vs2oo

Rank 0
PostedNov 05, 2009 12:42 pm

2 update last ... problem

i game update ( 2 update last ) ..... Antivirus file game.exe get virus and delete .... Plz help

i use antivirus Norton 2010 update
Advertisement

electusunum

Rank 0
electusunum
PostedNov 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: 2 update last ... problem

vs2oo wrote:
i game update ( 2 update last ) ..... Antivirus file game.exe get virus and delete .... Plz help

i use antivirus Norton 2010 update  

Antivirus Norton 2010 is a horrible program to use 1.
2. I'm confused here. Are you saying when you do the updates for shaiya a error pops up from Nortan??

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedNov 05, 2009 3:36 pm
mmm i'm using norton and don't get issues (btw, if you can use it, it's excellent anti-virus software Wink )

vs200, try to make a screenshot of that problem (and post it) or try to be detailed.

(i suggest to use a translater on internet cos english is not most used in iran o.o )

signature of xybolt

ShadowDragonXXI

Rank 3
ShadowDragonXXI
PostedNov 05, 2009 7:26 pm
xybolt wrote:
btw, if you can use it, it's excellent anti-virus software Wink  

1: Norton was good back in the 90's. These days there are just too many false-positives and target programs that attack or impersonate Norton systems for me to recommend it to anybody. Not only that you can get an Antivirus system that's just as good or better for absolutely nothing. All it takes is maybe an hour surfing the web boning up on legitimate AV systems.

2: From what I understand from the OP you're having issues with your game.exe being recognized by Norton as a virus alert, and thus it kills it instead of allowing Shaiya to run properly. My recommendation is to add Shaiya as an exception in your Norton system and hope that it allows it to run. With the removal of GG we shouldn't see many more compatibility issues between Norton and Shaiya aside from simple errors like these.

If you can't run after updating your Norton Safes list then go back and download a new copy of Shaiya (I recommend Gamershell.com mirror).

vs2oo

Rank 0
PostedNov 06, 2009 12:31 am
i game update and scan ( No virus ) but i run Start Game ( SONAR ) Norton 2010 up and delete file game.exe ( file in quarantined ) .....

ShadowDragonXXI

Rank 3
ShadowDragonXXI
PostedNov 06, 2009 9:26 am
Okay, do not delete Game.exe. It is not a virus and does not need to be deleted. Shaiya and all of its files are 100% safe and virus free. Norton is just being its usual self and pulling up Game.exe as a false positive.

Go into your Norton settings and add Shaiya as a safe program and it should stop giving you the error message. If it still pulls up game.exe as a false positive then shut down Norton and try again. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ANTIVIRUS DOWN!! Doing so leaves you open for attack by rouge programs that can cause problems in your system. If shutting down Norton fixes the issue, then go into your Help Menu for instructions on how to Safe List your programs or download new Antivirus software.

vs2oo

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2009 1:51 am
Thx Help ...

M00NGAZER

Rank 0
M00NGAZER
PostedNov 14, 2012 9:55 am
Hi there

Same happens to me and I'm using Eset Smart Security. I start the launcher and when he initiates the update download I get an alert for a variation of a worm being downloaded.

Any thoughts?

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedNov 14, 2012 4:45 pm
If you downloaded from official site it is safe, set an exception in your antivirus.

Sighborg88

Aeria: Product Manager
Sighborg88
PostedNov 14, 2012 4:58 pm
Recently we have had several patches to a .exe file in the client that may cause anti viruses to flag it and prevent the game from patching. So long as you got your install file from an official source then you don't need to worry about it. Anti viruses, for many legitimate reasons, consider prompting the download of a .exe unsafe and will often warn you about it or block it by default.

"Does anyone have a soldering gun I can borrow? I'd like to use it to attach a soldering gun to myself."