hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedOct 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Advocates for Better PvP

Support a worthy cause
Its no secret that PvP in Shaiya has been lacking and seems to moving in a downward spiral. I have talked and preached on the forums, discussed ideas in ventrilo and shout box, and gone so far as to send tickets in. I'm going to send another ticket in this time, but I want to show the GM's and Producers of Shaiya just how much support were willing to invest as a PvP community. In hopes of them showing some support for us.

The Plan:

Send a ticket into AGE Shaiya Management

With the intent of:

1. Acknowledge that there is a problem, in general, with PvP currently in Shaiya.

2. See if Shaiya Management has any plan to address these PvP issues / concerns.

3. Support our Shaiya PvP player base.

*************** The Ticket ***************

Dear Shaiya Management,

I write this ticket today to speak of a problem you are probably already aware of. PvP within Shaiya has taken a turn for the worse and doesn’t seem to be improving. In addition, we (Advocates for Better PvP) struggle for GM support on the forums in discussing and suggesting ideas for implementation that might help repair and rebuild our shrinking PvP communities. There are far too many threads and lists on Shaiya PvP concerns not counting the “QQ” posts, but to name a few larger ones:

· The increasing gap between players spending $$$ and those having little or none.

· Players remaining in the 1-15 PvP zone farming 100k kills or more because its easier.

· Caster class imbalance in all of the PvP zones.

The list goes on and on. As you can see there are issues affecting just about every area of PvP in Shaiya. Despite the criticism and challenges, we (the PvP community) are not about to quit or give up. We are willing to help in whatever capacity we can to see Shaiya PvP become what we all know it can. We discuss PvP in SB. We express and entertain all sorts of possibilities and notions for PvP on the forums. We even go as far as asking for help through tickets like this.

We understand that there is no overnight fix for PvP in Shaiya. Changes and such take time and communication. We are aware of the communicational difficulties with SonoV.

What we don’t know is if you are listening to us? Are you reading our suggestions? Do you understand our love for PvP in Shaiya and our desire to see it improve?

So my question to you…

What more can we, the PvP community, do to help you promote PvP in Shaiya?

We have seen far too much negative change in Shaiya PvP. It’s time to do something about it. It’s time to listen to your players and restore PvP to what it should be.

Thank You,

Advocates for Better PvP

What I am asking from the reader...

/support
/push for change
/anything else you think relevant
Advertisement

Krugstar

Rank 2
Krugstar
PostedOct 07, 2009 5:22 pm
/support

I am one of the 15 PvP toons with a mild amount of money and i stilled get pawned sometimes, and dont do that much pawning my self unless they are totally poor

Chaoticstar

Rank 0
Chaoticstar
PostedOct 07, 2009 5:55 pm

re: Support PvP

/Support
Krugstar wrote:
/support

I am one of the 15 PvP toons with a mild amount of money and i stilled get pawned sometimes, and dont do that much pawning my self unless they are totally poor  

^ Yeah, what he said pretty much covers it. My 1-15 toon is using borrowed gear just to be mildly competitive because I can't afford to enchant my own gear (I check every time I die just to make sure I haven't dropped anything Crying or Very sad I'd also like to see more in 20-30 (I know, I know - all that white hurts the eyes after a while and you can't read chat) and 1-60 because everytime I poke my head in there's nothing going.

Also - ZOMG! Playing over a year and this is my fourth post! I'm such a Forum Troll!! Very Happy

billdoor

Rank 5
billdoor
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:00 pm
/support

Being one of the heavy spenders in the game, I still like to see the little guy get a fighting chance. The imbalance between those that pay for an advantage and those that don't has gone way beyond what's reasonable. The object of people paying for the game is making it possible for others to play it for free - not eliminating the latter entirely from PvP due to the advantages gained by the payers.

Harrimatti

Rank 3
Harrimatti
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:05 pm
/support

Etains PvP is a joke nowadays Evil or Very Mad

alexlei

Rank 0
alexlei
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: re: Support PvP

/Support
Chaoticstar wrote:

^ Yeah, what he said pretty much covers it. My 1-15 toon is using borrowed gear just to be mildly competitive because I can't afford to enchant my own gear (I check every time I die just to make sure I haven't dropped anything Crying or Very sad I'd also like to see more in 20-30 (I know, I know - all that white hurts the eyes after a while and you can't read chat) and 1-60 because everytime I poke my head in there's nothing going.

Also - ZOMG! Playing over a year and this is my fourth post! I'm such a Forum Troll!! Very Happy  

HERE is a suggestion to all of you QQ about not spending REAL money and being a total nub in pvp.

-FIRST, pvp is very compatitive in EVERY GAME that has a pvp feature, and some are willing to go as far as spend THOUSANDS of real money in order to be UBER, or be well known as a threat in pvp, and this game gives some of those just that opportunity so they take it. and i SEE nothing wrong in that, as we ALL have that opportunity and just not all can afford, as im including my self in it.

-Im from 1-60 and 1-15 PVP on Gaia, as my main is 1-15 pvp toon, and I MANAGE to get an UBER gear enchanted to [8]-[9] on all armour pieces, and honestly i cant remember single $1 i spend on getting to that lvl. I SUGGEST all of you stop QQ and work ur *** off to get a decent high lvl toon lvl 55-60 HM or UM and go farm ****. join a nice guild that will pay u, help u get stronger. then make a toon and uber it out.

-If you think you can simply walk into the 1-15 ZONE as a NUBCAKE just starting shaiya, and think you should be able to pwn about 40% of ppl then u should rethink. As i speak for my self, i been in the Shaiya community for around 2 years, and seen the goods and bads, ups and downs, and for as the game right now, i totally dont mind, EXCEPT the apalune prices on Lailah that make you wanna QQ

Therefore, i DONT SUPPORT this, as this is addressing lower class ppl with least experience in game, or tecticts, and sorry the ONLY way you can improve the pvp and help your self out is if you lvl out, get a nice decent toon, lvl your way up, learn things, get to know ppl, and then proceed into the ZONEs.

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Rank 3
DRUNK_CANADIAN
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:12 pm
Any way you slice it AP users will always have the edge in PVP, be it fully enchanted Gear they can buy/make with AP items or selling AP items or just buying AP combat items themselves

Additionally you are aware that if NOS and other PVP items were made less effective and their were limitations on enchants, PVP would become WAY more onesided than it is now with the larger faction slaughtering the smaller...in most cases AoL would basically own the Furies with numbers alone....

The system they have at present works, and works well, it is not perfect, and I am sure Aeria is aware of that but it is a valuable source of income for Aeria and helps balance factions....one nossed player can turn the tide of a large fight.....beat the odds

"When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?" Tell me what you cherish most, give me the pleasure of taking it away.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:15 pm
Definite support. The biggest problem for me at this time is the huge gap between buyers and non buyers.

The wall between the rich and poor is so immense in Shaiya. I am certain that there is no other F2P game on the market with such a divider. Even other games hosted by Aeria do not see such perversion of "free" gaming.

Yes, I have uber gear. Yes, I PvP in 1-15. I want to see the little guys compete. I don't want to stay farming for 100k kills, I want to stay PvPing for 100k kills. Honestly, I hate it when people get discouraged and log off or level out. Less active PvP is bad for everyone, both wealthy and modest.

At this time, I'm so grossly disturbed at what SonoV/Aeria (SonoV with mechanics, Aeria with the tsunami of slotted helms being poured into the market) has done with casters that I don't have much fight left in me about it. I wholeheartedly agree that caster imbalance needs to be addressed. 1 Lapis = enough to almost completely nullify 90% of casters in 1-15. That's disgusting, and even more disgusting that the acquisition of said 1 Lapis is no harder than anything else. For less than 100mil, you can never worry about magic again. At higher levels, the resist becomes less of an issue, but the lack of any useful skills becomes prevalent. Debuffs easily dispelled and are little more than a nuisance. AoE is easily interrupted and put to royal shame by Fighter/Warriors and Defender/Guardians. Damage augmentation is sad and pathetic. Survivability means sacrificing half or more of your stat points.

I will be an advocate for better PvP and I will send in a ticket.

senriodat

Rank 1
senriodat
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:22 pm
So what is ur main idea through the ticket o.o

hypnos34

Rank 4
hypnos34
PostedOct 07, 2009 6:23 pm
I don't think there is a problem with people who spend $$$ and buy AP to have an edge, but that gap, once small, is becoming more like a span these days.

@Alexlei, you probably shouldn't talk about PvP if you can't spell "compatitive". Please try to keep in mind not everyone has resources like you.