Dark_Recess

Rank 2
PostedJan 19, 2010 1:53 pm   Last edited by Dark_Recess on Jan 31, 2010 12:07 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Manual Update Information

Up to date as of 1/18/2010
Okay, since there have been a lot of people having issues with the updater, I will post this for everyone so that everyone who needs it can have access to it.

Since Shaiya now uses a HTTP server to distribute client patches, you will need to download the individual patch file outside of the updater if you can't download via the updater. I only recommend doing this if the Updater.exe fails repeatedly.

First thing, you need to find out what version you are currently at. To do this:

1. Open your Shaiya directory (usually C:\AeriaGames\Shaiya) and look for a file named "Version"

It will contain a box of text that looks like this:

[Version]
CheckVersion=3
CurrentVersion=92
StartUpdate=UPDATE_END

As of 1/18/2010, if you are able to access the game that is what your Version.ini file should say. IF IT DOES NOT, you need to take note of the Current Version number. Anything after that is something that needs to be downloaded and updated.

I will repeat myself: DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS UPDATER.EXE IS FAILING CONTINUOUSLY

If it just after a maintenance where a patch has been released, give it a bit of time and try again, the server queues on a first come first serve basis, and only has so many slots available for downloads. Usually even a 5-10 minute wait will produce better results, unless it is a very large client update.

Now, if you have to update your game using this method, now that you have your current version number in hand, you have two options on how to run the updater. The first group of instructions here is what I originally put into this thread. Quoted below that is c0ma's find of a FTP service that handles HTTP files. Either should work.

Copy and paste this link into your browser:

http://shaiyaupdates.weebly.com/patch-file-downloads.html

Once you know what version you currently have, you can start downloading the patch files from the link above. Download from where you are until you hit version 92. As of Jan 18, 2010, that is 92

Download the file into your C:\AeriaGames\Shaiya directory

Once you have all the necessary files downloaded, run Updater.exe. It should locate the files in your Shaiya directory and extract them into the game.saf file automatically.

If you are unable to download the files from the link posted above (AFTER replacing the XX with the version number you need), post here and I will download it and re-upload it to rapidshare or whatever so you can download it from there.

Feel free to PM me or post in the forum below if you are having any other issues outside of this.

This is from c0ma's post, link here:

If it were me having to go through a manual update, downloading the patch files, I feel the easiest method would be an FTP client that supports HTTP.

I'll use a free software as an example, FTP Surfer

Once opened, you would right-click on My Neighborhood, then click on 'New Site Profile'

You can name it what ever you wish, I named mine Shaiya Updates.
The boxes below would be filled out like this:
Code:

Address: http://shaiya-us.patch.aeriagames.com
Server Type: Auto-detect
User Profile: Anonymous
Explore From: /Shaiya/patch/

You can then download an individual patch file, or hold CTRL and left click each one you may need. Follow the update instructions in Dark's post once you've downloaded the files you require to update your version of Shaiya.

I could explain how to do this via command line using GET, but I've found GUI ftp programs easier for the end-user.

hope that helps some of you  

If you are having issues updating Shaiya, <a> Click Me </a><br><br> Retired From Shaiya
Advertisement

lovedruggi3

Rank 0
lovedruggi3
PostedJan 19, 2010 5:02 pm
Tyvm for posting this. Will it work if your shaiya files are on usb? I don't want to copy and paste anything in my usb shaiya folder so it will mess up permanently and I can't get on at all on my other computer. I am just assuming file location/directory doesn't matter.

Dark_Recess

Rank 2
PostedJan 20, 2010 8:24 pm
The updater looks for the files in the Shaiya directory. You can try it in other locations, but the Shaiya directory is what I know will work.

If you are having issues updating Shaiya, <a> Click Me </a><br><br> Retired From Shaiya

Darker112

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2010 3:56 pm
My "Current Version" is constantly changing. What sud i do? What patch to download?

gothicjinx101

Rank 0
gothicjinx101
PostedJan 23, 2010 10:13 am

it wont work!!

i tried every thing!
i trired EVERTHING! and it still says fullscreen error! not only that but when i DO play the game no matter HOW big the screen when i create a new chacrater (cuz i've never played this game before) it dose NOT display the ok button! and since i havn't played this game before i don't have any other chartaters to play on! so it's VERY hard to start the game when u cannot add a new chacter. please will someone help me?

c0matose

Rank 3
c0matose
PostedJan 23, 2010 11:29 am

Re: it wont work!!

i tried every thing!
gothicjinx101 wrote:
i trired EVERTHING! and it still says fullscreen error! not only that but when i DO play the game no matter HOW big the screen when i create a new chacrater (cuz i've never played this game before) it dose NOT display the ok button! and since i havn't played this game before i don't have any other chartaters to play on! so it's VERY hard to start the game when u cannot add a new chacter. please will someone help me?  

dost my eyes deceive me?
hast thou spammed multiple threads?
Yea...you did.

http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=5420573#5420573
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=5420533#5420533
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=5420505#5420505

*wrist slap*

now, just to start off somewhere -

What is the resolution you have your desktop set to? From my understanding, you can not have the resolution set higher in the game than what your desktop can be set to. You can attempt a custom resolution by opening up your config.ini file.

Have you tried windows mode?

Have you tried the pie?

<center></a><br><br>Remember to turn the other cheek, that way the swelling will be even.</center>

Kalista05

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2010 12:06 am

the downlaod version i need to start with is 74

i tired ur link and it comes up Oop`s link that u request is broken .... wondering what to do from here? ...........

Dark_Recess

Rank 2
PostedJan 25, 2010 3:29 am

Re: the downlaod version i need to start with is 74

Kalista05 wrote:
i tired ur link and it comes up Oop`s link that u request is broken .... wondering what to do from here? ...........  

From Original Post:

http://shaiya-us.patch.aeriagames.com/Shaiya/patch/ps00XX.patch

Replacing XX with the next number AFTER your current version number. ie, if your current version says 75, you will need to start with 76, and work your way up to what is listed here as the current version. As of Jan 18, 2010, that is 92

Does that help?

note: not intended to be sarcastic, just wanting to make sure you had followed all the steps in order to try this

c0matose

Rank 3
c0matose
PostedJan 25, 2010 6:27 am
rather than copy-n-paste my post from another thread, I'll just post the link to the FTP information.

IMO, using a client rather than your browser is faster since you can select multiple files to download at a time. It's better than having to do them individually via browser sessions.

<center></a><br><br>Remember to turn the other cheek, that way the swelling will be even.</center>

Kalista05

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: the downlaod version i need to start with is 74

Dark_Recess wrote:
Kalista05 wrote:

From Original Post:

http://shaiya-us.patch.aeriagames.com/Shaiya/patch/ps00XX.patch

Replacing XX with the next number AFTER your current version number. ie, if your current version says 75, you will need to start with 76, and work your way up to what is listed here as the current version. As of Jan 18, 2010, that is 92

Does that help?

note: not intended to be sarcastic, just wanting to make sure you had followed all the steps in order to try this  
yes i did...the first link u gave wasnt correct... the other one was... i downloaded all the patch`s i need`d but still wont work, the message i get is this : the version does not match. please install the client again .c20