Author Message

Rwhoaranngh

Rank 1
Rwhoaranngh
Joined
04 Dec 2011
Posts
382
Location
Somewhere in Siberia,a cold hell Russia
PostedDec 27, 2011 1:27 pm
Hey you play minecraft?

My Minecraft ign is Gilleain,By the way,aeria should offer gold buying,since they are the owners of the game,they are certainly not gonna troll you,since you can also get ap from it,so aeria should officially sell gold,like ap its being sold for money,it will kill those companies,who you would trust?

The company of the game that you play,offering gold for money,as their offer the premium currency for real money?

or

The random company that you dont know jacks*** about it?

But if players still manage to screw up,them its their fault,we told and stuff,and they didn care,so just let them die.

Advertisement

ukranos777

Rank 0
Joined
11 Sep 2011
Posts
9
Location
Greece
PostedDec 27, 2011 4:51 pm

FIX THE LAG

FIX THE LAG
FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG FIX THE LAG

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
Joined
07 Aug 2008
Posts
1240
Location
Starfleet Command United States
PostedDec 27, 2011 5:43 pm
Rwhoaranngh wrote:
Hey you play minecraft?  


Yes, yes I do. I play offline, though. Servers don't interest me.

Rwhoaranngh wrote:
By the way, aeria should offer gold buying, since they are the owners of the game, they are certainly not gonna troll you, since you can also get ap from it, so aeria should officially sell gold, like ap its being sold for money, it will kill those companies,who you would trust?  


The part that I bolded is not correct. Aeria does NOT own the games. They are a publisher. This means, they own the rights to host the games. Not the games themselves. The developers retain actual game ownership.

Rwhoaranngh wrote:
The company of the game that you play,offering gold for money,as their offer the premium currency for real money?

or

The random company that you dont know jacks*** about it?

But if players still manage to screw up,them its their fault,we told and stuff,and they didn care,so just let them die.  


The thought of Aeria selling gold was discussed a long time ago, and completely shut down. Selling gold is an excellent way to destroy an economy overnight. If you're having a hard time making gold, I would suggest leveling and doing quests in the game you currently play. Or, buy AP and sell AP items to the other players.

Buying and selling gold is against the Terms. Period. Do it, and Superman will get his "Ban-Chuck Norris Action Figure" and come after you.

Also:

ukranos77 wrote:
FIX THE LAG x over 9000  


Perhaps you should make a new thread about it in Rants and Raves instead of posting it here, as it's largely off-topic. kthx Smile

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Posts
15077
Location
Balegem, flemish region Belgium
PostedDec 28, 2011 5:03 am   Last edited by xybolt on Jan 04, 2012 6:28 am. Edited 1 time in total
Rwhoaranngh wrote:

By the way,aeria should offer gold buying,since they are the owners of the game,they are certainly not gonna troll you,since you can also get ap from it,so aeria should officially sell gold,like ap its being sold for money,it will kill those companies,who you would trust?  


lol, your solution for this phenomena is the bold part ?
it will result in 2 things

-> aeria will become a gold seller, which already has a negative connotation

-> it results into a very negative impact on ingame economy ... do you realize that ?

signature of xybolt

iGennie

Rank 0
Joined
31 Dec 2011
Posts
6
Location
India
PostedJan 03, 2012 4:47 am
According to me Gold buying is the good thing.Gold buying does ruin a games economy. It sky rockets all the prices and contributes to inflation. It is the best way of investing money.It makes it harder for those who cant afford to put RL money in the game not as fun anymore because they cant afford gear or AP items being sold in the markets.

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
Joined
07 Aug 2008
Posts
1240
Location
Starfleet Command United States
PostedJan 03, 2012 4:53 am
iGennie wrote:
According to me Gold buying is the good thing.Gold buying does ruin a games economy. It sky rockets all the prices and contributes to inflation. It is the best way of investing money.It makes it harder for those who cant afford to put RL money in the game not as fun anymore because they cant afford gear or AP items being sold in the markets.  


One of the largest reasons why gold buying has been deemed illegal is because of account security. In order for the gold sellers to get you the gold, you would have to give them your account information for Aeria. This leads to stolen accounts.

Technically, buying gold violates more than a single section of the Terms of Service. Granted, it does destroy an economy with a massive gold saturation, but there's also a lot of complaint when the account gets stolen.

iGennie

Rank 0
Joined
31 Dec 2011
Posts
6
Location
India
PostedJan 04, 2012 4:07 am
According to me Gold buying is the good thing because in future if you face any problem then you can solve your problem selling that gold.At this time many of the bank also exchange gold into money.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Posts
15077
Location
Balegem, flemish region Belgium
PostedJan 04, 2012 6:27 am
iGennie wrote:
According to me Gold buying is the good thing because in future if you face any problem then you can solve your problem selling that gold.At this time many of the bank also exchange gold into money.  


hurr, do you realize that we're talking about virtual gold, so no any banks would exchange that into money lol.

signature of xybolt

15bubbles

Rank 0
15bubbles
Joined
26 Jun 2011
Posts
37
Location
United States
PostedJan 04, 2012 6:38 pm

No Subject

I read up to page 17. I'm sorry I didn't read it all the way through, however the conversation was growing redundant.

I agree with the handful of people who said there's nothing we can do about it but stop people from buying gold from gold sellers by posting messages about not buying from gold sellers where people could see.

Like how most games have a little cutesy prolouge telling you that your player is supposed to help save the world or walkthrough in the beginning so you get the hang of the basics of the game, just add a window that pops up or something that's short, simple and tells people not to buy from gold sellers. Listing about three reasons why gold sellers are bad might help too.

By the way, to those who have had the idea of setting a level limit to trading, I thought of the idea too! And thought it was a brilliant idea! Until I remembered plenty of posts here mentioning power leveling. Wouldn't power leveling be able to circumvent the level limit?

About gold sinks: sounds like a good idea to me. So where can we stick more of them in?

If I sound like an imbecile, I blame this on my lack of experience.

Dalincan

Rank 3
Dalincan
Joined
07 Aug 2008
Posts
1240
Location
Starfleet Command United States
PostedJan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: No Subject

15bubbles wrote:
I read up to page 17. I'm sorry I didn't read it all the way through, however the conversation was growing redundant.

I agree with the handful of people who said there's nothing we can do about it but stop people from buying gold from gold sellers by posting messages about not buying from gold sellers where people could see.

Like how most games have a little cutesy prolouge telling you that your player is supposed to help save the world or walkthrough in the beginning so you get the hang of the basics of the game, just add a window that pops up or something that's short, simple and tells people not to buy from gold sellers. Listing about three reasons why gold sellers are bad might help too.

By the way, to those who have had the idea of setting a level limit to trading, I thought of the idea too! And thought it was a brilliant idea! Until I remembered plenty of posts here mentioning power leveling. Wouldn't power leveling be able to circumvent the level limit?

About gold sinks: sounds like a good idea to me. So where can we stick more of them in?

If I sound like an imbecile, I blame this on my lack of experience.  


Unfortunately, buying gold from 3rd parties for the games that the victims play, is not something that is very easily gotten rid of. Hackers are always as fast, if not faster, than security countermeasures.

However, here at Aeria, from what I can see, people buying gold is limited to a small percentage, and they always pay the piper for doing so (in one way or another.) For the most part, it's very much so common knowledge (even to the people here that do decide to buy it, for the most part.)

There's a rule of thumb for being a member of the Aeria community that stays out of trouble: "When in doubt, ask. When in more doubt, ask a GM through RT."

Gold sinks are also limited to the games themselves, and it's up to the developers to put them in, should they so choose. However: Using it as a countermeasure to gold buying may only increase the number of incidents, because people may begin to think it's ok. A gold sink should be implemented as a natural countermeasure to the game's natural economic state. Not as a means for gold buyers to continue.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: