Sk8erboy66

Rank 0
PostedOct 21, 2009 6:53 pm
yep, no doubt, this is a BIG problem in all games. It is bad in my opinion, when you go to apulune to buy some stuff, and suddenly you need to turn off trade/area chat, because a gold spammer is filling the chat with advertimesemtns for their websites, also how these people set up markets that say their websites info.
Advertisement

kb3rcl

Rank 0
kb3rcl
PostedOct 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Take it from me

I will begin by saying i didnt read all of this thread. I read the first two pages. After reading that much of it i was reminded of why I clicked to begin with. I was banned.

Look guys, for anyone tempted to use these 3rd party services, listen up. I havent been playing shaiya for real long, but in the short few months i have been here i put A LOT of time and REAL money into the game. Just as many other do/have.

I took great pride in my toon creation and the help i was able to offer to fellow players as well as guildies. I had built quite the fortune on my account. And managed to help keep this game free in the process. I bought AP on quite a frequent basis. And I Had a rule.

Buy for me; Buy for others.

I know how much it sucks to be young and not have a job or allowance or even to be older and simply have too many other priorities to tend too before shelling out money for a free game. Because of this I would always buy an item or two I needed (Normally an XP stone) and then I would purchase items with the intent to resell within the game. I would frequently use the proceed to purchase items for fellow guild members or other players who simply didnt have the in game funds or AP to do so. I was proud to support the community in this way...

This didnt last long. About a week ago my account was banned. I was...AM puzzled as to what happened. I can only think of a few things. Mainly, i think i was hacked and my account was used to abuse the service provided through AGE.

All those months, all the hours, all the gold, all the CASH...gone. My account was sitting on over 430-something million in gold and probably much more in gear that was waiting to be given out as prizes for inner-guild events...I was crushed. My guild members let down. I almost couldnt bring myself to start anew. Worried that I would simply be facing another disappointing waste of time in the furture.

MANY of you here had bought items from me at VERY fair prices. That was always my intent. To help everyone. Not just myself.

The point is this: If you are tempted; Dont. If you have done it before; Dont do it again. If you think you arent ruining it for anyone else; Think again.

People can think what they want about people claiming the did nothing wrong after a ban. I dont care. Something may have been done on my account. I dont know. But it wasnt done by me. Of that, I am sure.

Dont let yourselves or your guildies, or your friends fall victim to such a sad sad sad method of achievement. Think about it...if you used these services, what have you really achieved? A hand out. And a chance to screw everyone else you enjoy the game with.

Its not worth it. Not for you. Not for Aeria. Not for other players. Nobody wins when you use these services. Trust me. I aquired my things the real way. The right way. And still fell victim to somebody's simple minded method of cheating.

-Frank

All things must come to an end. Were it not so, all things would be meaningless.

FrenchToasty

Rank 4
FrenchToasty
PostedOct 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Take it from me

kb3rcl wrote:
The point is this: If you are tempted; Dont. If you have done it before; Dont do it again. If you think you arent ruining it for anyone else; Think again.

-Frank  

QFT. Just don't.

Gold spammers aren't going to stay around if they never make any 'real' money. Of course, if they don't make any $$$ selling game gold, they'll probably think of something different to try.

The only problem is, no matter how much people are told not to buy gold from these 'businesses,' there always seems to be a few that can't resist~

I really wish there were a more proactive way to stop the gold sellers... I just don't see them leaving anytime soon. Unless people STOP buying their gold already.

/pessimism ( yeah, I need coffee :< )

xiaoblade

Rank 2
xiaoblade
PostedOct 21, 2009 9:19 pm
I do not understand why there are still Gold Buyers out there. Reselling AP will definitely get you much more Gold in return. You still get Free promotional items/rebate AP/promo AP as perks.

That much said, I am still waiting for a 50% promo on AP (o.o)v

Siggy By Rabbittt

PJBC

Rank 1
PJBC
PostedOct 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: Gold Buying

Purchased gold comes at every player's expense
Is using violence too much? People say 'violence doesn't solve anything' but if you give it a try...it does.

I reckon if you catch a hacker..you should beat him up and threaten him...that way, he becomes a non-hostile.

Simple, effective, and although not legal..cops dont have to know >:)

PJBC

Rank 1
PJBC
PostedOct 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Take it from me

kb3rcl wrote:
I will begin by saying i didnt read all of this thread. I read the first two pages. After reading that much of it i was reminded of why I clicked to begin with. I was banned.

Look guys, for anyone tempted to use these 3rd party services, listen up. I havent been playing shaiya for real long, but in the short few months i have been here i put A LOT of time and REAL money into the game. Just as many other do/have.

I took great pride in my toon creation and the help i was able to offer to fellow players as well as guildies. I had built quite the fortune on my account. And managed to help keep this game free in the process. I bought AP on quite a frequent basis. And I Had a rule.

Buy for me; Buy for others.

I know how much it sucks to be young and not have a job or allowance or even to be older and simply have too many other priorities to tend too before shelling out money for a free game. Because of this I would always buy an item or two I needed (Normally an XP stone) and then I would purchase items with the intent to resell within the game. I would frequently use the proceed to purchase items for fellow guild members or other players who simply didnt have the in game funds or AP to do so. I was proud to support the community in this way...

This didnt last long. About a week ago my account was banned. I was...AM puzzled as to what happened. I can only think of a few things. Mainly, i think i was hacked and my account was used to abuse the service provided through AGE.

All those months, all the hours, all the gold, all the CASH...gone. My account was sitting on over 430-something million in gold and probably much more in gear that was waiting to be given out as prizes for inner-guild events...I was crushed. My guild members let down. I almost couldnt bring myself to start anew. Worried that I would simply be facing another disappointing waste of time in the furture.

MANY of you here had bought items from me at VERY fair prices. That was always my intent. To help everyone. Not just myself.

People can think what they want about people claiming the did nothing wrong after a ban. I dont care. Something may have been done on my account. I dont know. But it wasnt done by me. Of that, I am sure.

Dont let yourselves or your guildies, or your friends fall victim to such a sad sad sad method of achievement. Think about it...if you used these services, what have you really achieved? A hand out. And a chance to screw everyone else you enjoy the game with.

Its not worth it. Not for you. Not for Aeria. Not for other players. Nobody wins when you use these services. Trust me. I aquired my things the real way. The right way. And still fell victim to somebody's simple minded method of cheating.

-Frank  

...Just so you know, theres a special 'contact' e-mail for if you get hacked. Chances are, if your legitimate, your account might be re-instated, dont get ur hopes up, but its worth a try, click here to see what you need to do if your account has been hacked.

alphaflame

Rank 0
alphaflame
PostedOct 22, 2009 6:00 am
xiaoblade wrote:
I do not understand why there are still Gold Buyers out there. Reselling AP will definitely get you much more Gold in return.  

QFT. Why would somebody buy gold from a third party when item malls give you the exact same, or better, returns... but is legitimate (aka: won't get you banned) and helps support the game you play as well? Both methods are technically buying Gold, on the bottom line. But one comes with much much much more in the way of perks.

Even if gold sellers have a better money/gold ratio, how much is the safety of your account and your real life identity worth? Seems to me like buying Gold from a third party is just the same as saying "My life is worth the pixel count of the words 'x million gold'."

Aside: Although, comically -- and this is something I've never really understood -- private servers of games almost never have gold sellers on them, even if they get up to thousands and thousands of concurrent online players. It's almost like two wrongs do make a right.

VisualKeiRocker

Rank 0
VisualKeiRocker
PostedOct 22, 2009 7:51 am
MerXist wrote:
I tell you what else brings inflation, the GMs putting out high prices of AP products for an event. Players start to believe they too can sell it at the same prices. I'm referring to Shaiya by the way. Rec runes have gone up for one.  

KO's and other nos have double in price as a result as well.

Athea_Glass - lvl 52+ HM War<br><br> WitheringFate - lvl 47+ HM Orc<br><br> SF-Naitomea - lvl 51+ HM Sin ETAIN

vpetrovici

Rank 4
vpetrovici
PostedOct 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Chirugai

Rank 4
Chirugai
PostedOct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: Usefull info ?

vpetrovici wrote:
It would help aeria games if i can provide a yahoo messenger id that belongs to a person who works for such a company ? ( gold seller company ). Can aeria find out more info of how they do it and how to stop it ? or try to stop it if i provide that yahoo messenger id ?

You will ask me : How did you got that yahoo id ?
You bought gold in the past in another game ?

My answer is : A very close friend of mine played last chaos in the past, and yes he was buying gold from such a company, and he got the yahoo messenger of a guy , they were friends a while...till he quit last chaos.

And yes i can provide my friends IGN in last chaos and the account name he had, so aeria can be sure of the provided info is right, that he did bought gold in the past and like that he got the yahoo messenger id .

The yahoo messenger id : removed as not to quote
My friend's IGN that bought gold from him is : removed as not to quote  

When you're submitting evidence, please use Contact Us. Displaying your friend's information could cause him to become a target for any malicious botter/company you are reporting as well as the YIM ID you posted.