soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedOct 23, 2009 8:53 am

Possible Glitch/Issue with Auction House

Auctions not ending when timer reaches 0?
Was trying to purchase one of the new sky city weapons, and was outbidded on multiple bids. So I decided to wait until the end of the auction and place a final bid. With 1 minute left, I placed a bid and watched the timer count down from 1m to 0m to 0 (which I assumed meant the Auction was over).

However, I was unable to collect my item after this point in time. Had a guildie test what I thought to be happening by placing another bid perhaps 10 minutes after the "end" of the auction, and sure enough his bid went through, giving me the Failed Bid message. Even now, 1 hour after the end of the auction, bids continue to go through on this item.

Just something to be aware of.

edit: approximately 65 minutes after the timer reached zero, the auction actually ended, with my bid at 60 minutes after the end of the auction being enough to win the item
Advertisement

alansgirl

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
alansgirl
PostedOct 23, 2009 9:15 am
it could be due to this ty for reporting it maybe its making up for time

GMVectorM wrote:
Patch notes:

Known issues:

When you set up an auction and choose a time length, the timer may appear one unit lower than what you selected. This is because the timer moves to the next visible unit immediately as the countdown begins. The auction will still last the intended duration correctly.

Ex) You select 7 Hours for the length of the auction. The timer immediately changes to 6 Hours. This is because itís counting down from 6 Hours and 59 Minutes; the 59 Minutes arenít visible. However, theyíll still count for the auction.

Unbidden

Rank 5
Unbidden
PostedOct 23, 2009 11:27 am
This happened to me Sad

Went to 0 stayed there for like 5mins then someone else bid and i lost the item Sad

sfossil

Rank 4
sfossil
PostedOct 23, 2009 11:39 am   Last edited by sfossil on Oct 24, 2009 3:50 pm. Edited 2 times in total
deleted

d4rkintruder

Rank 4
d4rkintruder
PostedOct 23, 2009 11:47 am
It 'stole' 48 mil from me.
I canceled the auctions it cost me 48m to get 3 items back, thats a bit extreme imo, i know u got to pay some fee, but 48m? o.O come on..

soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedOct 23, 2009 12:13 pm
This topic is really only meant to inform people of a potential issue with auction countdowns. Please try to avoid excessive QQ or ranting, as I'd prefer not to see it get moved or locked.

Unbidden

Rank 5
Unbidden
PostedOct 23, 2009 12:20 pm
d4rkintruder wrote:
It 'stole' 48 mil from me.
I canceled the auctions it cost me 48m to get 3 items back, thats a bit extreme imo, i know u got to pay some fee, but 48m? o.O come on..  
Personally i think people should pay a hefty fine if they cancel auctions in the latter stages. This will make people more careful of cancelling auction's because they did not get the price they want in the last minute.

d4rk4ever

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2011 12:05 am

auction house

need help
my account is a lvl 22 mage in normal mode, i went to the auction house and sold some stuff.
but cant buy anything eacuse nothing shows in the screen, i've done what every one has told me to do but no matter if i search the item or how i put it, it wont show me the item.
i really need help hope u help me.
d4rk4evil.

aceouses

Rank 1
aceouses
PostedJan 16, 2011 12:42 am
The item names are case sensitive. A Legendary Python Protector is not a legendary python protector.

/necro'd

Code_Geass

Rank 0
Code_Geass
PostedJan 17, 2011 8:33 am
I also believe that I've read somewhere that when you bid on an auction well less then an hour left or so, time is automatically added onto the auction (maybe 20 minutes or so). Not quite sure where I saw that, maybe I'll look it up when I'm not lazy (basically means I wont... I would be a terrible GS lol..)

<a>Photobucket</a>