tedichan

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 7:45 am

Best start sprite for Warrior/Paladin

What would you say is the best sprite when starting a warrior (future paladin) and why

I personaly found the sword one better for the simple reason that I found the others all the time from mobs Razz , in CB I started with appeal sprite by lvl 15 I had found 3 other warrior appeal sprites , might just be me being unlucky but better safe then sorry
Advertisement

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
PostedDec 01, 2009 8:02 am
I did CB with the sword one also, and have been debating on whether I should keep with that or go with the apparel one.

It all depends on personal preference, really. I'm going to try again with the sword one at the start, and make a secondary guy with the armor one, so they can supplement one another with gears.

ibndjahd

Rank 0
ibndjahd
PostedDec 01, 2009 8:06 am

Re: Best start sprite for Warrior/Paladin

tedichan wrote:
What would you say is the best sprite when starting a warrior (future paladin) and why

I personaly found the sword one better for the simple reason that I found the others all the time from mobs Razz , in CB I started with appeal sprite by lvl 15 I had found 3 other warrior appeal sprites , might just be me being unlucky but better safe then sorry  

In my opinion shield sprite is harder to find than the others save for the ever elusive axe sprite. Warior gear sprites drop everywhere and were quite common in CB and a shield is a must for a tank. Weapons you can choose which one and if you don't like it you can just release your trained sprite in favor of your new killing toy. Hammers get a chance to stun and + magic attack, while swords swing faster and in general do more physical dps than a caster hammer. Realy depends on style and preference, but in my opinion pvp 2h hammer wins above all others for paladins at least.

Animarelics

Rank 0
Animarelics
PostedDec 01, 2009 9:00 am
I went shield and had issues getting an apparel Sprite. If you have the rep getting a 27+ shield Sprite is obtainable from an altar. so is getting a hammer sprite and sword sprite.

Biggest issue is people stiffing you on Trades for armor or trying to charge you a high amount of gold for an apparel sprite or to craft it. I paid 19 Gold which wasn't bad but I saw some that people coughed up 2 times more.

If you plan on Going shield make sure at least one guild member has a warrior apparel and is willing to make you the gear up until 40 at least. That or have fun farming for one.

ibndjahd

Rank 0
ibndjahd
PostedDec 01, 2009 9:18 am
Animarelics wrote:
I went shield and had issues getting an apparel Sprite. If you have the rep getting a 27+ shield Sprite is obtainable from an altar. so is getting a hammer sprite and sword sprite.

Biggest issue is people stiffing you on Trades for armor or trying to charge you a high amount of gold for an apparel sprite or to craft it. I paid 19 Gold which wasn't bad but I saw some that people coughed up 2 times more.

If you plan on Going shield make sure at least one guild member has a warrior apparel and is willing to make you the gear up until 40 at least. That or have fun farming for one.  

I initialy went gear but was realy stressed about getting my shield sprite as bought/quest shields leave much to be desired and I didn't get mine till early 20s, like 23 and I refused to instance with a silly green shield. But yeah I know what you mean I've very mixed feelings on the issue just gear sprites seemed to be the most common, but I forgot to take into account the 21+ gear sprites. As a tank good armor > shield

Kiarax

Rank 2
PostedDec 01, 2009 9:46 am
Level 21+ w-apparel sprites seemed to be the rarest in CB. Went sword before but this time I'll be going apparel. Worst (unlikely) case is I have to buy a sword and a shield every so often. I'd much prefer to do so than be stuck having to shell out for all 5 pieces of an orange armour set, although either way I don't think it'll be a problem in the long run. I care much less about slots in armour than weapons too, and this way it means I don't have to keep pumping out orange weapons hoping for some slots and instead I can just buy any ones with slots off the AH.

dude797

Rank 2
dude797
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:32 pm
Honestly, a paladin relies on his defenses. So having the latest armor in your arsenal gives you a huge advantage. I found shield and swords sprites quiet easily, but never found a 20+ armor sprite.

Also, the armor sprite is making 5 pieces of equipment you can wear at the same time.
A sword/axe sprite is only giving you one usable piece of gear at a time.
A shield sprite too only gives you one usable piece of gear at a time.

Just my thoughts. Have fun being a paladin.

Goongalah

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2009 1:21 pm
best combo for pally , main: armor making, 2nd: shielding crafting + relic making ( can be obtain at altar of highlands; 4000 fame in highlands*, cost: 25g, wit skill at 31 shield and 39 relic crafting), and 3rd: ur weapon-of-choice making sprite.

*train at belcar plateau, then move to plague forest to obtain ur lost power of highlands.

partyon123

Rank 0
PostedFeb 09, 2013 3:27 pm
Well I went Sheild main, 2nd Apperal and 3rd weapon of choice and it's fine so far Very Happy