I suggest you check the wolfteam forums? O.o

Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedJul 16, 2012 4:31 pm
r3ddz wrote:
can i become a gs for wolfteam cuz ur link says for shaiya  
The link says it's for Shaiya because this is in the Shaiya forums and it's advice for people who want to become Shaiya GSes.
This thread is also well out of date now.
A lot of the advice is still sound, but the application process is different, as are some of the links.

As Healer_11 says, the Wolfteam forums are probably best if you wish to become a GS for that game.

RIP Kizzd

LadyAraZ

Rank 0
LadyAraZ
PostedJul 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Phoenix server

GS concerns
I have been noticing in TC lately, a lot o ppl mentioning GS seem to never be avbl at all. It almost appears as ppl begging for a GS as well. There seems to be a concern we have not enough GS, or they are never on, avbl to assist, or may feel as though gamers are choosing to not use self help forums & their guilds for assistance of which they could do answer themselves.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJul 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Re: Phoenix server

GS concerns
LadyAraZ wrote:
I have been noticing in TC lately, a lot o ppl mentioning GS seem to never be avbl at all. It almost appears as ppl begging for a GS as well. There seems to be a concern we have not enough GS, or they are never on, avbl to assist, or may feel as though gamers are choosing to not use self help forums & their guilds for assistance of which they could do answer themselves.  

Compared to a couple of years ago, the number of GSes has declined quite significantly. Ideally, Aeria have wanted 10 GSes per faction per server. While Lailah at times has been about this number, this is nowhere near the case on any faction at the moment. When people are volunteering for a position, you cannot expect them to dedicate their lives to it, but to pitch in as much as they feel able to without the task eating them up.

I can use myself as an example here. I was a GS from Dec 09 until May this year. When I was tagged, I played 6-8 hours/day. After half a year as a GS, I had come to a point where the task started eating into my real life. So I cut down on my ingame time and effectively halved it. This meant that for the next two years, I was able to keep volunteering and help out at a level I was satisfied with as well as it not affecting my real life.

The GS that is able to commit 5+ hours/day to the task over a long period of time is a rare individual. With the tag comes a lot of responsibility, public scrutiny and mental stress as you keep trying to always do the right thing. Add whatever goes on in your personal life at any given time (broken hearts, divorces, family hospitalized or passing away, work difficulties, studies, keeping your relations with your loved one(s), friends and family going, sleeping, eating, exercising, the sort of things that go on in everyone's life).

Several excellent GSes have crashed and burned due to overextending themselves, never to return to the tags or even the game.

Another reason for GSes leaving can be discontent with the situation they are in as a GS. You have to step with care whenever you are dealing with the community, more so than most other players. The limits put upon you and the environment you are given to work within may cause frustrations that sap the will to go on volunteering.

So, when a faction only has 2-3 GSes, there are bound to be long periods every day you cannot get hold of any of them.

Another question one might ask is what has caused this overall lack of GSes today. I have the main contributor to that pretty firmly in my mind. *glances at top left corner of screen* Several excellent former GSes applying lately have also been rejected ... which coupled with a decline in the numbers of eligible applicants, makes for slim pickings indeed for new people with tags.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

mariaah

Rank 0
mariaah
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:59 am
Cool Very Happy

ttopps69

Rank 0
ttopps69
PostedJan 19, 2013 6:46 pm

help GS

be part of a GS
Hello I am wondering if I can be a helpfull person if a GS is not on. If I can please tell me some information I need to no if so i will always be a great example for all!

Thank you and have a nice day.

By: ttopps69 (Shelby-HM)

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJan 19, 2013 7:02 pm
@ ttopps69:

I appreciate your attitude and wish we would see more of that. Any player is welcome to provide assistance to the community. In order to help out people I suggest familiarizing yourself with as many as possible of the guides that are listed in the Self Help section here, as well as the Shaiya Wiki (however outdated it might be). And you also want to make sure to bookmark the best mob location website available for Shaiya.

Also, make sure to read up on the various promotions regularly, preferably at least once a day, and make sure you know how the various placeholders are redeemed by tickets. Keeping up to date with the Shaiya forum, especially the General section (with all three subsections) is vital.

The Self Help section of the Aeria Games Forum (ie not the Shaiya forum) is also an important resource if you want to figure out issues concering bans, accounts and AP.

If you decide to try assist someone asking for a GS, I suggest you whisper them and say: "Hi there. I am not a GS, but depending on the issue, I might be able to assist."

There are some issues only a GS can handle, but all of these would be where communicating with a GM is needed. Those should of course be left to the GSes to handle.

Besides, that, be prepared to be rejected by people because you don't have GS tags, but stay cheery, polite and helpful, and people will soon start looking you up rather than start asking for GS right away.

Good luck!

Edit: Ah yes, it will also be a good idea to not involve in KSing/guild/personal issues. Leave people to sort those out in private.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

macmac_1014

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2013 5:56 am

Re: [GS]- FRIEND

hope to become a [GS]-FRIEND
[quote="kollam"]if i become a gs i will help the new players to get a good start and help to get out the hackers from the game
i really hope to become (GS)
:handsomedamma[/quote]
[code]FRIEND[url][i][u][b]
[quote]
[img][size=9][/size]

Beard.

Rank 1
Beard.
PostedOct 23, 2014 10:11 am
Nice thread and good job clearing this up for the people that do not know what a game sage really is.