gen.arean

Rank 0
PostedApr 17, 2012 9:01 pm
my 2 cent: To kill the Gold black market is to make the price AP lower than the price of gold being sold outside the game. I guess many are tempted to guy gold coz its far cheaper than AP. Lower price of AP will give the gold buyers the best choice and will result to more players and more sales for AGE, as lower price = higher volume.
Advertisement

AleksandrMor

Rank 0
AleksandrMor
PostedApr 21, 2012 2:05 am
vexed question

jdk1981

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2012 4:09 am

real reason
The real reason F2P games are against gold buying and selling is it takes money out of their pockets.
Can't buy gold? your stuck with Buying AP and it's overpriced ap at that .
Why do you think its so hard to lvl up but yet they will sell exp items all day.

Also bag space i mean come on its like $50 to obtain 4 15 slot bags.
Costumes that add stats mounts.
All perks that people get from AP items.
People who buy ap items to sell for gold in game ruin the economy just as bad as any gold seller.
pre lvl 50 its not even possible to get enough gold to buy bags or ever armor your lvl.
LVL 43 sets cost 500-800 gold a 5 slot bag 300 gold 15 slot bags 1800 gold.
I am not even sure how people have the money to aford anything i havent seen more then 7 gold off a vendor item and quest are like 1 gold each.

While the GMS have some valid points about players being hacked yes thats a major down side and takes alot of time from the GMs gold buying and selling takes money out of people who might have bought AP .
I mean i love this game but its **** near unplayable imo without bag space 1st of all. and 2nd all the good gear in game cost tons of money because its controlled by the max lvl players or ap buyers.

I would rather spend 15 a month on this game and not have to buy AP for bags and armor.
Open up the crafting system open up the exp for soloing make more affordable bags and bank space and i would have no issues.
Game is designed to force you to buy AP . I dont support gold buying or selling but AP buying is just as bad its just the money goes into the hands of the pubs and devs.
AP needs to be lower in price to make it more affordable for players to obtain items that are needed to progress through the game.

Superman0X

Game Master
Superman0X
PostedApr 26, 2012 7:34 am
Of course.

If gold sellers didn't cause a public nuisance (spam), hack people accounts, use cheats/bots, unbalance the economy, etc... then they would just be normal players. Normal players do things like sell Fun Cards for gold/items... and we like them.

b3def

Rank 4
PostedMay 09, 2012 8:06 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Of course.

If gold sellers didn't cause a public nuisance (spam), hack people accounts, use cheats/bots, unbalance the economy, etc... then they would just be normal players. Normal players do things like sell Fun Cards for gold/items... and we like them.  

Then make it safer and easier to trade Fun Cards for gold/items Wink

Lost_and_Deadly

Rank 0
Lost_and_Deadly
PostedMay 19, 2012 9:46 am

Trading Funcards for Gold

Anyway you look at it, trading funcards will always be unsafe. Unless GM's supervised the exchange, and if one side cheated the other, the GM brings down the ban hammer. It just is not possible for the exchange of funcards for gold to be 100% assured you will get what you traded/paid for.

There are some people you can trust to trade, but you have to ask around.

yudhanjaya

Rank 0
yudhanjaya
PostedJul 02, 2012 2:07 am

Economy

Gold sellers will always be around. Think of it - in any MMORPG you introduce a virtual economy + currency parallel to real-world cash [barring totally free stuff like Uru Online]. People will exploit this.
One workaround would be if devs could integrate gold buying into the game itself: set up a coalition of certain trusted companies, etc, and then [as part of the agreement] task our reps from those companies from flushing out anyone's whos not in the circle. Win-win + the devs get to keep an eye on the economy and have a bit more control.

ArchxxAngel

Rank 1
ArchxxAngel
PostedJul 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Economy

yudhanjaya wrote:
Gold sellers will always be around. Think of it - in any MMORPG you introduce a virtual economy + currency parallel to real-world cash [barring totally free stuff like Uru Online]. People will exploit this.
One workaround would be if devs could integrate gold buying into the game itself: set up a coalition of certain trusted companies, etc, and then [as part of the agreement] task our reps from those companies from flushing out anyone's whos not in the circle. Win-win + the devs get to keep an eye on the economy and have a bit more control.  

the only issue is there will still be a 3rd party that will never go away. there is no way to really work with gold sellers cause for 1. they are hackers, 2. they create alot of imbalance in games, and 3. how can you control those who just want money? i mean think the gold sellers are not going to work with any f2p games cause that would allow the f2p games have some control on there prices. that would result in higher gold prices and then players that buy gold would rage quit instead of just getting ap or stuff like that. the only soulution i can think of is lowering ap prices thats really the only way to gain the upper hand on the gold sellers. and the dev's need to accept that this is a really big issue and has the potential to ruin f2p games. thats my bit on this subject.

TymonTheThief

Rank 0
TymonTheThief
PostedAug 22, 2012 3:08 am
For all your complaints about gold buying, there's tons of goldseller spambots that park in aven on eden eternal. They aren't hard to find at all. If a GM would login and just teleport to aven for 15 seconds, they could see all of them, and drop the banhammer on them. Would they however? Obviously not since this problem has been going on for weeks to months now.

Superman0X

Game Master
Superman0X
PostedAug 22, 2012 6:40 am
TymonTheThief wrote:
For all your complaints about gold buying, there's tons of goldseller spambots that park in aven on eden eternal. They aren't hard to find at all. If a GM would login and just teleport to aven for 15 seconds, they could see all of them, and drop the banhammer on them. Would they however? Obviously not since this problem has been going on for weeks to months now.  

Several hundred a day are removed....