_Sayonara_

Rank 0
_Sayonara_
PostedNov 29, 2009 10:14 pm
No sort of Mages for me I was never good at any of that micro management healing casting stuff. I tried Beserker, Pally, & Ranger out of the 3 Beserker was my fav.
Advertisement

tebbythetiger

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2009 10:22 pm

I picked assassin

I made an assassin, tebby if you saw me on there.. I only got to 32 but alot of death was delt.. i'll tell you that much! it was nice tanking newb bosses to help people out in the earlier zones Wink

scheherazade

Rank 1
scheherazade
PostedNov 29, 2009 10:49 pm
I went the Archer/Ranger path. I often play Archer-type classes in games of this sort, so I wanted to see what they were like here, especially since I was planning to be a Warrior once Open Beta started. I ended up really liking the ranged skills, and though I have some finesse with ranged attacks, it wasn't always enough to keep me safe (like 90% of my deaths were from either an enemy spawning right behind me out of visual range, or being aggroed by more than one enemy at a time). If I didn't kill or almost-kill an enemy by the time they got to me, my health would drop fairly quickly, so it was interesting to get a feel for those dynamics.

I'm still planning on going the Warrior route for OB, but having been an Archer before, I definitely know that they can be an awesome part of a two-person team. Support your local archers!

aeronix1

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2009 12:29 am
I picked acolyte because I like being able to randomly help people out with heals/etc and I wanted to see how it played out in groups and such. At lvl 30 I picked cleric over sage because I was more interested in soloing as a caster than as a melee. I wasn't sure at the time whether clerics would have good caster abilities but it turns out they do and I had a lot of fun. I only got to play lvl 40 for a couple hours but the new lvl 40 skills are very nice. At the end I was able to kill mobs my own lvl without them landing a hit on me. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try out the instant cast heal in an instance, but it was very useful for soloing PC bosses.

ibndjahd

Rank 0
ibndjahd
PostedNov 30, 2009 12:59 am
Paladin, I love to tank and be a support class, though in GF we're more tank than support. Completely loved it. Alts will be cleric and ranger to meet my support/damage needs.

Kousui

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2009 1:11 am
I went Zerker cuz I usually play with Monk type characters on other games, kinda disappointed GF didn't have a class that used their fists. Hopefully later patches/updates will answer my prayers, but Zerker was awesome. 2 hits on a mob 2 or 3 levels higher and they were dead, bows and guns were nice for long distance support damage, too. <3

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedNov 30, 2009 1:16 am
I chose Ranger , Which I got to lvl 32 , I love long range in this game much easy than domo and there isnt really a job I would have like (I want dancer !) so ranger is the next best for me Smile

darkginkan3

Rank 0
darkginkan3
Wahiawa, O'ahu (Sandwich Isles) United States
PostedNov 30, 2009 2:02 am
Necromancer; discovered it was just a knock-off of Warlock from World of Warcraft. D;

I liked it though, it was pretty cool to steal life from your pets and enemies Very Happy

Oh, you're asking WHY!
I was playing Tales of the Abyss sometime 6 months ago, when I saw the word Necromancer I was like "ZOMG!!"

I plan on being a Wizard come time for OB and up Surprised

OMG_Its_Him_O_o

Rank 0
OMG_Its_Him_O_o
PostedNov 30, 2009 3:04 am
I went with warrior/paladin, being a long time priest/healer in most games i decided to try a tanker. Went 1h axe and shield for tanking and was able to tank all the bosses on my list solo except for marduk. In PC i was able to solo all of them except rubis, but all in all i found paladin to be a very good class. Not bad of a solo class with being able to heal yourself with the two healing spells you get from paladin skills.

I also gave archer a try up until level 20, was a nice class but was a bit turned off not being able to duel wield 2 of the same orange name weapons, was there away around this or was it just not possible?

Second time my sig was removed, despite me making it smaller, so i will avoid a sig altogether to avoid signature profiling which i seem to be a victim of.

obscure55

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2009 3:18 am

class

i picked a paladin because i like to tank then i found out that they can heal aswell.