yishyfishy

Rank 0
PostedJan 05, 2010 6:38 am
Can I ask you how long did you take for this piece and which programme did you use?
Tho by the looks of it it's adobe PS..
Advertisement

perfectstriker

Rank 0
perfectstriker
PostedJan 05, 2010 3:08 pm
Paint Tool SAI :3

perfectstriker

Rank 0
perfectstriker
PostedJan 05, 2010 3:14 pm
Yeah I understand 400g is alot, but this work (as simple as it is) took something like 5 - 10h to make :T

So considering you can make 30-50g in an hour, I could've made something like 150 - 500g :T You should also take note that 400g can get you 13-ish M-clays, which is about 1300AP, which is like $13 :T Although I'm still a novice, commissions for professionals can sometimes be up to $200, so this is really cheap :T

But I know what you mean so since you're not asking for a full background/other characters/etc I'll drop the price to 200g :T Hopefully that's not too much to ask for.

perfectstriker

Rank 0
perfectstriker
PostedJan 05, 2010 3:15 pm
This took something like 5-10 hours :T and the program I used was Paint Tool SAI :T

d_hunter

Rank 0
d_hunter
PostedJan 06, 2010 3:05 am
ryukazama wrote:
lol, gradients for the background is fine:p.

Ahh, vector can mean alot of things and I still dont completely understand the concept of vectorsD:. I see, your lineart looks really clean:).

Can you also post the price for "Sketches, Colored" etc? Thx  

I think I can explain the difference between vector and the other type of digital art (raster) it's mainly what program you use to make the art. Vector saves the data by the lines and shape of the picture while raster saves the data by pixel color and placement(think that's correct). Really doesn't matter which you use if you plan to save it as a bmp or jpeg, only time it would matter is if you plan to save it in a format that understands vector.

ryukazama

Rank 0
PostedJan 07, 2010 12:34 pm
d_hunter wrote:
ryukazama wrote:
lol, gradients for the background is fine:p.

Ahh, vector can mean alot of things and I still dont completely understand the concept of vectorsD:. I see, your lineart looks really clean:).

Can you also post the price for "Sketches, Colored" etc? Thx  

I think I can explain the difference between vector and the other type of digital art (raster) it's mainly what program you use to make the art. Vector saves the data by the lines and shape of the picture while raster saves the data by pixel color and placement(think that's correct). Really doesn't matter which you use if you plan to save it as a bmp or jpeg, only time it would matter is if you plan to save it in a format that understands vector.  

Thank you so much! Question, why do people save an image as either jpeg or png? I heard that png gives better results or something...

Vexels and Vextors uses the same technique I think lol

@perfectstriker
wow...5-8 hours? It usually takes 12 hours to finish an imageD:. Hmmm...lemme do my math again since its not 12g for a level 55+ rep, it's really 9.4g or something similar...

It takes about 10-15 minute per rep so about 40g per hour...since u spend abour 5-8 hours, 200g is good enough even though its still alot:p. Can u not add the bg so the price of the picture be reduced? Thx

d_hunter

Rank 0
d_hunter
PostedJan 07, 2010 7:30 pm
ryukazama wrote:

Thank you so much! Question, why do people save an image as either jpeg or png? I heard that png gives better results or something...

Vexels and Vextors uses the same technique I think lol

Well most of the time it comes down to your own preference or what you plan to use the image for. The only differences I really heard was that jpeg doesn't handle transparency and over saving can result in a loss of quality.

Truth be told I've never heard of vexels or vextors before so I decided to look up on wikipedia to see if I could find anything and this is the only thing I could find link

perfectstriker

Rank 0
perfectstriker
PostedJan 07, 2010 9:43 pm
Even if I don't include a gradient background it really wouldn't reduce price that much (since it really doesn't take long at all to make a gradient background) :T I'm really hesitant to lower the price because my main character is only level 39 so I really don't have much means for making lots of money (I plan on staying at lvl 40 for a bit to EA too :T) and there's a bunch of things I'm saving up for, but I don't want to make myself seem greedy D:

If you're really persistent on getting a lower price, then I'll drop it to 190g for no bg.

ryukazama

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2010 3:43 pm
d_hunter wrote:

Well most of the time it comes down to your own preference or what you plan to use the image for. The only differences I really heard was that jpeg doesn't handle transparency and over saving can result in a loss of quality.

Truth be told I've never heard of vexels or vextors before so I decided to look up on wikipedia to see if I could find anything and this is the only thing I could find link  
Thank you so much for the link. I never knew theres a wiki for ito.o! Reading it now and there's alot of information for it:D

perfectstriker wrote:

Even if I don't include a gradient background it really wouldn't reduce price that much (since it really doesn't take long at all to make a gradient background) :T I'm really hesitant to lower the price because my main character is only level 39 so I really don't have much means for making lots of money (I plan on staying at lvl 40 for a bit to EA too :T) and there's a bunch of things I'm saving up for, but I don't want to make myself seem greedy D:

If you're really persistent on getting a lower price, then I'll drop it to 190g for no bg.

Lol just kidding, I'll buy it for 200g^^. No need to lower your price since I really appreciate for your hard work:p. Hey, all artist gotta make a living somehow:D. Cant wait fot it!

sen_den

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2010 8:24 pm
What if the low levels wanna commission a drawing ha xD We cant makes da moneh Sad