bluehair

Rank 3
bluehair
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Concerning the availability of Exp charms/events

In short, Do Not Want.

Now I know people are going to be all "WTF why don't you want to level faster?!?!?!?", but the problem lies in the people who do level too fast. There is a lot to enjoy in this game early on and during the leveling stretches that people pass up and once you hit level cap, generally there isn't much to do but complain that there is nothing to do. So for this reason, I hope the staff sees this and considers waiting on releasing the Exp boosters. I know that open beta's generally do not have cash shops and that the cash shop is intended as a sign of full release but I am just throwing this out there for the staff to consider for the future.

Note: I am not opposed to an occasional 2x Exp happy hour nor using Exp boosters, but seeing how fast people leveled in CB made me think that we don't need such things early on.

Advertisement

djkhai

Rank 0
djkhai
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Concerning the availability of Exp charms/events

bluehair wrote:
In short, Do Not Want.

Now I know people are going to be all "WTF why don't you want to level faster?!?!?!?", but the problem lies in the people who do level too fast. There is a lot to enjoy in this game early on and during the leveling stretches that people pass up and once you hit level cap, generally there isn't much to do but complain that there is nothing to do. So for this reason, I hope the staff sees this and considers waiting on releasing the Exp boosters. I know that open beta's generally do not have cash shops and that the cash shop is intended as a sign of full release but I am just throwing this out there for the staff to consider for the future.

Note: I am not opposed to an occasional 2x Exp happy hour nor using Exp boosters, but seeing how fast people leveled in CB made me think that we don't need such things early on.  

I have to agree with this, myself not going to buy any AP at all ( replying rich IRLs to sell some ingame for ingame currency ), but once you reach at around 45+, i suggest you buy drop rate charms other than exp charms because repeatable quest EXP is just outstanding.

cenic5

Rank 5
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:57 pm
/SIGNED.

There was a frighteningly large proportion of the AP-buying player base at level 40 and above within a week of CB.
I guarantee you will see people hitting the level cap within a week after XP charms are released. Maybe even less.
(Crazies. o.o)
These players may or may not realize that they are killing the game for themselves by leveling faster than it updates, but either way they will eventually complain about it. You can save them AND yourselves some grief by holding off on those charms. <3

InfinityD

Rank 0
InfinityD
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:58 pm
While the exp boosters were nice, I didn't notice their existance until level 20. It took me around 6 hours to get to level 20 without the boosters, so I don't really think they're necessary.

Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:59 pm
I am foxie and I agree with all previous points made in this thread.

darkcosmo

Rank 1
darkcosmo
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:01 am
I rarley used EXP charms since most of my AP went twoards keeping my sprites alive and happy, but I was able to reach lvl 23 within 2 days of playing without EXP charms. I then used those charms to get up to lvl 24, which the CB then ended. So yeah, I may spend AP on some cool costumes that they put in (Mainly because some of the armor is just very blah) and then spend the rest on stuff for my sprite/drop charms.

I hope that they'll have a plentiful amount of 2x exp events or something.

Drivius

Rank 0
Drivius
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:03 am
Well, it depends on the amount of time you have, if you can only play sparingly then you wont ever get to level and need those boosts, if your an avid player then course you wont need bonuses cause your time playing compensates for that... so its more of an opinion thing again... Razz

darkcosmo

Rank 1
darkcosmo
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:06 am
Drivius wrote:
Well, it depends on the amount of time you have, if you can only play sparingly then you wont ever get to level and need those boosts, if your an avid player then course you wont need bonuses cause your time playing compensates for that... so its more of an opinion thing again... Razz  

I was a moderate player at best and still had an incredibly easy time leveling even before the 2x exp and 3x exp events started. So yeah, honestly you don't really need to get the charms since quests are your main income and exp givers later on in the game. But if you would like the extra boost then its your call.

wolfenboomer

Rank 1
wolfenboomer
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:09 am
/signed

Xp charms make solo grinding cake. I personally think people should get out and experence the game.

What are you laughing at? The joke's on you.

foreignreign

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 12:11 am
I was fine with the CB's exp rates since I was just endlessly grinding away at quests and not really paying attention to my level, especially since I don't get how that EXP bar at the bottom even works anyway (it certainly doesn't seem to show my total exp progression in one bar, anyway). I guess it helped that just one of the three main area's quests pretty much "leveled" with you, even without exp charms.

As long as it never takes more than a couple handfuls of quests to get me a level (including the exp gain from the monster killing for said quests), then I'm fine with whatever exp rate the normal actually turns out to be. Getting levels too fast mid-game is bad, I'd have to agree, since at that point it just feels like you're breezing through without experiencing too much content, but when the game starts to make you aware that you're doing a large amount of grinding to go from level to level, something's wrong.