Animarelics

Rank 0
Animarelics
PostedDec 01, 2009 3:56 am
Not all of the people who use charms will level fast and complain.
I'm a Gamer but a Father First I would rather level fast than play catch up with friends and Guildies who have more time on their hands.

You have to consider people who won't be able to invest the same time in OB that they did in CB. I Advocate the Charms for those of us : In college, Parents and Have careers.

The game is also what you make it. People who Rush to high level just to Ego Trip Deserve to be miserable as it is "Lonely At the Top". Rushing to the End Normally results in that and I doubt us Casuals will complain being a few levels higher.

Trust me it's much worse not being able to party with Friends on the same content than being able to go back and help them.
Advertisement

eres88

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 5:23 am
In my case, I honestly don't mind not having exp boost...during CB i got to 34 by using minimal of those exp boost (I probably used 10 or so...but this was because I was aiming to get to 30 before CB ends). I used most of my free ap buying clovers and those repair hammers (which I'm hoping wont be impossible to get even w/o ap)

Although...I kinda agree with Animarelics...not all people have the luxury of playing everyday so its also not so bad to have the occasional double experience.

What I DO hope is that this game wont be as ap-dependent like other games (i.e smt). There should be a balance.

adica

Rank 1
adica
PostedDec 01, 2009 5:47 am
I thinks the exp charm will be handy when we will unlock the mastr passive skill ( that one that need exp to get raise and the exp is detracted from your lvl-exp gain ) beside that i had found no real use for the exp charm during CB , even if i used it sure they'll let you level faster , but on the lvl i was 4x , i had ne real need for them . The leveling was easy , well easy ompared to tons of other games , and also sometimes enjoiable .
When will get cutted exp from master skill then prolly will be a real reason for expcharming .

Liddokun

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Liddokun
PostedDec 01, 2009 8:33 am
In my humble opinion, Grand Fantasia is best experienced if you do all the quest and level at a normal speed thru doing quest instead of hardcore grinding. Since if you do quest for all 3 faction (capital cities) you will level up at a decent pace and get 3x the rewards in terms of loot and money. Rush grinding is also a viable gameplay option for people who likes to rush to the maximum level as fast as possible and XP charms are good for that. I guess they are there for people who wants the fast levels. Personally for me I'll be taking my time doing all the quest I can possibly find and enjoy the game at a normal pace.

blackwolf33

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 8:59 am
I agree with most of the posts in here, I plan on just taking my time and enjoying the game. I don't mind the Exp boosters at times but mostly don't really care. Yes there will always be those players that want to grind out and then sit there and say "OO I AM MAX LVL PEOPLE FEAR ME" when most just laugh at them because of how much they missed by racing through it. But that is thier choice also. So just have fun either way you play and i hope GF will be around for a long time Very Happy

jinell

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 9:04 am
I actually look foward to buying charms >.>

I don't have much time to play this, and have no problem leveling with increased functions. I say, let those who wish to buy charms buy them, and others who do not well, don't buy?

TiffanyChow

Rank 3
PostedDec 01, 2009 10:37 am
This seems more like a suggestion thread, IMO. Also, i could understand disabling or limiting 2x events and such but exp charms a different story. Like in most Aeria MMORPG, exp incenses are one of the ways they make fast money. So i highly doubt they will take it off the item mall/cash shop. Also, reason we level'd so fast was because of the 2x event + nearly limitless amount of charms. It took most of us 100-200 charms to get to lvl 3x-4x? That's A LOT of charms there and if people are willing to spend that much money to buy them then let them. Also, it's not like they aren't trade-able. Even if you are a high AP spender, it will still take that person at least a month to reach max level. Even if he were to use charms every time he trains.

Tirrip

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:42 pm
Shinjula wrote:
Something else to consider is that it is possible that the xp rate was artificially increased overall for the entire duration of the CB. The point of the CB is to test and there's a certain logic to increasing the XP rate in order to have large numbers of characters at artificially high levels in order to be able to test the higher level content.  

This. If we didn't have those xp boosts in CB, almost nobody would have had an opportunity to test out the mid-to-high lvl content. Most closed betas have some sort of accelerated xp for this reason. That's also one of the reasons that the characters are all wiped at the end. We may still see a few events just to encourage people to play, but I don't expect anything on the order of what we saw in CB.

kickboyface

Rank 1
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
I'm neither for nor against them. It all depends on how you play the game.

I was able to experience all aspects of the lower levels while rushing to higher levels.
I did all the dungeons, I did almost all the quests.
I was always on the hunt for all the rare spawn monsters I could find.
I played with my sprite non stop.
I don't think there was really a single thing I missed by rushing to a high level.

The fact there are 3 character slots, makes it easy, to experience the game again once more content is released.

It's all how you game.

CronoxD

Rank 0
CronoxD
PostedDec 01, 2009 3:34 pm
I disagree with the topic. Grand Fantasia has a mixed community filled with fathers, mothers, busy students etc. A lot of gamers such as myself can only devote more than two hours of game play into GF on the weekends, due to previous real life engagements. Having Exp charms and events help us catch up to those who have more time on their hands. Regardless of if exp charms will be in the item mall or not, hardcore power levelers will still find a way to get to the next level in the shortest amount of time as possible. Maybe it will take them a little longer but they'll still be leagues ahead of everybody else.