2012 12:20 am
I Would Rather Get more Bonus on random purchases using diffrent payment methods over time then having Recurring. Thank You.

2_DEVIL

Rank 0
PostedJun 19, 2012 9:13 pm   Last edited by 2_DEVIL on Mar 20, 2014 5:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJun 20, 2012 1:59 am

Re: billing, pfft...

2_DEVIL wrote:
Whatever you do, don't send a ticket to billing, THEY WILL NOT ANSWER IT....  

They will. Billing tickets can take up to 5 business days to be answered, but they do answer it and try their best to help with your problem.

KinkkTalonz

Rank 0
KinkkTalonz
PostedAug 13, 2012 2:31 pm
How to get PayPal recurring in purchase rates instead? 75.0%