Fremlong

Rank 0
Fremlong
PostedDec 14, 2009 9:07 pm

updater not working

Fixed it
Hey hey hey, tried everything and it didn't work. Even tried turning off antivirus and firewall and no go. Then tried in windows "safe mode" and voilla it worked... Must be something on my computer that is stopping or slowing the updater. don't know wat it is but at least I can play until the next update comes out.. lol..
Advertisement

Tebll

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2010 1:52 pm
What if this doesn't work? :/

VikingNoob

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2010 5:24 am

Re: updater not working

Fixed it
Fremlong wrote:
Hey hey hey, tried everything and it didn't work. Even tried turning off antivirus and firewall and no go. Then tried in windows "safe mode" and voilla it worked... Must be something on my computer that is stopping or slowing the updater. don't know wat it is but at least I can play until the next update comes out.. lol..  

thanks mate, i tried updating this way and it worked Smile

limi

Rank 0
limi
PostedApr 23, 2010 7:50 am

ZOMG TY!! :D

oh my gaaaaaaawd
i love you morroc and vafrous!! Very Happy
it worked !!!!
rawr, i´m so **** happy now xD

was searching things that could eventually help but all of it didn´t work

this was easy and fast!
*thumbs up* go on!

dinwitty

Rank 0
PostedJul 05, 2010 7:44 pm
download failed cannot read the file c25

switched hosts file, hfs active pointed to real folder, not in safe mode... did try safe mode before

patched DLed.

copied patch files to several locations...nada

dinwitty

Rank 0
PostedJul 06, 2010 8:41 pm
ok, my bad, learning process, the HFS server I had set to the wrong folder.

worked now, DUH! zip zap it updated, I just reran the downloader, all files checked fine already downloaded, opened the HFS server, then set the folder to the SHAIYA folder, I had it set to the PATCH folder, wonder why the browser view showed no files....DUH!

I had set the HFS server to the 127.0.0.1, NOOOOO dont do that, let it auto-setup.

once the hosts file was replaced ran the updater...kaboom, off it went, but I had tried the 127.0.0.1 on the HFS server and it seemed to update, tried the updater online with original hosts file, ,,,uhhh, its downloading the patch file again,,,huh?!?! thats 12 hours again....WAAAAAAIT!!! Thats when I let it redownload on the downloader, let the HFS auto-open, and set the folder CORRECTLY.

The other issue I had to DL the newest WinZIP, the zip file for the downloader wouldnt work on my old version, apparently some new zipping tech is going on, it was balking on some of the extracting of some files, looks like I need to grab the newest Winrar.

Blam. on..

cya ingame.

shestar

Rank 0
shestar
PostedApr 01, 2011 7:48 am
that would be great if I understood any of that so I could try it....

dinwitty

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2011 8:18 am
The downloader comes with instructions, pay attention to it.

elvron182

Rank 0
PostedSep 11, 2011 6:30 am
Morroc I love ya!! Very Happy It worked perfectly!! Keep up the awesome job!! ^_^

elvron182

Rank 0
PostedSep 13, 2011 7:46 am
Q_Q I tried to do it on another Computer and when I open the file Updater.exe to make it patch after I linked the Shaiya folder to the HFS 2.2f programm, I still get the current error: "Cannot read the file c.25" under the download bar.. What can I do? Sad