Looks much better than when it started, good work Smile  

Thanks ^w^ The advices you gave me helped Razz

Advertisement

kollam

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

please let me in

GS reply
i alredy send one but i dont know it has arived .
I hope to get in rely much i meet so many hackers this week and i hope i can get them away soon. Hope u be in notice soon :HandsomeDamma

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedJan 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: please let me in

GS reply
kollam wrote:
i alredy send one but i dont know it has arived .
I hope to get in rely much i meet so many hackers this week and i hope i can get them away soon. Hope u be in notice soon :HandsomeDamma  
This is the wrong thread for applying to the GS program.
As stated in Luxai's guide (page 1) there will be a thread every month which invites people to apply.
This thread is not it.

RIP Kizzd

Aega

Rank 0
Aega
PostedJan 21, 2010 5:13 pm
thanks for the info ;3 was wondering what the specific job of a GS was so now that I have an idea of it.

kollam

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: How to become a GS.

What they are and what they do.
Luxai wrote:
What is a GS?

Game Sages (GS) are volunteers. Normal players like you or me who have been recognized for their contributions to the community. They help Game Masters (GM's) with many things, events, reporting bad behaviour, testing content etc.

On the forum, they are recognized in the ShoutBox by the green background on their name. In threads they will be recognized by a GS tag before their name. In the game they have a GS tag in their name. They also have access to a GS only part of the forums.

A list of every GS and GM in Shaiya can be found here.

What does a GS do?

They have, as role, to act as a good example and for the rest of the community being a sort of leader. More than that they have direct contact with the GameMasters acting as watchers as well. When a GS tells you to stop whatever you are doing the wise choice is to listen. If you feel unjustly treated you always have the option to file a ticket about it via www.aeriagames.com/contact.

They can also forward tickets for you, if it have been more than two days since you sended the ticket, and if you give them the ticket RT.

But regardless of what your problem is, DO NOT pester them! Remember they have much to do and a real life to tend to. Tell them your problem but remember to cut them some slack as well.

How to become a GS.

The most important thing to remember is that being a GS is not about being ingame or knowing the name of every boss or being a busting powerhouse. GS's role are to assist GM's and give answears to regular users. Where to post in the forums, how to file a ticket, what the rules are, where you can find information about promotions... Being able to asisst with things like this are the trademark of a good GS. For more information please refer to this.

Every month a thread in announcements under General Discussion board named "Why I think I would make a good GS" posted by Superman0X will appear. This thread tells you which server and faction they want GS's for. If your faction and server meets the requirements then follow all of the instructions provided and if you meet and fulfill every requirement then you have a chance at becoming a GameSage.

For more details on the life of a GameSage I recommend that you speak with one. Most of them won't mind simply talking about it, even if there are some things which they cannot tell you. Remember, GameSages are not gods. They will help you if they can.

Lastly, and I can't stress this enough, if you have any GM's on Meebo (the new instant messaging system on the forums) do NOT IM them! They have a lot to do and they will most likely ignore any GS applications sent via Meebo. For applications, problems, etc, ALWAYS use the ticket system.

Good luck applying.  

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJan 25, 2010 6:13 am

Re: How to become a GS.

What they are and what they do.
kollam wrote:
Luxai wrote:
What is a GS?
(and so forth...)  

No, that is not the way to apply, either, but if you read Luxai's guide carefully, it tells you how to do it properly. Once a month, the GMs will start a thread in the General Discussion section of the forums. The Januray application thread is now closed, but a study of it should give you a fair idea of what it takes to become a GS.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

linxis172

Rank 0
linxis172
PostedJan 26, 2010 7:01 pm
I loves it how The people talking about applying on this thread:
1st, Dont even have 50 posts Razz
2nd Cant read instructions.
3rd. Post here easily showing there lack of education in the game.

Its not a bad thing, practice make perfect.
Im sure youll get better and get it some day Smile

I myself go for GS Wink but not as nubish, though i love to brag about my pwnage Smile
GL To you appliers Wink

Your tempted to click. PM me if you want cool sig like mine.

Celestiar

Rank 0
Celestiar
PostedJan 27, 2010 12:20 pm
Aega wrote:
was wondering what the specific job of a GS was so now that I have an idea of it.  
I'm not exactly sure that Luxai did make this thread to explain what a GS is. More likely, it is just basic information that is supposed to help to those that want to apply.

If you want to have more in-depth player-made information on the role of GS's, among others, you may look here.

linxis172 wrote:
(...)but not as nubish, though i love to brag about my pwnage  
Nubish is a poorly written form of noobish, which comes from "noob". A "noob" is an offensive term used to point to a person that is unable to learn, all the while thinking highly of ones own skills on the matter at hand.

I believe the word you wished to use was "newbish" which comes from a "newb" meaning a player that lacks knowledge and skills due to being new in the game, but one that is in the process of learning.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedJan 27, 2010 1:34 pm
Celestiar wrote:
linxis172 wrote:
(...)but not as nubish, though i love to brag about my pwnage  
Nubish is a poorly written form of noobish, which comes from "noob". A "noob" is an offensive term used to point to a person that is unable to learn, all the while thinking highly of ones own skills on the matter at hand.

I believe the word you wished to use was "newbish" which comes from a "newb" meaning a player that lacks knowledge and skills due to being new in the game, but one that is in the process of learning.  
Noob and newb are pretty much used interchangeably. Noob started out as a misspelling (deliberate or otherwise) of newb and actually means exactly the same thing.
Like anything though, it depends on context whether it is offensive.
Some of my guildies kid around and call each other noob all the time. Nobody takes offence because it's meant as a joke.
I think Linxis172's reference can only really be taken as a joke and is therefore not offensive.

RIP Kizzd

Celestiar

Rank 0
Celestiar
PostedJan 27, 2010 2:06 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Noob and newb are pretty much used interchangeably. Noob started out as a misspelling (deliberate or otherwise) of newb and actually means exactly the same thing.  
Although I stand corrected on direct meaning after making some extra research on it, it proved to be only partial correction. Noob and its versions are indeed often offensive in nature.

Seeing that "noob", "n00b" (which for whatever reason seems to be a real English word by now) and other words derived directly from them may be seen as offenses (and there are those that look at the difference between "noob" and "newb" as indeed existing), I still believe that they should be separated, even if only to prevent confusion and possibly someone taking it negatively.

MerlinMcTav wrote:
I think Linxis172's reference can only really be taken as a joke and is therefore not offensive.  
Unfortunate, but as is proven by many people in gaming communities, common sense is not as common as its name would suggest.

Granted the above as well as previous part of my response, I am quite confident in at least a small group of people taking that response negatively, even though it was obviously not meant as such.

That being said, in proper environment, everything can be used without worrying about the other person being offended, so this argument is not exactly correct.