necalt7

Rank 3
necalt7
PostedFeb 21, 2010 11:35 am
ironman24682 wrote:

Archers are the fastest when it comes to 1v1 fighting from what I've seen so far, the only thing that can rival them is a zerk that can 2 shot mobs with a godly axe.  

Wizards and Rangers are the fastest killers when it comes to grinding. Zerkers have to slowly walk up to mobs during bull charge downtime.

1. Wizard/Ranger
2. Necro
3. Zerker
4. Sin
5. Sage/Paladin/Cleric

wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Berserkers are one man armies.  

If anything, the "OneManArmy" title would go to Paladins, not zerkers... Zerkers die fast as Hard.
Advertisement

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedFeb 21, 2010 12:46 pm
Hahaha nice joke.

Look at a good zerker for once.

Faucheur - lvl 65 Berserker.

Shinstrike

Rank 2
Shinstrike
PostedFeb 21, 2010 12:55 pm
necalt7 wrote:
ironman24682 wrote:

Archers are the fastest when it comes to 1v1 fighting from what I've seen so far, the only thing that can rival them is a zerk that can 2 shot mobs with a godly axe.  

Wizards and Rangers are the fastest killers when it comes to grinding. Zerkers have to slowly walk up to mobs during bull charge downtime.

1. Wizard/Ranger
2. Necro
3. Zerker
4. Sin
5. Sage/Paladin/Cleric

wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Berserkers are one man armies.  

If anything, the "OneManArmy" title would go to Paladins, not zerkers... Zerkers die fast as ****.  

"OneManArmy" title goes to any smart player in PvE. Any class can easily take on multiple mobs . However, the best class for dungeon survival hands down is Paladin. They have their Perfect Defense/Showdown Barrier abilities which help them live alot longer than any other class. Unless those other classes are uberly strong, and by strong i mean can literaly kill a boss in 2 hits, they will die in mere moments.

necalt7

Rank 3
necalt7
PostedFeb 22, 2010 2:53 am
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Hahaha nice joke.

Look at a good zerker for once.  

You mean one that's wearing Paladin armor?

Haha, jk. I don't know if you still are but a couple weeks ago a a guidlie was talking about a zerker with insane def.

MuseX88

Rank 4
MuseX88
PostedFeb 23, 2010 6:10 am
I'd still say the best class for soloing is Paladin.

Any other classes will need help to deal with (sometimes) even mini map bosses and quest bosses. Where a paladin, doesnt.

If played right, any character can level fast, true, but none has the defense of a paladin.
Sure you might have the damage to take out a mob in 2 hits instead of 4, but you lose like 2-400 life a hit, where we only lose 50-100 + we got like 20k life, you got like... 14k or less maybe.. maybe more if you got vit items on.

Paladins can take normal monsters, sub-bosses/map bosses/quest bosses etc. with no problem. And they can face the Dungeon bosses alone and have a good chance of surviving for a long long time with no healer behind them (if played right).

Berserkers are excellent at normal monsters, sub-bosses and some map bosses/quest bosses but far from all. If they encounter a quest mob that uses high magic attacks, they're doomed cuz they dont have any healing skills. Zerkers can hardly even touch a dungeon boss of their level before they die (ofc there are bosses that are easy lol). So they can hardly be called a solo class.

Wizards have massive AoE attacks and can level fast, but they are also squishy, meaning they will die in like, less than a hit from a high level boss if they concentrated on mana and damage over life and defense (ofc lol)

$('#postSignature').hide();

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedFeb 23, 2010 8:48 am
Muse, Once again that's not true, zerkers can solo dungeon bosses as well and even magic bosses die if you know how to cancel their casts. It's simple really, once it starts casting, you use bull charge and it never gets to use magic.

ironman24682

Rank 1
ironman24682
PostedFeb 24, 2010 2:02 pm
MuseX88 wrote:
Any other classes will need help to deal with (sometimes) even mini map bosses and quest bosses. Where a paladin, doesnt.  

False, Rangers can stunlock map mini-bosses and if our ranged stun misses, just use knockout strike to stun them then weasel dodge to get some distance and continue to stunlock til they die.

Repliforce

Rank 0
Repliforce
PostedFeb 24, 2010 2:08 pm
I've played 3 jobs over Lv40-- those jobs being Paladin, Ranger, and Berserker. In my experiences, Paladin is a better solo-er than the 2 latter due to high defense, being able to heal, and just flatout survive longer. With Ranger, you're able to kill from far away before the mobs can touch you in most cases, but this isn't always 100% the case. Berserkers can take a hit better than Ranger, do AWESOME damage, but low mp and not being able to heal yourself means you're relying a lot on potions.

When it comes to survivability, I don't look at who can pwn, I look at who can survive, and in my opinion, Paladin is the best (of the three jobs I've played). I've heard Sage is pretty awesome compared to Cleric, but I wouldn't know from my own experiences.

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedFeb 24, 2010 2:17 pm
You shouldn't base your thoughts on a class on the lvl 40-50 range... Some classes get way better later on and zerker is one of them. At lvl 50, 58, 60, 65,66, 70 and 75, zerkers get insane boosts, even more so when pvp gears come out. Before lvl 50, zerkers are merely warriors with an added battlefury and charge.

EarthDragonDC

Rank 0
EarthDragonDC
PostedFeb 24, 2010 3:53 pm
I really think people worry too much about what to play and not enough about how to play. Really, every class has its weaknesses and strengths, so ultimately any 'best class' arguments are going to come down to the weaknesses you can live with and the ones you can't. To some, sacrificing HP and Def for more offensive abilities is an ideal trade off. Others would much rather have some armor plating instead of a big gun. It all comes down to what you'd rather be able to do, and what you don't mind putting up with.

I have no doubts that Zerkers are a fantastic class at lvl 50+, but how are they at soloing before then? You can't simply start the game with a level 50 Zerker, so it follows to reason that you are going to have to level up to that point. Now when asking whether a class is a good soloing class, it's important to factor in how good they are at the weaker levels as well as the stronger. No, you shouldn't base your opinion of the entire class off of one level range, but you shouldn't ignore those levels either: something that many people do. It's not like Pre 50 Zerkers don't exist. You don't jump from lvl 30 to lvl 50 upon changing.

With this in mind, I have to say that the Paladin class is an exceptional soloing class right from the start. I was able to (and actually did) solo all but a few boss mobs right after promoting at lvl 31. Also remember that when soloing, you've only got yourself to rely on out there. No healer is going to drop out of nowhere to save you, and we all know you can't spam pots. High def, plus healing, plus pulling ability makes the Paladin a very versatile and self reliant class right away, so that's my choice. Doesn't mean any other classes are bad or can't solo, but this class can solo without any trouble right away and never has to worry about any good Samaritans or friends/guildies being around to bail you out. They also aren't under any pressure to keep enemies at a distance or to kill them quickly: when all else fails, you can simply outlast your opponents (which is pretty much what you have to do with bosses).

Last point (and I'm sorry for this long post), this is an MMO. Really, soloing isn't the logic behind any of the classes. At some point, you are going to have to party up with people for something. You're going to have to work as a team with either friends or total strangers: and in that team your class will have a specific role. Really (and I could be wrong), I find it more productive and effective to focus on being the best at whatever your class does in a party than trying to solo everything. Soloing is a long, boring, tedious process (I know, I've soloed most of the game thus far).

Partying really helps lighten the load, and lets things move along faster. Instead of trying to solo in a game that is designed for co-op and party tactics, try to pick a class that has a role you like or are good at and work on developing your technique. If you're good enough at what you do, you won't have to look far for parties, so soloing becomes a moot point. Also, join a guild and ask your guildies if they'll help you with things. Nobody's going to eat you. You aren't going to get killed for asking people to help out. The worst thing anyone can do is say 'No'; which, in that case, all you have to do is ask someone else. With all the people in this game, you are bound to find at least one that either needs the same boss, or is willing to help you out.

Sorry for the long post, but those are my thoughts on the issue.