Kazum81

Rank 0
Kazum81
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:34 am
LONG_TIME wrote:
As a Berserker, most of the time during boss fights I was using a minimum amount of skills. One every five seconds or so. If I were to go non stop I would have aggro and no mp.

: [  

mana shouldnt be the problem...

and as a melee u should be handling adds, as they spawn right in ur face..doing this will guarantee, that u wont get aggro of a decent tank

i kept my buffs up (%chance double attack/+%dmg;+%aspd)
used charge on cd (most bosses are stunnable with it)
and used my 3 main attack skills (forgot the names -.-)

never went oom, except mana draining bosses
Advertisement

LONG_TIME

Rank 2
LONG_TIME
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:42 am
Kazum81 wrote:
LONG_TIME wrote:
As a Berserker, most of the time during boss fights I was using a minimum amount of skills. One every five seconds or so. If I were to go non stop I would have aggro and no mp.

and as a melee u should be handling adds, as they spawn right in ur face..doing this will guarantee, that u wont get aggro of a decent tank

Adds are easy with aoe attacks, even the world boss ones dropped after a few. With 4-5 attack skills, my stun and my buffs I can easily burn through my 1400 or so mana. I probably need to have more in ob....

Kaiman78

Rank 0
Kaiman78
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:50 am
I couldn't do much DPS on my mage (Kamita) in a dungeon without getting aggro.

Even when holding back i sometimes got aggro just from critting once or twice in a row..
-
(4-5k crits ;_; @ lvl 28 with the finisher spell and 3-3,5k with regular charge-up skill and my normal hits with charge-up skills would go up to 2k)

It happened a few times that the tank in the pt would leave, telling me to watch aggro..

Sure... I'll just wait until the boss is DEAD! T_T

Don't know if that says anything about the tanks or me or just the whole "threat" system o_O

Kazum81

Rank 0
Kazum81
PostedDec 01, 2009 3:07 am
LONG_TIME wrote:
Kazum81 wrote:
LONG_TIME wrote:

Adds are easy with aoe attacks, even the world boss ones dropped after a few. With 4-5 attack skills, my stun and my buffs I can easily burn through my 1400 or so mana. I probably need to have more in ob....  

yeh, u could aoe them...sure..but then again theres the aggro problem...single targeting an add now and then, even running back to the healer will guarantee u to not get aggro

and i never had a prob with my 13xx mana...oom...just use 1 pot...fin and thats with spamming the skills i mentioned...maybe cause AoE cost more mana...

another reason to not go all "AoE-out" on bosses

edit: i even tanked the World Boss at Scorching Wind + some adds sometimes and even though he mana drains...a lot...i was able to use my skills frequently (50% of the time at least) just popping one high mana pot on cd

and guess why i had to tank it...i was AoEing the adds...even though i waited a good minute or 2 before engaging the actual boss...if u AoE the adds instead of single targeting, say every 2nd, no tank in Hard can keep aggro

and bosses tend to never loose aggro on u again...dunno why, but after i aggroed, i stopped attacking for a whole minute+ and tank wasnt able to get aggro back