Kazum81

Rank 0
Kazum81
PostedNov 30, 2009 7:59 pm
Crevox wrote:

sage wolf form got a good dps too...

one sage outdpsed me when i did a dungeon (im assassin btw)
or its just maybe im really laggy that time that i cant spam my skills properly (so much delay)... oh well  

Sage is not the highest DPS... I can say that for sure.

Besides that, no can really say for sure what the highest DPS class is. We have no proper way of tracking damage done and converting into a readable form (DPS). Because of this, it is hard to tell. Just because someone takes aggro on a boss doesn't mean they're doing the top DPS... some classes may have passive malice modifiers while others may not, or they might be using weapons/armors that increase or decrease malice. Besides that, there are no stable testing environments where we can fight and analyze such things. Melee DPS might be getting stunned, by a PBAOE, while a caster in the back is constantly doing damage (and thus will pull aggro). Another example is if the player is just bad and isn't playing their class right... if a Berserker is just autoattacking and a wolf is spamming skills, just because the wolf took aggro doesn't mean that wolves do more DPS than berserkers. There's so many other things that could happen too.

We just don't know enough and don't have any stable testing enviroments to perform hard data collection.

Besides that, it's just too early to say. Things change greatly at higher levels, not only because of skills, but equipment as well. Some classes might get gear that is better suited for DPS later on, while others might not (for example, the sage level 40 set has no STR... wolf form would suffer during this gear time). Masteries come into play, level 61 skills, the FINAL jobs...

No one knows what the highest DPS is. We just don't know enough and we have no damage/dps data to compare.  

ure kinda right and wrong and provte it in ur own post...

the one taking aggro of a boss might not be the highest DPS...thats right
but i doubt theres hidden internal -%malice to certain classes...would be possible, but somehow i doubt it

u say sage isnt highest dps for sure, yet say, u cant know cause theres no tracking tool
sages set might have no str on it, but theres always blues to go with..u might miss on neat set bonuses, but get even higher stats.

i think there will be no big difference in DPS of DD classes in the end...
+ it depends on gear and the player (handling cooldowns on skills/buffs etc.)
Advertisement

Crevox

Rank 0
Crevox
PostedNov 30, 2009 8:03 pm   Last edited by Crevox on Nov 30, 2009 8:05 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Kazum81 wrote:

but i doubt theres hidden internal -%malice to certain classes...would be possible, but somehow i doubt it

u say sage isnt highest dps for sure, yet say, u cant know cause theres no tracking tool
sages set might have no str on it, but theres always blues to go with..u might miss on neat set bonuses, but get even higher stats.

Games do have internal malice % on certain classes... an example would be WoW. We just can't say if there is one or isn't here, and I'm just simply saying that we have no idea.

I guess I put it wrong when I said "SAGE IS NOT THE HIGHEST"... I just don't think it's the highest, based on my own personal experiences (I was a 46 sage in open beta). That's just my opinion.

And yeah, you pretty much said what I said in my post. We can't know the highest DPS because of gear, the skill of the player, and a lot of other things. There are too many variables. We don't have enough data to perform a statistical average on the DPS of a class in general, nor do we even have a proper tool to gather such data.

Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedNov 30, 2009 8:04 pm
Crevox wrote:
Argenti wrote:
lets find a paladin and use it as a punching bag. o3o  

PVP is even more unknown ground because of unstable DEF/MDEF...

Mobs usually scale in DEF and MDEF relatively equally in ratio. A paladin or something else might have 2000 def, and 2500 mdef or something, as an example. Besides that, who knows if there's player damage modifiers on pvp (which I'm pretty sure there is, because I've seen a wizard that crits for 12k on a mob crit for 1k on a player).

PVP is another world. A scary, unknown world that we dare not step into when talking about DPS collection. We can use the numbers we got from PVE to understand how much we're relatively going to hurt in PVP for the most part, but we kinda can't do it the other way around. Let DPS tests remain in PVE.  
shush you I was trying to get an excuse to nuke a pali. D:
Also I agree with that, I fired off nuked that do 2-3k damage on my mage which seemed to barely scratch my archer friend.
Who seemed to in turn took several combos to kill me.

Crevox

Rank 0
Crevox
PostedNov 30, 2009 8:06 pm
Argenti wrote:

Paladins get scary when they're hit. Neutral

Kazum81

Rank 0
Kazum81
PostedNov 30, 2009 8:10 pm
Crevox wrote:
Kazum81 wrote:

Games do have internal malice % on certain classes... an example would be WoW. We just can't say if there is one or isn't here, and I'm just simply saying that we have no idea.

I guess I put it wrong when I said "SAGE IS NOT THE HIGHEST"... I just don't think it's the highest, based on my own personal experiences (I was a 46 sage in open beta). That's just my opinion.

And yeah, you pretty much said what I said in my post. We can't know the highest DPS because of gear, the skill of the player, and a lot of other things. There are too many variables. We don't have enough data to perform a statistical average on the DPS of a class in general, nor do we even have a proper tool to gather such data.  

yeh we dont know...and to be honest...we wont ever know 100% sure...its just a wild guess...and having personal experience with 1 class just wont cut it

being a lvl46 zerk in CB i can say their DPS is fairly high
same with Assa/Sage (partied a lot with em for Dungeons/World Bosses) and yeh, Sage was blue only while in wolf form

Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedNov 30, 2009 8:15 pm
Crevox wrote:
Argenti wrote:

Paladins get scary when they're hit. Neutral  
thats why having an opportunity to use one as a punching bag while they cant fight back would be fun. :C

lastdarkness

Rank 0
lastdarkness
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:20 pm
fenix58 wrote:
sage wolf form got a good dps too...

one sage outdpsed me when i did a dungeon (im assassin btw)
or its just maybe im really laggy that time that i cant spam my skills properly (so much delay)... oh well  

SHouldnt he have been I dont know.....healing?

BlackShuck LvL.5X Staff Cleric - Siropas
<a></a>

wazzupkiller3

Rank 2
wazzupkiller3
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:22 pm
Sages can do anything, it's not the sage's job to only heal.

Faucheur - lvl 65 Berserker.

tasherana

Rank 2
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:24 pm
From what knowledge comes distilled from other versions zerkers are supposed to do quite a bit more than wizards.

GrandDreaming - GameSage: Domo » Aug 14, 2009 3:06 pm rana isnt a nice person | JonGhost - GameSage: Forum » Nov 21, 2009 1:51 am lol Rana is so mean

Kazum81

Rank 0
Kazum81
PostedNov 30, 2009 11:24 pm
wazzupkiller3 wrote:
Sages can do anything, it's not the sage's job to only heal.  

yeh...especially if u bring along a cleric and only 1 healer is needed...why slow down the progress?

p.s. hi apostle...hope to see u in OB again Wink
Ninia here