Flyingbox

Rank 4
Flyingbox
PostedOct 21, 2009 1:16 pm
I play on World of Warcraft. Here is how the gold market works.

If you buy gold, you keep the illegitimate business in...well...business. They use illegal means of obtaining their vaults of endless gold and I will explain that in a bit.

Here is what they have been doing. They set up bots to log in on WoW using compromised paid accounts (You cannot do this on a trial account) and send mass private messages to all players that appear on the /whois list or have been whispered in the past. These messages are very horribly written and literally claim that "You have become a blizzard lucky player, go to [insert website] to claim a free mount trial"
(Note that people fall for this, blizzard uses BLUE icons on their employees and never does crap like this.)
Players who visit those websites are subject to a stealthy install of a keylogger and it's an identical replica to the actual WoW login.

Here is how the gold chain starts and I'll now explain.

If you buy gold/plevel you are mostly asked to supply IMPORTANT ACCOUNT INFORMATION. Don't ever do this. EVER. What happens is that they promise they will never do anything bad.
Eventually after a period of time they WILL LOG BACK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND STRIP IT OF EVERYTHING. They send/sell everything to their mule characters and start their business anew, all the while using your paid account to bot and spam thousands of players a second to go to a fraud website to claim a prize.
They used to actually do what is called "Corpse spam", or they literally speedhack to the middle of a city, position themselves, then flyhack so high and shut it off they die of fall damage. Eventually the bodies would spell a website.

Any player who bought gold would be stripped of everything they ever had and the gold seller pretty much "earned" double of what you just bought. It's an endless chain of account compromising all to feed a wide chain of supposedly different companies of these malicious services. Several websites pose as different companies but they all belong to one parent.

Several may sell at different prices (they rarely use different messages when spamming and you can obviously tell) and the rest do the dirty work.

After all this is done, guess who wins? Nobody.
Most places recover accounts but they can also discover that you had bought gold, so unless you were an innocent bystander and fell for the scam part of the business...you will lose everything.
Keep in mind all in-game currencies are worthless. A billion coins in one game will never be worth one sextillionth (.0000000000000000000001) of a penny.

Never ever ever EVER think that buying these services is an easy way out.
Why would you even download/buy a game for yourself if you end up paying someone else to play it? That's a loss of an investment plus you bought into a scam.
Not only this, most if not all the companies use malicious programs and methods to keep their business going.

Also, if you want to powerlevel and PvP all day to button mash and LOLPWNOWN whiney kids then maybe you should have played this worthless game.

All in all, you're hurting your own wallet and the game. If there is a lot of unauthorized money going around then dumb people without a sense of reality will spike prices on trade, making it virtually impossible for someone low-level and eligible for something they NEED to get it at a realistic price that was meant for their level.

Every game I play I see about twenty pieces of something that drops 100% of the time at a low level trade for the price of an arm, a leg, a mansion, and plastic surgery combined. Think, people. Think.
Advertisement

Alti

Rank 3
Alti
PostedOct 21, 2009 1:31 pm
You're alive!!!
LOL @ WoW gold? that's world of warcraft and they ban accounts and credit cards if you get caught falling for a random advertisement that Aeria can't control..

The guy above me is right. Aeria puts these terms of service in the ToS for a reason. Just don't cheat. You may get settled in your account one day and find it emptied out...

Advertisements are advertisements, doesn't mean you have to click it nor does it mean that it is affiliated with Aeria Games and Entertainment. Wise up peeps.

vpetrovici

Rank 4
vpetrovici
PostedOct 21, 2009 1:49 pm   Last edited by vpetrovici on Oct 21, 2009 2:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Usefull info ?

It would help aeria games if i can provide a yahoo messenger id that belongs to a person who works for such a company ? ( gold seller company ). Can aeria find out more info of how they do it and how to stop it ? or try to stop it if i provide that yahoo messenger id ?

You will ask me : How did you got that yahoo id ?
You bought gold in the past in another game ?

My answer is : A very close friend of mine played last chaos in the past, and yes he was buying gold from such a company, and he got the yahoo messenger of a guy , they were friends a while...till he quit last chaos.

And yes i can provide my friends IGN in last chaos and the account name he had, so aeria can be sure of the provided info is right, that he did bought gold in the past and like that he got the yahoo messenger id .

The yahoo messenger id : llgamellv
My friend's IGN that bought gold from him is : Clandder and account name : Clandder

axora

Rank 4
axora
PostedOct 21, 2009 2:28 pm
Personally I think gold buying is just a weak point that one has. Although it may seem smart and uber cool of you to do, it's not. It really shows that you are a quitter, noob, not awesome, a hobo (not the good kind), a giver upper, etc. I say that because obviously you have tried raising money in your game and have failed, and instead of trying again and again like the little engine; you gave in to the evilness of gold buying, Why? cause you're a failure.

EX) Little 5 year old jimmy wants buy a pony for 50cents so he opens up a lemonade stand and sells each cup for 10cents.

It takes time and effort to make that money, so by you buying gold like that you are showing that a little 5 year old boy is far superior to you.

vpetrovici

Rank 4
vpetrovici
PostedOct 21, 2009 2:33 pm   Last edited by vpetrovici on Oct 21, 2009 2:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

hmmm

Razz

Aiiko

Rank 4
Aiiko
PostedOct 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: hmmm

vpetrovici wrote:
Axora you like to offend people ? When did i said i was buying gold ? you don;t know nothing about me or about i play ok? Read my post again if your blind  

I think he was commenting on the thread, not your post... :3

vpetrovici

Rank 4
vpetrovici
PostedOct 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: hmmm

Aiiko wrote:
vpetrovici wrote:
Axora you like to offend people ? When did i said i was buying gold ? you don;t know nothing about me or about i play ok? Read my post again if your blind  

I think he was commenting on the thread, not your post... :3  

True , i erased it Wink Sorry Wink

axora

Rank 4
axora
PostedOct 21, 2009 3:12 pm
yeah my post was not toward anyone individual ^^;

Zak_Dshar

Rank 0
Zak_Dshar
PostedOct 21, 2009 5:01 pm
make it legal to turn gold spammers into foxes! it disrupts their bots and will help slow the spamming

MerXist

Rank 1
MerXist
PostedOct 21, 2009 6:50 pm
Aion is starting to have the same problem. It started off clean without gold spammers for a few weeks, but right before you know it they too have fallen the victim of gold spammers. Truth is, the only way to really stop it is to have people not buy it. That's all. Gold spamming is a business, without its supply it runs dead. And like Aeria, other mmorg's are doing the same.

I tell you what else brings inflation, the GMs putting out high prices of AP products for an event. Players start to believe they too can sell it at the same prices. I'm referring to Shaiya by the way. Rec runes have gone up for one.