slimm1313

Rank 1
slimm1313
PostedOct 14, 2009 4:47 am

Item for Market

I know wrong section
was wondering if there could be like an elemental mystery box added to the Item mall Pre-Tiered event?
Advertisement

jwenting

Rank 1
jwenting
PostedOct 14, 2009 4:57 am
you mean a mysterious lapis box that gives you a 0.000001% chance of getting an elemental lapis rather than the 0.000001% chance of getting an otherwise useful lapis out of a regular lapis box?

hmm... I smell an AP sink...

slimm1313

Rank 1
slimm1313
PostedOct 14, 2009 5:44 am
No . I mean a Mystery box that gives you an Elemental Lapis. you Just dont know which one you will get.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedOct 14, 2009 5:55 am
Like on the last tiered, yeah. Think they're called Elemental Lapis Pockets. (Yet another misnamed item - it's a B - A - G . )

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

jwenting

Rank 1
jwenting
PostedOct 14, 2009 7:04 am
slimm1313 wrote:
No . I mean a Mystery box that gives you an Elemental Lapis. you Just dont know which one you will get.  

Would for sure destroy the value of ele lapis for a while, unless they were priced at like 10K AP each (at which point few would buy them unless it were coupled with a GM link tiered event and the purchase qualified).

Maybe flooding the market with things like ele lapis and other highly desirable things might be a way to bring some sense back to the in-game economy though.
Give everyone one each for weapon and armour for each toon at an unannounced point in time, modified for a 100% link chance, and there'd be hardly anyone buying or selling them any longer.
Do the same with some other things and you'd destroy the market semi-permanently.

BoobicusRex

Rank 3
BoobicusRex
PostedOct 14, 2009 8:41 am
This is the reason that they are given out as only raffle/tiered event prizes in limited amounts. If they elemental lapis pockets were added to the item mall they would become much, much less rare of an item and it would (for the most part) remove one of the best PVP events (Kimu) from the game. Epic battles take place every day for elemental lapis. If someone could instead just spend some AP or spend some gold to buy them from a reseller that would become a thing of the past.

sweetstuff4ever

Rank 3
PostedOct 14, 2009 10:14 am
I would prefer it to go with the Uber Mystery Box. Like the chance of getting a rare mount or an Ele lapis...yeah....but i doubt that will happen hun sorry

fair858

Rank 1
fair858
PostedOct 14, 2009 2:11 pm
sweetstuff4ever wrote:
I would prefer it to go with the Uber Mystery Box. Like the chance of getting a rare mount or an Ele lapis...yeah....but i doubt that will happen hun sorry  

In the past I have used ap to get Uber Mystery Box and only got dual lapis and that was the best that I got out of them.. I would like to see the elemental lapis like the last time(get 2).....lol

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedOct 14, 2009 2:15 pm
got an uber mystery box

599 AP i believe

opened it and got a etain potion ... arcane pot is better lol

it's really bad for us, gambling tssk tssk

signature of xybolt

night_warrior

Rank 3
night_warrior
PostedOct 14, 2009 5:07 pm
BoobicusRex wrote:
This is the reason that they are given out as only raffle/tiered event prizes in limited amounts. If they elemental lapis pockets were added to the item mall they would become much, much less rare of an item and it would (for the most part) remove one of the best PVP events (Kimu) from the game. Epic battles take place every day for elemental lapis. If someone could instead just spend some AP or spend some gold to buy them from a reseller that would become a thing of the past.  

Kimu is controlled usually by the top guild on each server. On Teos, the top light and fury guilds have an alliance on Kimu so they share, hence there aren't many epic battles. Sometimes the #2 guilds on both sides show up but get wiped by the top guilds, so yeah monopoly all the way.

All others have to cough up hundreds of millions to purchase from those people.

For those who truly want more elements, just make a NM and do the epic quest, then change to desired element ^^