darkcosmo

Rank 1
darkcosmo
PostedNov 30, 2009 5:52 pm
I know you were just joking XD. So don't worry.

Also, great avatar Impactiko, the Shin Megami Tensei series is one of the best.
Advertisement

gelatinemonkey

Rank 2
gelatinemonkey
PostedNov 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Good quests, areas, not too much of a pain to level, enough players to get help when needed...

Only problem I had was when the graphics glitched once, and one of the quests said "northeast" and the NPC was southwest... lol.

~Thanks, Gwyllgi! [see profile for levels/pets]

Baqir

Rank 1
Baqir
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:19 pm   Last edited by Baqir on Nov 30, 2009 11:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total
This is an evaluation of both CB and GF in general so beware the huge post xP

I played the entire eleven days, from the moment the server was open until the moment it shut down (with brief periods for sleep, but shhhh) and overall I greatly enjoyed it. Especially since the only other Aeria game (or other MMO for that matter) I've played is Last Chaos, which I was on periodically for a few months at a time over the last year. When you compare the two, it makes GF look over 9,000 times better, and that's barely an exaggeration XD Not that this IS about comparing them, but it definitely affects my personal experience since everything I wanted in LC has already been implemented in GF, plus a lot more.

The gameplay is great. It's easy to move around (though the camera control is a bit iffy, I like that I can just tap my arrow keys to return it to behind my character) and use/combo skills efficiently. My computer lags a bit, and the connection lagged when there were a lot of people online but that's to be expected, and will be solved when there are more servers. A few text bugs were annoying, and having too many quests apparently limits your ability to take more quests (which was a problem for me because I tend to explore a lot, and take whatever quests are around even if I don't do them; I suppose I'll have to be more selective in OB instead of needing to go through and purge half my list every once in awhile XD) but they were easy to work around and nothing really limited my enjoyment of the game. Having the ability to filter world chat is a gigantic blessing, too xP I'm sure the text bugs will be fixed and that was the point of the beta, so I'm not really going to let it affect my score. Now, if they leave them in for months, it might be a different story Razz

The PvP arena was fantastic and I never had any problems there, except the one time we all randomly crashed after a game but that only happened once in 30 matches for me. I lagged when there were 8+ people fighting each other but that's a problem on my computer's end and I still managed to do some damage anyways. The quest/grind balance is great - I don't mind grinding, especially after it being pretty much the only thing to do in LC, so when I wanted to do it for a good repeatable quest, I had no problem with it.

The variety of places to go and explore and grind were great too. The fact that something good happens nearly every level (either you can get a new piece of armour, or a new skill/upgrade) helps to push you through any slow spots, with the overall rewards for getting to levels like 30 (for the major class change) and 40 (for permanent mounts) and beyond is really good too. I feel like it's worth it to stick around, without it being too easy to get such rewards. Also, the way it really rewards/encourages you to use a party is awesome - I've been playing with my two good friends from outside the game and we have an absolute blast together.

There's just so much to do for EVERY level rather than it all being geared toward the beginning or endgame, and the way that CB performed so well even without having all of the features of the complete game made it a really enjoyable experience for me. I can see myself playing this game for a long time, and that's not something I've ever done before.

TL;DR
I'm giving it 110/100 just for the sheer entertainment value. It doesn't mean there aren't things to fix, but it's absolutely going in the right direction, and I really appreciate everything the GMs have done to make it a smooth and happy experience for everyone. Good job guys!! Very Happy

darkcosmo

Rank 1
darkcosmo
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:26 pm
^
As Ronald Reagan said, Tear down this wall*of text! XD

Baqir

Rank 1
Baqir
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:28 pm
darkcosmo wrote:
^

Nuuuu! You can skip it all for the TL;DR at least :c

I'm just hoping a GM will see it. I want them to know they're appreciated for the work! 8D

darkcosmo

Rank 1
darkcosmo
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:31 pm
Baqir wrote:
darkcosmo wrote:
^

Nuuuu! You can skip it all for the TL;DR at least :c

I'm just hoping a GM will see it. I want them to know they're appreciated for the work! 8D  

Hehe, I actually bothered to read the entire thing. And now my eyes hurt...

But anyways, I bet a GM will walk in here and be like OMGAR GIANT WALLZ O' TXT!!!11 and then grab a sledge hammer and some dynamite and then BOOM!

._. I have no idea what i'm talking about...

But anyways, it was a decent review, but your rating fails.

ChiruPon

Rank 0
ChiruPon
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:31 pm
85% - B
Unfortunately, it doesn't make the grade. (just kidding)
I thought it was pretty good. It was my first closed beta for any game, so I can't really compare it to anything, but the overall experience was A-okay.

Baqir

Rank 1
Baqir
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:36 pm
Ah well. I was never good at fractions XP <3

ZinniaIce

Rank 2
ZinniaIce
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:39 pm
96 :3 considering thats pretty high. No game is perfect ;P

IGNS: Aura Kingdom > Nevetira (Siren Server) GF > Jinxy Domo> Onyx Server > Abarbarea (RIP! :( )

waffle07

Rank 0
waffle07
PostedNov 30, 2009 6:43 pm
I'll give it a 95!
Fun, easy to work with. I love how the quests keep you busy. Smile