lastdarkness

Rank 0
lastdarkness
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:46 pm
All I have to say is if theres a Sage in the group who is there for healing*he better not be dpsing while people die. Then say hes interchangebale.

In my experince I would not party with any of the Sages I played with in CB.
They ignored healing, and removing debuffs so they could go DPS. Then complained when they were booted from the Team.

BlackShuck LvL.5X Staff Cleric - Siropas
<a></a>
Advertisement

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:47 pm
Argenti wrote:
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Actually, gorilla attack power is almost compareable to the wolf form. It gets the battle fury berserker has while getting a skill it can spam to dps every 2 seconds. It also gets a self buff to boost its own attack damage and malice.  
:/
Ill still going to prefer justicars simply for their wider skill ability while tanking.
But what your saying isnt going along with what every other sage has said. o.o
So ill just take note and make a sage along with a wizard and necromancer in OB.  

What levels were the sages you took the info from? Cause gorilla form is gotten at 38 and you need to get the skills to a higher level to make them truly effective.

Also, most sages I've seen were charging all 5 charges of coup de grace before using, which is a huge waste of dps, but a way to save mana, which you don't need if you use magic guide.

Faucheur - lvl 65 Berserker.

Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:51 pm
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Argenti wrote:
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Actually, gorilla attack power is almost compareable to the wolf form. It gets the battle fury berserker has while getting a skill it can spam to dps every 2 seconds. It also gets a self buff to boost its own attack damage and malice.  
Ill still going to prefer justicars simply for their wider skill ability while tanking.
So ill just take note and make a sage along with a wizard and necromancer in OB.  

What levels were the sages you took the info from? Cause gorilla form is gotten at 38 and you need to get the skills to a higher level to make them truly effective.

Also, most sages I've seen were charging all 5 charges of coup de grace before using, which is a huge waste of dps, but a way to save mana, which you don't need if you use magic guide.  
I remember you saying that about it. xD
But the sages I group with mostly got their information from the Japanese version or something. xD
As for the other people who provided my information. o:
Just random people throughout this forum and various threads in it.
I didnt check their levels since last I checked none of them had it in their siggies. o.o

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Most sages in the CB weren't high level enough to have really tried the good skills, only a few of us were. You'll probably get what I'm saying if you imagine it a bit, a lvl 36 sage talking about sages without having used the gorilla form or Nature's Bounty doesn't mean much.

Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:56 pm
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Most sages in the CB weren't high level enough to have really tried the good skills, only a few of us were. You'll probably get what I'm saying if you imagine it a bit, a lvl 36 sage talking about sages without having used the gorilla form or Nature's Bounty doesn't mean much.  
I dont doubt you. xD
Its just since what they were all saying was consistent so I didnt doubt it.
I will keep my main as a wizard though since we have 2 sages already.

lastdarkness

Rank 0
lastdarkness
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:58 pm
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Argenti wrote:
wazzupkiller3 wrote:

Challenge Wazzupkiller3
As a friendly challenge Wazz make a video of a full group of Sages doing each diff form.
Normal - Healer
Bird - Range DPS
Gorilla - Tanking
Wolf - Melee DPS

I would love to see that.

BlackShuck LvL.5X Staff Cleric - Siropas
<a></a>

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:59 pm
Well as I've said before I'll be a ranger this time around, but I'll check in OB to see if there's some good ones.

EDIT: I've never been a fan of the bird form other than for the movement speed.

EDIT 2: Oh and btw, if you wanna really spam your combo well, keep your rending fangs and coup de grace at a low lvl for the low mana cost and use magic guide 2 or 3 if you can find it, this way you get constantly spam your x2-3 attack. You get less damage each time, but you get to do it forever.

Think of it this way, the most important part of the attack is the 75% chance for x2 damage and 50% chance for x3, which is why the extra damage is a luxury compared to spamming it all the time since you're already doing great dps with a 2h hammer.

Aveox

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 1:37 am
Since skill spamming takes a lot of mp and wolf form gives the best normal melee dps bonus (+15 crit +15 attack), in normal dungeon runs I can see how sages would have higher dps.

But what about necros? Don't their pet and the debuffs and wizard-like skills make them do the highest dps?

Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedDec 01, 2009 1:41 am
Aveox wrote:
Since skill spamming takes a lot of mp and wolf form gives the best normal melee dps bonus (+15 crit +15 attack), in normal dungeon runs I can see how sages would have higher dps.

But what about necros? Don't their pet and the debuffs and wizard-like skills make them do the highest dps?  
Their damage is nice and they are definitely annoying to kill with their skill fail debuff, and heals but after comparing, the wizard does more damage.
Its just that necromancers have better survivability.

LONG_TIME

Rank 2
LONG_TIME
PostedDec 01, 2009 2:20 am
As a Berserker, most of the time during boss fights I was using a minimum amount of skills. One every five seconds or so. If I were to go non stop I would have aggro and no mp.

: [