ramonzinbastos

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 1:48 pm

So yea, I'm Starting with OB..

Care to come give me tips? I'm looking for a clan too..
Hi there ^^
I'm coming from Ether Saga (am i allowed to say other game's name here?)
This game looks good, i can't wait to play =D
I liked Assasin and Beserker classes.. but my friend is gonna be Assassin, so i'll choose zerk.
Any more tips for a beginner? (i did to read the Begginer Guides)
There is always something like "Grind X mobs because they give more gold/exp", "Kill lower/same lvl/higher lvl mobs" "Save X item because u'll use it on a quest"

See you soon!

(Sorry, my english is really bad =/)
Advertisement

Persiangato

Rank 5.1
Persiangato
PostedDec 01, 2009 1:56 pm
Yea, don't worry about dropping names of other games or companies. Our forums aren't strict on that ^^;

As for Tips for Starting Out/Zergs

Make sure you pick a starting sprite you know you'll use! It's the only one you won't be able to get rid of. Sprites are basically the crafters in this game and starting out you can pick one that specializes in anything you want.

Zergs can use Swords, Hammers and Axes as main weapons. Hammers aren't suggested, they're much more suited towards Paladins and Clerics, so go Axe or Sword. Axe does higher damage, but is slower in physical strikes. Sword is weaker, but is faster in attacks. Mostly Zergs are about burst damage or skill driven damage, so Axe is the preferred weapon.

^^ A Warrior-Armor craft sprite or an Axe sprite would be best for ya.

Oh and one more thing about Zergs is that they can still use Guns and Bows unlike Paladins. The great thing about that - even if you don't use them - if you have one equipped it will add to your overall attack.

As for items, don't worry about things you need to keep for quests and things you need to sell. Items that only meant to be sold to merchants have a tag under them! There's even an auto-sale button for all of those items at any NPC.

ramonzinbastos

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:00 pm
Hummmm, Thanks for the tip, i really appreciate it =D
BUT, i really love swords =/
I read somewhere that at higher lvls to use dual swords is good? is it true?

Shurimpu

Rank 1
Shurimpu
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:13 pm
Persiangato wrote:
Oh and one more thing about Zergs is that they can still use Guns and Bows unlike Paladins. The great thing about that - even if you don't use them - if you have one equipped it will add to your overall attack.[/list]  

Oh snap, really? I had a bow on to lead off with a bit of extra damage when fighting, but if this is the case, a nice gun will be even more helpful. Sweet! ^_^ Thanks~

dude797

Rank 2
dude797
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:24 pm
Yes zerkers can dual wield. Once you turn 31, make sure you choose the right talent in order to duel wield. Don't remember the name off the top of my head, and also, you can't dual wield two swords with the same name if its a unique weapon.

This guide by gaw6 should also help:
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=628123

ramonzinbastos

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:42 pm
Hummm i see..
Well, how long you think it takes to reach lvl 30? Just wondering, because i didnt play CB, so idk if this game is hardgrind or no

dude797

Rank 2
dude797
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:53 pm
Even though I was using Xp boosters, I found the grind to be very light from 1~30.

My first toon made it all the way to 20 before I even noticed the free ap. And i got there in about 12 hours or so.

I recommend, for max xp gain and coin gain, doing all the quest.

Once you finish a region, move on to another. There are always 3 regions within your level range that will have quest for you.

The quill merchant sells book, each book gives you more quest and is also a good way to earn coin.

ramonzinbastos

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 3:14 pm
Humm thanks =D

kunfupanda

Rank 0
kunfupanda
PostedDec 02, 2009 6:58 am
hmm ye a question about the bow/gun for zerks, do they only add the stat bonus they have or do they also add their weapon attk power to ur attk as well cause I'm a bit confused about it