billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedApr 11, 2011 12:46 am

Re: Link to Apply :)

hotspuraz wrote:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1156021  

Ummm yes, but that thread will only be active out April 11th 2011, as a new application thread is opened in the General Discussion section of the Shaiya forums each month. If you are posting information about how to become a GS here, please make sure it is information that will stay relevant.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.
Advertisement

DesChrisseh

Rank 0
DesChrisseh
PostedApr 19, 2011 5:26 am
Rawr? :3

Nice list ^_^
I'll refer to it if my brain overloads.

<a>Photobucket</a>

Aeria.Gamer

Rank 0
PostedMay 15, 2011 10:55 pm
I have a simple question. Is it the job of the Game Sages to ban spammers and bots? I find them rampant in this game and will spam for like 5-15 minutes until they are banned or at least muted and then with in minutes another one comes along. There is no way to block that spammer and no way to block Area Chat as well or at least that I have found, nor should I have to block the entire Area Chat just to stop spammers.

Why there is not already simple procedures in place to stop such behavior I have no idea. Aeria states they are bad and it is also just annoying seeing it spammed every other chat post. I also see people annoying everyone else on purpose by just randomly pressing a button and hitting "ENTER" over and over again.

Thank you for your time and patience.

sxty9

Rank 2
sxty9
PostedMay 15, 2011 11:39 pm
GameSages have no ability to do anything with them they are regular players who volunteer to assist by answering questions and to hold an occasional event. They have to be poofed by a GM and sometimes there isnt one on or available or they are working on things that are more important

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 16, 2011 1:13 am
Aeria.Gamer wrote:
There is no way to block that spammer and no way to block Area Chat as well or at least that I have found, nor should I have to block the entire Area Chat just to stop spammers.  

press G -> "block", write the name in the box and add it. then you don't see the spammer's input anymore

signature of xybolt

watercharms

Rank 2
watercharms
PostedMay 16, 2011 2:14 am
Aeria.Gamer wrote:
There is no way to block that spammer and no way to block Area Chat as well or at least that I have found, nor should I have to block the entire Area Chat just to stop spammers.  

also if you turn Trade chat off it turns Area Chat off aswell

fuzzygossett

Rank 0
PostedJun 08, 2011 1:13 am

I Want to Become a GS

I'm a good person.
I help people if they need help on quests.
I also know almost everybody on shaiya.
If you go on shaiya and ask who UnicornRising or GeneralPain is they'll know.
I think I would make a great supervisor.
I'm on Monday-Sunday 12:00p.m.-8:00p.m.
If I become a GS I will also hold events for the new players who join.
I will also get tons of people to join Aeria Games.
Please let me try.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 08, 2011 1:37 am

Re: I Want to Become a GS

fuzzygossett wrote:
I'm a good person.
I help people if they need help on quests.
I also know almost everybody on shaiya.
If you go on shaiya and ask who UnicornRising or GeneralPain is they'll know.
I think I would make a great supervisor.
I'm on Monday-Sunday 12:00p.m.-8:00p.m.
If I become a GS I will also hold events for the new players who join.
I will also get tons of people to join Aeria Games.
Please let me try.  

this thread is actually meant - as the tittle said - how to become a GameSage. It is actually a guide for it.
If you want to be a GameSage, you need to apply for it in a monthly application thread.

for the month june, there is a new application thread here ; Community Volunteers - Game Sage (June) - APPLICATIONS ONLY

please apply by a correct format ( check the first post )

good luck

signature of xybolt

kimtakgo

Rank 0
kimtakgo
PostedJul 03, 2011 12:59 am

helo gm

applying as a GS
,,can i volunter my self to apply as GS???just reply me here ,,and what will i do to have it,,tnx^^..im from philippines,,^^

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJul 03, 2011 3:37 am

Re: helo gm

applying as a GS
kimtakgo wrote:
,,can i volunter my self to apply as GS???just reply me here ,,and what will i do to have it,,tnx^^..im from philippines,,^^  

As long as they meet the requirements, anyone can apply to become a GS. The GMs will consider your application and judge whether they think you suitable for the position or not. I suggest you read carefully through the whole first post of this thread, as it covers both what a GS is and does, as well as how the application process works. For additional information, check here.

Shaiya GS applications opens once every month. This is announced in a stickied thread in the General Discussion part of the Shaiya forums. The forum part of your application is supposed to be entered into that thread - nowhere else.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.