15bubbles

Rank 0
15bubbles
PostedJan 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: No Subject

Dalincan wrote:

Unfortunately, buying gold from 3rd parties for the games that the victims play, is not something that is very easily gotten rid of. Hackers are always as fast, if not faster, than security countermeasures.

However, here at Aeria, from what I can see, people buying gold is limited to a small percentage, and they always pay the piper for doing so (in one way or another.) For the most part, it's very much so common knowledge (even to the people here that do decide to buy it, for the most part.)

There's a rule of thumb for being a member of the Aeria community that stays out of trouble: "When in doubt, ask. When in more doubt, ask a GM through RT."

Gold sinks are also limited to the games themselves, and it's up to the developers to put them in, should they so choose. However: Using it as a countermeasure to gold buying may only increase the number of incidents, because people may begin to think it's ok. A gold sink should be implemented as a natural countermeasure to the game's natural economic state. Not as a means for gold buyers to continue.  
Ah. Sorry about the gold sink part not being clear. It was mentioned how gold sellers contribute to in game inflation, so that's why I mentioned it.
Advertisement

satanbe

Rank 0
satanbe
PostedJan 15, 2012 6:36 am
Thx for posting this GM, very intersting read!

byronkrobars3

Rank 3
byronkrobars3
PostedJan 16, 2012 11:38 am
maybe if you guys actually bothered fixing the bugs in your game people would start buying AP again.

hire people who know what they are doing ffs.

June_june

Rank 0
June_june
PostedJan 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Gold SPammers

I am half Chinese I speak mandarin and Cantonese fluently....I hope Aeria thinks me not a gold spammer LOL Razz

garlic30

Rank 0
garlic30
PostedJan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Gold Buying

OMFG
I am so glad I read this... this is pretty much scary Superman I almost wanted to buy those... Thanks much for your posts... I don't want to compromise any card information, although I am so desperate to raise Gold for my new outfit... thanks much man. I think just have to live with not making much gold then. More power to you.

910910rob

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2012 1:41 pm
wtf is gold buying

AereBear

Rank 1
AereBear
PostedApr 06, 2012 11:57 pm
910910rob wrote:
wtf is gold buying  

It's when you go online and purchase gold from strangers, there are bots ingame that spam links to it etc. And it's bannable. There are high risks to this. Such as getting hacked and having your things taken away, getting banned, having your IRL money stolen and other things. Which is why GM's and alot of other players STRONGLY advise people NOT to go to their websites. Plus there are other ways to make gold ingame. ^^

Imagine. Create. Inspire. Believe.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 07, 2012 4:03 am
AereBear wrote:
Plus there are other ways to make gold ingame. ^^  

you can get more golds for same $ if you participate a tier promotion while it's a legal method Wink

but those people which is buying gold doesn't know that Neutral

signature of xybolt

AereBear

Rank 1
AereBear
PostedApr 07, 2012 2:16 pm
xybolt wrote:
AereBear wrote:
Plus there are other ways to make gold ingame. ^^  

you can get more golds for same $ if you participate a tier promotion while it's a legal method Wink

but those people which is buying gold doesn't know that Neutral  

The people Gold Buying(On Bodor at least) don't realize that they actually gain more money by selling AP cards ingame to trusted buyers like Phail and ioana.

Imagine. Create. Inspire. Believe.

koolpka

Rank 0
koolpka
PostedApr 10, 2012 3:59 am
BlkPanda wrote:
Ill try to keep it short and sweet.

Gold buying can destroy games its a known fact, its also known that its impossible to keep them from spamming their trash.

In all honesty, if the player is willing to go buy the gold, good chance they would be willing to find exploits and hacks for any of our wonderful games.

A BIG problem Aeria has tho, is if youre on the forums, if the page your on has the words; Gold, Spammers, Buying. The google ads box below the SB and announcements, puts up an ad for buying gold...

Like so

Gota love Ad Blocker lol XD ,, i havent seen an ad for over a year now XD in any website,, thats includes youtube too