nick422

Rank 0
nick422
PostedDec 01, 2009 10:56 am

Ranger vs Assassin

In CB I reached lvl 31 right before it ended, but went Ranger. I've been reading and doesnt seem to be the most popular way to go. Could you guys with more insight on the situation give pros and cons for going either way? I've read that Ranger doesnt get that good of a ranged attk bonus to warrent going that way.

Thanks for reading and your input

/ Mod Edit / - Moved to Archer/Ranger/Assassin board.
Advertisement

MaxEvil

Rank 2
MaxEvil
PostedDec 01, 2009 11:38 am
True, i noticed that most people went assassin after reaching 31, although i saw plenty of rangers.

i reached lvl 37 ranger myself and can say that up to that point the only difference between assassin and ranger is the skills(spells) u get, u dot get any direct +% to range attack, most of the ranger skills are ranged, though you get 2 melee attacks which make plenty of damage plus one stuns, so u have to keep you distance from enemies more than assassin...
I also noticed that after lvl 37 there was change in gear, up to that point my sprite made ranger/assassin gear but after that the sets were only for assassin or ranger, i maybe wrong here now, but imo the ranger gear was more +agi and assassins +str... and this game is gear oriented, so im guessing, but i think that's were the biggest difference comes in Confused
but there are probably people who know that better x)

im thinking the most noticeable change comes after 40+

TinMarSR

Rank 0
TinMarSR
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:21 pm
I am sorry, maybe my comment wont be much of a help to you, but still.... I was a lvl36 assassin in CB and also had the same problem before I decided to go with assassin...

Here comes my comment....

There will be pros and cons to every class and there wont be a clas that doesnt have many people chosing it.... so the only thing for us to do, is to try and be the best of our class... make yourself the best gear you can and figure out the best combination of skills, that you have and you will reign.

well, thanks for reading my little motivational speech:D

Sal3

Rank 5
Sal3
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Ranger vs Assassin

nick422 wrote:
In CB I reached lvl 31 right before it ended, but went Ranger. I've been reading and doesnt seem to be the most popular way to go. Could you guys with more insight on the situation give pros and cons for going either way? I've read that Ranger doesnt get that good of a ranged attk bonus to warrent going that way.

Thanks for reading and your input  

Dont bother what people are saying about Ranger, you are playing this game for your own pleasure not for them. Just cuz ranger isnt "most popular" doesnt means that you picked wrong job.

Ranger is awesome ranged class with amazing damage, stuns and many other stuffs that makes him perfect in both... PvP and PvE.

For bosses and mobs, you can kill them easily and keep on distance abusing stun and finish them off before they even reach you. Ranger also have stealth mode and it can use melee attacks.

As i said, Ranger is more then amazing job. If you enjoyed playing it then id advice you to continue with it in OB :]

Sale

TinMarSR

Rank 0
TinMarSR
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:48 pm
I agree... it is all up to you and how you utilize what you have at your disposal.

If you would like to be a ranger, then be one.

mikklenguyen

Rank 0
mikklenguyen
PostedDec 02, 2009 3:53 pm
MaxEvil wrote:
True, i noticed that most people went assassin after reaching 31, although i saw plenty of rangers.

i reached lvl 37 ranger myself and can say that up to that point the only difference between assassin and ranger is the skills(spells) u get, u dot get any direct +% to range attack, most of the ranger skills are ranged, though you get 2 melee attacks which make plenty of damage plus one stuns, so u have to keep you distance from enemies more than assassin...
I also noticed that after lvl 37 there was change in gear, up to that point my sprite made ranger/assassin gear but after that the sets were only for assassin or ranger, i maybe wrong here now, but imo the ranger gear was more +agi and assassins +str... and this game is gear oriented, so im guessing, but i think that's were the biggest difference comes in Confused
but there are probably people who know that better x)

im thinking the most noticeable change comes after 40+  

thats does make sense and is somewhat irronic since IM HOPEING AGI is for evade/crit but I guess that means rangers later on will have tons of evade and crit