MADMadeline

Rank 1
MADMadeline
PostedDec 15, 2009 1:52 am   Last edited by MADMadeline on Jan 05, 2010 2:03 am. Edited 8 times in total

[Guide] Launcher Patch Failures

What to do if your Launcher fails.
I have noticed that many of you have had tech issues. I can help!

~Edit In~
I want to point out that I am using WinXP, if you have Vista or Win7 this will still work, but i recommend running as admin

• If you are having the "HTTP:Cannot Connect" Error, the LauncherMod.ini solution is the one you are looking for. It is the Third Solution shown

First off if the Launcher stops at a certain part and wont patch further try using the alternate launcher. "_Launcher.exe"

This is just a separate file that was added into the folder. It can sometimes work when the original Launcher does not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If this doesn't solve the issue, don't give up!
  • There is always the UPGradeClient_Full_Check.bat file. Lets run through this!
    First, locate the file... Here!

After you run that file, it will open a Command Prompt. Do Not try to type ANYTHING!

It will only run this for about two seconds, shortly after open up a Launcher in Full Scan mode saying "RebuildPackTryFixing..." for a short moment then begin scanning all GF folder files.

HTTP:Cannot Connect?
  • If you are experiencing a Timing Out or Failure to Connect you can try to re configure the launcher setting, this is Safe and can be easily Reset.

First look for a file "LauncherMod.ini" in the GF folder

It will open in Notepad, now you need to look about five sections down from the top and find "OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT ="

The values 5 and 60 can be changed in increments that equate with each other. For example a common use is 25 replacing the 5 and 300 replacing the 60

You can change these numbers to however high you need them. just be sure they are incremented.

Now, If none of these work, you can try the Manual Patch Thread ussually posted within the same day as the end of the update. There is a FULL guide on how to manual patch there.

/ Mod Edit /
Advertisement

spymoose

Rank 0
spymoose
PostedDec 15, 2009 1:58 am
I am SpyMoose, and I support this message. Thank you MadMadeline ^^

MADMadeline

Rank 1
MADMadeline
PostedDec 15, 2009 2:39 am   Last edited by MADMadeline on Mar 09, 2010 8:53 am. Edited 3 times in total

New Lesson

How To Ping (Aeria has Changed the Server IP)
Server IP: 174.142.117.164
Pinging can help to let you know if you can actually send and receive data to a certain IP.
In this case, you could learn if you are being blocked from an IP via firewall.

The first step to Ping, Get the Command Prompt! Follow a simple path of Start menu>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt.

After it opens you will see it something like this.

In order to Ping, you will need the Server IP so open up your GF folder and look for "Connect.ini"

It will open in Notepad and have the full server number, you only need the IP, so watch what you have carefully. I have highlighted what you need.
(Note- Aeria has since changed the server IP to 174.142.117.164)

Back to the Prompt, you cannot copy and paste, so remember that number or have it float in the background. Now enter the following. "ping 174.142.117.164" then enter, no fancy text.

Now sit back for a few secs and watch it PING PING PING PING. Four times it will send, lets hope you ace the test! You will get your results in seconds, with sent, received, and time taken in Ms milliseconds.

*Quoted from spymoose*Bytes = how many were sent, 92ms = how long it took to hit the gate, TTL = time to live packet, if you don't hit a hop in 54ms the packet dies*/quote*

Thats a ping.

A failed ping will look like so.

MADMadeline

Rank 1
MADMadeline
PostedDec 15, 2009 7:37 am   Last edited by MADMadeline on Mar 09, 2010 8:54 am. Edited 3 times in total

New Lesson

How To Tracert
Traceroute is a command which can show you the pathway of information it takes from your computer to a specified address/IP. It will list all the routers it passes through until it reaches its destination, or fails to and is discarded. It also tells you how long each router to router 'hop' takes.

Start by selecting Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. This will give you a window something like the one below.

Enter the word tracert, followed by a space, then the domain name or IP. In this case we are using GF's Server IP. 174.142.117.164

It should begin and will start to see the route it is going to travel along, how many hops it will make, followed by a BUNCH of numbers! The quote from spymoose below will explain all those pretty numbers.

Quoted from spymoose
The first number is the initial hop that your packet is traveling on. The second number (first ms record) is the packet hitting the Ethernet connection on the router/hub. The third number (second ms record) is the packet being sent back to your machine from the physical router/hub. The fourth number (third ms record) is the packet being sent from the outbound Ethernet port. The last number is the IP address of the router that just sent you packets back.

MADMadeline

Rank 1
MADMadeline
PostedDec 15, 2009 7:38 am
~reserved~

MADMadeline

Rank 1
MADMadeline
PostedDec 15, 2009 7:38 am
~reserved~

multivira

Rank 0
PostedDec 15, 2009 12:16 pm
looks to be a very helpful guide. I can paste in cmd prompt by just using right mouse click, then selecting paste Razz

Chirugai

Rank 4
Chirugai
PostedDec 15, 2009 4:52 pm
Bless you. I'm bookmarking this.

mngapro

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2009 4:18 am
you refer to that GF folder with all of those extra things in it like the "_launcher.exe" and stuff like that, but i dont think that i have all of those extra things in my folder, i opened it up and i cant see it. whats wrong and how can i fix this? thank you.

MADMadeline

Rank 1
MADMadeline
PostedJan 02, 2010 2:38 am
mngapro wrote:
you refer to that GF folder with all of those extra things in it like the "_launcher.exe" and stuff like that, but i dont think that i have all of those extra things in my folder, i opened it up and i cant see it. whats wrong and how can i fix this? thank you.  

A) What is your OS?
B) Did you DL from a Mirror site or directly from Aeria?
C) You are going to "C:\AeriaGames\GrandFantasia" correct?
D) Can you SS the folder you see and post it here please?

♥Maddy