Shaiya Mafia is now over! Congratulations to the Merchants! =D
Feel free to review the Mafia Spreadsheet that I have been working with =)
Shaiya Mafia External Forums!
From the Diaries of a Merchant's daughter.
Day number 57, in the year of EP 4
I decided to start writing in a new diary, because of all the weird stuff that has been going on. Because I am writing in a new diary, I thought it would be appropriate just to say something about myself and I lose this diary (though to the person that finds this... HOW DARE YOU LOOK INTO MY DIARY X(. I *DEMAND* That you read this, and return this to me IMMEDIATELY X(). I am Sonya, the daughter of a merchant in Apulune, not to be confused with that other Sonya that you can find in Aelbeageu. Anyways, the reason why I wanted to write all this stuffs is because of what happened today. We had heard that one of our close friends who had set up a shop in Apulune was badly hurt by one of those evil Furies from the other side of the portal. I don't know how a vail or a Deatheater was able to get past all of our guards, however, daddy says that we need to be more careful. I am a fairly accomplished archer by now, I think I can take care of myself, I think daddy worries too much. However, I have heard rumors from some of my friends that there may be more Furies out there, assassins who are able to take the appearance of others like us here that worship the Goddess of Darkness. I pray to the Goddess of Light that everyone will be safe, because with these rumors going around, people are a lot more on edge. I'm glad that we had our priest on hand to heal Billie and already our Defenders are out there looking for the person that did this. I only hope that we can catch these assassins before they destroy the town and the economy that we have set up here. Anyways, it's getting to be night time and I am tired so I am going to go to sleep now. I'll write more later!
Welcome to Shaiya Mafia!
This is an adaptation of Mafia
that carries the Shaiya theme. Similar to the card game you might have been playing there will be basically two groups of people, the mobsters, and the townies. However, in this version, all of the roles have been adapted to fit into a Shaiya theme =).
Here are the roles you can play.
Assassin - 8 members (1 ranger, 7 regular assassins)
Baleful 6 - 1 member
Priest - 1 member
Defender - 2 members
Merchants - 14 members
For a total of 26 players.
Here is a brief description of each of the roles that are active during the night.
- These are vail that have disguised themselves as friends of the merchants in Apulune. While they are disguised, though if anyone were to take a really close look at them, or tries to poke them with a sticky, then their disguise would easily fall. However, rumor has it that the reason these fails were able to get through the portal was because of a fallen Ranger. It is rumored that this ranger is in fact the leader of this assassin death corps and if the defenders try to investigate the ranger, the ranger will appear to be just like a regular townie. Furthermore, because of the ranger's knowledge of Apulune, the ranger is not able to be killed during the night phase of the game.
Baleful 6 member
- This member holds no alliance to anyone, neither to the Goddess of Darkness nor the Goddess of Light. Having lived in Apulune for a long time, however, this Baleful 6 member has been able to slowly gain acceptance into the Apulune society. However, the time for the glory of the Baleful 6 has come. The Baleful 6 member is able to kill off one person during each night phase.
- A messenger of the Goddess of Light. With many skills from the basic heal, to healing fall, to quick heal, to even a revival spell (though we all know how long it takes for that revival spell to be cast) and dispel, the priest is anyone's friend. The Priest is able to protect one person each night. If the Priest comes to the doorstep of the Baleful 6 member, s/he will be able to cast a spell that will rid the Baleful 6 member of all of their hate thus turning the Baleful 6 member into a regular merchant.
- These are stalwart heroes that have roamed the land for many years. They have seen many wars and have fought many battles. Defenders have to choose among themselves who to investigate each night. Whoever the defenders investigate, the role of that person will be revealed to them. The defenders are free to reveal this information once that have received it, but doing so may reveal that they are in fact defenders and would make them a target for the assassins.
All of the above roles and actions can only take place during the Night Phase
Day Phase! - The Town Vote
During each day phase, all of the inhabitants of Apulune (including the assassins) will come together in the Apulune Square (which really is a circle... but whatever), and can cast a vote to see who they think are the assassins. Whoever the assassins are will then be cast into a portal where a Santa Troll has been spawned to deal with them. If there is a draw, there will be an extension for voting, though if there is a second draw at the new deadline, no one will be voted out. After the vote has been cast, the role of who was voted out will be revealed. Votes will be made by posting in the forum thread and votes can be changed all the way up until the deadline. After the voting round is over, the night phase will begin again and the night roles will make their next decisions.
The assassins will win if they manage to kill everyone off. The Baleful 6 member wins if s/he is the last person alive, and the merchants win if they are able to get rid of all of the assassins and either kill or cure the Baleful 6 member.
Everyone is allowed to post in this thread who they think is mafia or try to make themselves less suspicious (if you are a mafia member!). You may not relay messages or any part of a message sent by the game moderators. Doing so will result in you being instantly struck down by the moderator's wrath. When you are dead, you are no longer a part of the game and you are not allowed to discuss the game with anyone that is still playing or otherwise.
Sign ups are currently CLOSED
. To sign up, you *must* send me a private message saying that you want to participate in Mafia and you *must* be able to receive a private message from me. To turn your private messages on, please review the following - How to turn on Forum Private Messages
Roles will be randomly assigned when you sign up. I have an excel sheet randomizer that I will use to assign people their roles. All players (including GameMasters) may play
with one exception. I am not allowed to participate in my own event
. Enjoy the game everyone! =)
Game Over! The Merchants have won!
- mystyxiii - Merchant - Killed by Baleful6 Member
- prettygirl_2008 - Assassin - Killed by Mod Vote
- Vafrous - Cured Baleful6 - Killed by Assassination
- Avyn - Merchant - Killed by town vote
- Sowaroc - Defender - Winner!
- Terrafighter - Merchant - Winner!
- old.morroc - Merchant - Winner!
- Zekiirah - Merchant - Winner!
- kmhasan - Assassin - Killed by Town Vote
- anneefischer - Merchant - Winner!
- sweetstuff4ever - Defender - Killed by Assassination
- billdoor - Priest - Winner!
- TRUSTORIES - Assassin - Killed by Baleful 6 Member
- pask81 - Merchant - Killed by Assassination
- boomie93 - Merchant - Winner!
- MerlinMcTav - Merchant - Winner!
- taco87 - Assassin - Killed by Town Vote
- xybolt - Ranger - Killed by Town Vote
- RittzBitz - Assassin - Killed by Town Vote
- Unbidden - Merchant - Killed by Baleful6 Member
- avariellefaye - Assassin - Killed by Baleful6 Member
- Takeo27 - Merchant - Killed by Assassination
- LedZepMan92 - Merchant - Killed by Assassination
- fredovdb - Assassin - Killed by Town Vote
- blazin213 - Merchant - Winner!
- f3u3rw3hrm4nn - Merchant - Winner!
Thank you ALL for letting me test out this beta! =D. I have opened up both the Mafia Forums and the Mafia Spreadsheet and would love to hear what you guys have to say about it all =). Any questions, comments, or thoughts for how I could improve upon this game will be greatly appreciated =).
It's been a lot of fun, and yes, there will be another Mafia planned =).
Thank you all for playing this game! I hope this has been as fun for you as it has been fun for me to write up all these phases =P.
~†~ Mod Note - Please note that I, KTCAOP, have no grudge what so ever against the vail, deatheaters, humans, or elves. I love you all equally <3. I took this story after hearing about the incident that occurred earlier on today. If you have any information about what happened, please contact your local GameSage and send in a Game Support Ticket in today. Thank you
Comments are welcome. Remember, please wait until the signup time to send me a message. Any message saying that you are signing up BEFORE the sign up time will not lead you to being signed up. Thank you and enjoy Shaiya Mafia! =D