AVG 9.0 has a new feature "firewall " that might be causing the problem, but it also has a "Resident Shield" feature which might be blocking WT.
In the "Firewall" feature certain files need to be allowed for games to work correctly. When luanching a game for the first time you need to chose the "allow for all" and can also check the box "Save my answer as a permanent rule,and do not ask next time" for the firewall to be a problem when you want to play. In AVG 9.0 the Resident Shield, on some games, will allow game guard to launch but will than block the actual game from completing its launch.
The Firewall feature shouldn't block WT unless the first time you launched the game, since upgrading to AVG 9.0, you didn't click "allow for all" and checked off "Save my answer as a permanent rule,and do not ask next time" to all the firewall pop ups and clicked "allow for safe". If that is the case you need to change it.
So here is the fix for the Firewall Feature which is most likely the feature blocking you.
1. Open AVG
2. Go to "Tools"
3. Go to "Firewall settings"
4. Go to "Applications" Here you need to check for "Softnyx Game Launcher", nProtect GameGuard Launcher", nProtect Game Monitor Rev 1382, and WolfTeam. If you do not see all 4 of them here that is your problem and move to step 6 to fix it.
5. If you see all or some of them here look in the "Actions" column. If it doesn't say "Allow for all " click it than click edit. Go to the "Application Action" and change it to "Allow for all". Than click apply and "Back to list" till all three are set up correctly. WT should now work.
6. If 1 or all of the above mentioned files are missing click "Add" Now here you need to do this correctly or AVG will get confusing. If you make a mistake and need to go "Back to list" it won't let you it will say "path can not be empty etc.", just click ok then click "Delete this Rule", than "yes" and than "ok" and start over.
A. Find the line "path" at the end of that line click the blue box with the ... in it.
B. Now you need to find your WT folder go to your (C) drive and click that.
C. Now click your Aeria Games folder (this is where mine is if yours is not here look in your "Programs Files" folder.)
D. Click your WT folder
E. Click your Luncher.exe file, make sure your "Application Action" is set to "Allow for all", and click "Apply" than click "Back to the list"
F. Click "Add" click on the blue box again and you will be back in you WT folder
G. Here you need to go to the "File Of Type" line on the bottom of the window and change from "Applications and Programs" to "All Files"
H. Now look for Wolfteam.bin and click it, make sure your "Application Action" is set to "Allow for all", and click "Apply" than click "Back to the list". Do step G again and look for "GameGuard.des" click it, make sure your "Application Action" is set to "Allow for all", and click "Apply" than click "Back to the list".
I. Click "Add" click on the blue box again and you will be back in you WT folder
J. Click your Game Guard folder it will appear as if it is empty go to the "Files of Type" line and change it to "All files".
K. Now find "GameMon.des" file and click it. make sure your "Application Action" is set to "Allow for all", and click "Apply" than click "Back to the list" click ok and you should have all the files you need to play.
Now launch WT and have fun
So here is the fix for Resident Shield. If you did all of the above and WT still will not start (hangs) go to your task manager and find avgrsx.exe if it is using alot of the cpu then that is your problem. One quick way to find out is to click avgrsx.exe, than click "end the process", and if WT starts right up after that then in fact it is the "Resident Shield" causing the issues. (If you do disable the avgrsx.exe in the task manager i would suggest a reboot to make sure all the AVG feature are working properly.
1. Go the the overveiw screen of the AVG program.
2. Double click the "Resident Shield"
3. Click the "Manage Exceptions" tab on the bottom left of that page.
4. Click "Resident Shield Directory Excludes"
5. Click "Add Path"
6. Manually add the following path:
7. Click apply and ok.
You can now play WT and use AVG 9.0 antivirus without having to shut any features off hope this helps.