Argenti

Rank 1
Argenti
PostedDec 01, 2009 1:00 am
kuanyin7 wrote:
Argenti wrote:
apparently they wiped everything but character names.
o.o  

That means we can't use our old names? Or the name is going to be tied up to our account? O.o  
that means if they do what they did with the other version you get to keep your old names.
Advertisement

jaderabbit

Rank 1
jaderabbit
PostedDec 01, 2009 1:14 am
ibndjahd wrote:
KuroRoy wrote:
ibndjahd wrote:
Testerday as I was reminescing on my good times in GF and scouring th boards I found a quote by a GM that we will NOT be wiped for the OB to live progression. I will search for the quote  

Dude...if this is true...then it will be the FIRST time they didn't wipe after beta...  

I swear I'm not making this up saw it being said by a GM, I think I was reading the reviews blogs on what general public thought about it and what the plans were.  

They do not wipe OPEN beta but they do wipe CLOSED beta. We are progressing out of Closed beta so yes, the characters will be wiped.

When they go Live at some point in the future, they won't wipe the characters from Open beta. At least, i've never seen a game where they do a wipe of Open beta - Open beta is basically Live but with updates - once all the updates are done then its Live but sometimes that takes a while.

flaciddong

Rank 0
flaciddong
PostedDec 01, 2009 3:18 am
omg i hope it will be back up and running by the time i get up tomorrow, im so ready to play again and enjoy my sprites

d15c0d4v3

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 3:32 am
jaderabbit wrote:
ibndjahd wrote:
KuroRoy wrote:
ibndjahd wrote:
Testerday as I was reminescing on my good times in GF and scouring th boards I found a quote by a GM that we will NOT be wiped for the OB to live progression. I will search for the quote  

Dude...if this is true...then it will be the FIRST time they didn't wipe after beta...  

I swear I'm not making this up saw it being said by a GM, I think I was reading the reviews blogs on what general public thought about it and what the plans were.  

They do not wipe OPEN beta but they do wipe CLOSED beta. We are progressing out of Closed beta so yes, the characters will be wiped.

When they go Live at some point in the future, they won't wipe the characters from Open beta. At least, i've never seen a game where they do a wipe of Open beta - Open beta is basically Live but with updates - once all the updates are done then its Live but sometimes that takes a while.  

So it won't be updated when it's out of beta?

raydarkwolf

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 4:08 am
Lol. In open Beta, there are lots of updaes because the game is finally being played live. It will NOT be wiped since technically its already in its semi final stages.

The reason for the updates is when they are patching up bugs that still exist or new problems occur. =) Besides its also testing out a bigger population, if the servers can handle it no problem.

When everything is done, THAT TAKES A LONG WHILE, its when it'd be live. That'd be..I dunno a month or 2. Around that range I think. =D

Caerai

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 4:15 am
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=628459 <- You guys know about this topic right...see you tomorrow/.

flaciddong

Rank 0
flaciddong
PostedDec 01, 2009 6:43 am
well still no email dont they realize some peole are hooked on this game like crack , dont they want to server us. come on man i just need a hit from the jelly rabbits just once and ill be ok till ob starts

Jalygtra

Rank 0
Jalygtra
PostedDec 01, 2009 6:45 am
flaciddong wrote:
well still no email dont they realize some peole are hooked on this game like crack , dont they want to server us. come on man i just need a hit from the jelly rabbits just once and ill be ok till ob starts  

Join the club dude =P were like 300 people in the forum chat waiting for OB

Shinjula

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2009 6:57 am
Argenti wrote:
kuanyin7 wrote:
Argenti wrote:
o.o  

That means we can't use our old names? Or the name is going to be tied up to our account? O.o  
that means if they do what they did with the other version you get to keep your old names.  

Where did you get the information that we get to keep our old character names?

I'd dearly love this to be true. I always have problems getting my own name of Shinju (hence being Shinjula on Aeria. I managed to get it in closed beta for the first time ever in an mmo and I'd love to feel confident that I dont have to try and get into OB the moment it opens just to grab 'Shinju'

tsenjinn

Rank 0
tsenjinn
PostedDec 01, 2009 6:58 am
Shinjula wrote:
Argenti wrote:
kuanyin7 wrote:
Argenti wrote:
o.o  

Where did you get the information that we get to keep our old character names?

I'd dearly love this to be true. I always have problems getting my own name of Shinju (hence being Shinjula on Aeria. I managed to get it in closed beta for the first time ever in an mmo and I'd love to feel confident that I dont have to try and get into OB the moment it opens just to grab 'Shinju'  

Ack yeah that'd be pretty cool, it's been hard to get Reoki- though I really wanted Reo- but of course it was taken.
As long as I get Reo or Reoki I'm happy.