woofed

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2009 12:44 am

How to change your font (tutorial)

How to change your font (tutorial)
Can you hardly read the ingame font? Well same here, so im going to tell you how to change it.

First you need to locate "Font.ini"

this file should be located in

"C:\AeriaGames\GrandFantasia"

open Font.ini with wordpad or notepad

After you open it you will see this

Code:
[FontOption]
// r]w
// Ctέ^r
DefEnglishFont=Arial
DefEnglishFontSize=8
// CtΥDnr
DefMainFont=Arial
DefMainFontSize=8
// wwѦr
BubbleFont=Arial
BubbleFontSize=8
// ϰYܦr
HintFont=.\font\wt009.ttf
HintFontSize=18
// Wr
HIDFont=Arial
HIDFontSize=8

DefEnglishFont=Arial
DefEnglishFontSize=8

these are the only things you should need to touch.

You can swamp out Arial with another font, such as "Times New Roman"

DefEnglishFontSize=8

This is the main font size, i recommend not going any higher then 11 unless you want really big text. Mines at 10 and works perfectly.

Hope this helped someone!
Advertisement

Tirrip

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2009 3:08 am
My overstrained eyes thank you. I just wish the UI menus were resizeable. Changing the font size causes the text to overflow a bit in some places. It's still much better than trying to read that tiny text all the time though.

KTCAOP

Rank 5
KTCAOP
PostedNov 21, 2009 7:13 am
Locked for Review.

Usually changing even minor bits of code within your game files is not something that is looked highly upon.

GM_Amon

GameMaster: USA
GM_Amon
PostedNov 22, 2009 4:48 pm
This is allowed, but you cannot host altered game files for download. You must change them youself if you want it modified.

Topic Reviewed ;>

<BR> Play Grand Fantasia- the anime inspired free to play Adventure MMORPG!

PBC333

Rank 1
PBC333
PostedNov 23, 2009 6:46 pm
Thank you, that does help. Now is there any way to make the background behind the text box permanently dark or grey? In the desert area the orange text blends right into the background.

timtam5109

Rank 0
PostedNov 24, 2009 10:07 am
It looks like this is reversed when patches are released - could somebody perhaps speak with the developers to not automatically patch the font.ini file? It's pretty trivial, as the file's access to the game data is strictly limited to the font and/or size.

As for changing the background colour - I'm confident it can be done. However, I haven't done enough research into the game's files to figure out exactly how to do it (I'm certain it would involve editing one of the xml files in the ".\GrandFantasia\UI" folder though). If I figure it out soon, I'll make a new thread about it.

allamagoosa

Rank 0
allamagoosa
PostedNov 24, 2009 5:10 pm
Well I think this should be put into game settings with no need to change code everytime. To add a dark background for the text box is a common feature and I've seen also the possibility to change at least the chat font in several games.

Scent of a good player...

timtam5109

Rank 0
PostedNov 24, 2009 10:11 pm
I agree absolutely - of any game, even a closed beta, I have never heard so many complaints about the user interface before. I have also not subsequently felt so compelled to go messing with the UI manually, as there are usually options to, at the very least, change the colours (which fixes things in a lot of cases).

Hellcats666

Rank 0
Hellcats666
PostedNov 30, 2009 3:28 am
Many thanks my good man. I was having trouble reading once I had switched to 1024x860

Dezarai

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2009 5:01 am
Thanks for that info. Hopefully they will have enlarged the text for open beta. Shame they dont adopt the WoW idea of picking a background color that can be faded to desired depth in the chat box backgrounds. Perhaps they will look into that concept.