tripwire11

Rank 0
tripwire11
PostedSep 23, 2009 7:10 am

wow, i got writing credit for this:

The Beginning

The CEO of the Paien Corporation looked out of his office window. Usually he would see the sprawl of Paris expanding below him, but today a low fog made it seen that the Paien Building was built in the middle of cotton white sea. Today was going to be a long one. The research department was getting ready for its big end-of-year presentation to show off their biggest accomplishments of the year. This year had been different then others. The usually very public Paien Laboratory had gone completely silent, as well as sucking more money then ever before. This would be interesting.
Paien finished the letter from his counterpart and long time friend from General Defense. The newly developed AWFL flame thrower would be ready to ship next week. He stood up and stretched. It was time for the presentation.
The research department was already set up when Paien got to the meeting room. An old fashioned slide projector sat at the end of a folding table and four very excited and nervous men in white lab coats shuffled back and forth.
“Ah.” the one at the far left sighed as Paien walked in. “Mr. Paien, it is our honor to present you with the discovery of the century!”
Paien, despite his curiosity, kept a strait face. Knowing the power of his cold calculating eyes, he let them squirm beneath his gaze.
“Um…yes, well, shall we begin?” the first scientist asked. At Paien’s nod he started the slide show. “For countless generations, mankind has been both fascinated and plagued by folklore and superstition. For this reason we have kept our current project, codename wolf, under a top security secret order.”
Paien was now paying full attention.
One of the other scientists took over, “Last year at about this time my team discovered a virus that lies dormant until activated by the presence of a large quantity of adrenalin. This virus was extremely easy to manipulate. When it is activated though, it multiplies faster then anything I have ever seen.”
The third scientist continued. “When this virus attacks cells, it tears apart the DNA and puts it back in random order. The cell then becomes cancerous and duplicate at an extremely fast rate. The body basically tries to change itself to the specifications of the new DNA sequence.”
“This was almost always fatal to test subject.” The last scientist continued. “We found out that when programmed, we could control the rapid mutations that occurred. The possibilities were endless!”
A smug grin flashed across the face of the first scientist. “The medical possibilities alone were endless. We thought of something with a little more shock value.” He pushed the clicker and a slide of two red eyes peering from a forest at night. In the picture a full moon hung, draped in dark and twisted clouds. “The Werewolf. Child of the night, slave of the moon. Is now a very real and dangerous part of our world!”
Paien stared dumfounded at the scientist. “Do you take me to be an imbecile!? Are you honestly trying to tell me that you have created werewolves!?”
The scientists looked back and forth at each other. “Well…yes.” said the first scientist, his smugness replaced with a slightly hurt look. “Would you like to meet one?”
Paien continued to stare at him. “Yes, yes I would.”

The flight to Eastern Serbia was long and awkward. Paien’s private jet was fast, but the time dragged by. When it landed at Paien Laboratory everyone was ready to get off that thing and escape that mood. The Lab was a large complex of warehouses along with a large military base or Paien’s private contracting division.
The scientists lead Paine through a long series of security checkpoints before reaching their destination. The objective of there long travel was a long narrow room full of computers and work areas organized into four sections. Each section overlooked what appeared to be large hospital rooms through bulletproof glass.
In the first room they came to was a burly man with tattoos all along his right arm. He was sitting on the floor in the center of the room meditating. “Another ‘demonstration’.” He said without opening his eyes. Sarcasm dripped from the words.
“Sampson, you know you’re the most in control when changed, do you want the shot or the stimulus?” The first scientist spoke into a microphone on the desk overlooking the currently tranquil Sampson.
“Shot or the stimulus?” repeated Paien, this time directed at the scientist.
“A shot of adrenaline, or we supply something to stimulate their own production of the hormone.” said the scientist with his hand cupping the mike.
Calmly Sampson opened his eyes and stared at the scientist with distain. “I will not participate in your experiments anymore.” Sampson said slowly and articulately.
“Very well, the stimulus.” The scientist hit a series of buttons on the control panel and looked up with an excited and anticipating expression on his face. Four metal rods with spouts placed along them appeared in the corners of the room and grew until they lined the edge of the room along the floor. With the push of another button the nozzles all spewed a massive quantity of fire at the ceiling of Sampson’s cell.
“Don’t worry,” the scientist explained, “he is in no danger. In his file we found that he is deathly afraid of fire.”
Sampson screamed. He clutched his head in his hands and fell onto his side. He was now sweating profusely. His hair was starting to noticeably grow rapidly all over his body. He screamed again, this time the sound came out choked growl. His muscles grew rapidly and burst through the plain white t-shirt he had been wearing. Then a sickening pop rattled the control room as his face bent in half and pushed forward. He now looked very much like a wolf but still stood like a man.
Sampson let out a howl that was near deafening and charged the bulletproof glass. Paien flinched and the scientists all turned and looked at him expectantly. “Well?” they asked simultaneously.
“Incredible.” replied Paien, still staring in wonder at Sampson. “Can he understand us?”
“Sampson can, but he is testing the latest version of the virus and his brain is the closest to that of a human. He is capable of understanding, following directions, planning, and even cunning. He still has the emotional traits of the others though; rage, aggression, and they all sometimes go into blind blood frenzies.” The scientist explained.
Paien spoke into the mike, “Sampson, can you hear me?”
Sampson pointed his arm at Paien and growled as he ran his hand down the glass leaving four long scratch marks on the glass.
“We assume that means yes.” One of the scientists explained. “He can jump almost 9 feet strait up. He is also strong enough to run on all four along walls at ninety degrees.”
“How do they change back?”
“Simple, we have a second version of the virus already coded to create a human. This virus is manmade based of the first and activated by a radio signal. Once we perfect the wolf virus, soldiers will be given a transponder to change themselves back.”
“Do they have that kind of control?”
“Sampson does, but he hates being transformed and uses it constantly to stay human. Our virus is more powerful then the wolf one.”
“Incredible, what governments would pay for this, as well as the other private contractors.” Paien could see it all coming together with his name on everything. He would be known as the man who unleashed werewolves on the world!
A red alarm started to flash and a loud bang followed by a droning emergency siren began. Paine looked back to Sampson only to see the door of the cell bashed out and Sampson missing.
“NO!” cried the scientists. Two ran to the door and started to barricade it. The third ran to a cabinet in the back and opened it to reveal five assault rifles and several handguns.
“What is going on!” exclaimed Paien.
“Standard procedure” said the scientist as he handed Paien an M-4. “We lockdown the room and wait. If he gets through to us, hope to god we have enough to throw at him to stop him. When changed they are like bulls, they run straight at you but jump. We wait as teams sweep the area looking for him. When the coast is clear we can leave.”
Paien cleared his throat and looked from scientist to scientist. “R and D will get its funding next year, but you are all fired from this organization. With skill worthy of seasoned veteran Paien calmly put a bullet through each mans head.

6 months later

Sampson walked along the waterfront in Sydney, Australia. We watched the sun rise from this spot everyday since he made it Sydney. He sighed and went to work. He worked odd job. They were always under the table, and never in one place for too long. He would not go back, ever. He had stolen one of the transmitters as he escaped thus having full control over his shape.
He arrived at the Hard’s Messenger Tavern. He was their janitor for this current stint and he almost felt happy working there.
“Blimey, did you hear ‘bout these here wolf people in Europe?” one of the patrons asked his neighbor.
Sampson froze, a bead of sweat appearing on his neck. He quickly went through mental relaxation techniques. He would not change now.
“I know mate, it’s bloomin` crazy. I heard about a bank that was robbed by um. No one lived” The neighbor replied.
Sampson smiled; he wasn’t the only one that had gotten out. He would go back after all, find the others, and they would fight Paien to the end.

Rock is for **** newbs, scissors is the 1337 sauce
Advertisement

tripwire11

Rank 0
tripwire11
PostedSep 23, 2009 7:12 am
My writing teacher said we needed to write a narrative essay about anything. So, I wrote a Wolf Team Fan Fiction. FTW!!! Notice--> the name of the tavern in Australia is my clan name Smile .

Rock is for **** newbs, scissors is the 1337 sauce

Usernam3

Rank 1
PostedSep 26, 2009 1:06 am
lol squirrel... Smile Anyway it was a cool little spin off of the Wolf Team back story. You did very well explaining exactly how the transformation works(for your version). Congrats on getting credit. Razz

tanzer125

Rank 1
tanzer125
PostedSep 26, 2009 1:20 am
gratz, enjoyed reading it myself xP

PraetorianX

Rank 0
PostedFeb 21, 2010 11:03 am
pls tell me theres a sequel, this story is magnificent and needs to be continued.