Author Message

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
Joined
16 Feb 2009
Posts
12963
Location
Western Canada
PostedJan 27, 2010 2:36 pm
linxis172 wrote:
1st, Dont even have 50 posts
2nd Cant read instructions.
3rd. Post here easily showing there lack of education in the game.  

I don't think you're in a good position to talk about poor GS candidates.

Advertisement

Alastor90

Rank 0
Alastor90
Joined
17 Apr 2007
Posts
5
Location
United States
PostedFeb 01, 2010 11:12 am

GS are really

GS = Snitch
They basically do all the Game Master's work with none of the reward or power.
Gratz guys ;D

Bored ~

sxty9

Rank 2
sxty9
Joined
28 Aug 2009
Posts
752
Location
Canada
PostedFeb 01, 2010 3:05 pm
ty for you input
(wonders what you are bitter about)
and looks at your post count

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedFeb 01, 2010 3:26 pm
sxty9 wrote:
ty for you input
(wonders what you are bitter about)
and looks at your post count
 
Interestingly he has a post count of 2, but only one post can be found.
If the other post was along the same lines it wouldn't surprise me if it was deleted.

RIP Kizzd

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
Joined
21 Sep 2007
Posts
4107
Location
Orlando, FL United States
PostedFeb 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: GS are really

Alastor90 wrote:
GS = Snitch
They basically do all the Game Master's work with none of the reward or power.
Gratz guys ;D  

Good job, you just demonstrated that you know absolutely nothing about what GSes or GMs do.

Alastor90

Rank 0
Alastor90
Joined
17 Apr 2007
Posts
5
Location
United States
PostedFeb 02, 2010 7:20 pm

I'm not ignorant here

In other games, the GM's actually go around and manage things themselves. No offense but Game Sages can be biased. It's in human nature to favor some people more than others, and the fact that they're mostly long-standing members within the community means they already have pre-formed opinions and conclusions. I'm not saying that all Game Sages are like that, I'm just saying the room for it is very great.

Bored ~

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
Joined
24 Feb 2008
Posts
6176
Location
Spain
PostedFeb 03, 2010 3:40 pm
You yourself said that GameSages have no powers, did you not?! If that's the case, what does their bias matter that much if GM's need to do all that anyway?! And in that case, seeing as GS's are not Aeria employees, GM's still need to check all the proof of case brought to them by the GS.

Either way, you simply do NOT understand the role of a GS. Simple as that. In the actual GS "job", there is nearly nothing that there can be bias in. What there can be bias in is nothing more than every players "job", not only GS's, and that's reporting rule-breakers. Yes, GS's aren't selected to report rule-breakers. That's EVERY players responsibility equally.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedFeb 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: I'm not ignorant here

Alastor90 wrote:
In other games, the GM's actually go around and manage things themselves. No offense but Game Sages can be biased. It's in human nature to favor some people more than others, and the fact that they're mostly long-standing members within the community means they already have pre-formed opinions and conclusions. I'm not saying that all Game Sages are like that, I'm just saying the room for it is very great.  
So basically you are making unsubstantiated allegations against unspecified GSs based on what you think might happen - have I got that right?

RIP Kizzd

Alastor90

Rank 0
Alastor90
Joined
17 Apr 2007
Posts
5
Location
United States
PostedFeb 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Whatever.

I'm just saying the entire system is flawed and has the capacity for abuse.
Anytime you give someone power and they're not contractually obligated to have your best interest in mind is dangerous.
Any noob can take a screenie at the right time and paint someone in a less than savory light.
Since GS have direct contact with GM's, naturally their claims would carry more weight.
Sides, it's a pointless job which could easily be filled by a Game Master if they put some actual work into it. Situations would even get resolved more quickly that way.

Bored ~

SailorSpira

Rank 5
SailorSpira
Joined
23 Sep 2008
Posts
3577
Location
The Shire Australia
PostedFeb 08, 2010 2:28 am

Re: Whatever.

Alastor90 wrote:
I'm just saying the entire system is flawed and has the capacity for abuse.
Anytime you give someone power and they're not contractually obligated to have your best interest in mind is dangerous.
Any noob can take a screenie at the right time and paint someone in a less than savory light.
Since GS have direct contact with GM's, naturally their claims would carry more weight.
Sides, it's a pointless job which could easily be filled by a Game Master if they put some actual work into it. Situations would even get resolved more quickly that way.  


I think our GM' time is better spent anwsering tickets, then anwsering questions about where to find quest NPC's ect. The idea of the GameSage program is that players with knowledge are there to share their knowledge with other players.

The ticket system is better then having a GM in game imo, because they are able to work directly on one issue without aditional players spamming other issues and distracting them. Also one GM would not be enough. We have 8 server/factions so it would require at least 8 GM's, which is a lot of aditional staff. Then if they were in game all day then it is likely they would develope links with members of the community, thus does that not create the same bias you claim GS's have? Also keep in mind that GM's are only available at certain times of the day, GS's are in various time zones around the world.

As for abusing powers, this is very difficult as we don't actually have any. If I see a player doing something against the rules I do what every other player has the option of doing. I take a SS and submit a ticket. No action will ever be taken against a player just because a GS told a GM they were misbehaving. I asure you we need just as much proof as any other player.

The only exception to this is 3rd party gold sellers, where a GM will give an instant ban based on a GS's word. They do however check to make sure it is a spammer account first.

I think perhaps your knowledge on what a GS does is a little incomplete, and I know many GS's who have reported friends and guild mates, so please get to know us before you make a judgement, and if you do find any evidence of bias or misconduct then please report the GS in question, I asure you GM's take such matters very seriously.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: