fifamendment

Aeria: Product Manager
fifamendment
PostedSep 16, 2009 4:59 pm   Last edited by fifamendment on Sep 30, 2009 6:07 pm. Edited 11 times in total

Important: Big new change for Friday's promotions

Participating in promos this Friday? Read this.
Just for this Friday, for all promotions, we will be using a new automatic payout system developed for the web item mall instead of handing out promotional rewards afterwards.

All of Friday's promotion items will be for sale in the webmall as special "Buy X Get Y Free" entries. If you purchase a "Buy X Get Y Free" item, you'll receive both X and Y in your bank just like when you're buying a regular item from the item mall. That's it! Buying a webmall promo item works just like buying a regular webmall item; you still have to log out and back in to get your stuff.

The promotion item will be visible by its green 'Promo' tag, which you can see examples of here:

There will be only 1 or a few items at a time marked awith a green 'Promo'. They will always appear on the front page, and they will always appear under the 'Featured' tab, so you don't need to hunt for where the item normally appears in the item mall.

This is the ONLY way that purchases for this Friday will be eligible for promotion rewards. You can still buy items from the in-game item mall, BUT THEY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION REWARDS. In-game promo announcements will all point you to the webmall. THERE WILL BE NO MANUAL DISTRIBUTION FOR FRIDAY'S PROMOS.

Questions!

Q: Why are you doing this?

A: This new system has the advantage of giving you your items instantly. No more waiting!

Q: Will purchases still count towards Tiered Spender events?

A: Yes.

Q: Are the webmall promos limited in quantity?

A: No. The ones for this Friday will be unlimited. You can buy multiples of them the same way you buy multiples of regular items. Any limited quantity promos in the future will clearly say so. The screenshots in this post are all of limited quantity promotions because we don't want y'all buying worthless Test items while we're working on this feature.

Q: Why does it say that my 'Get Y' Free Item costs 1 AP in the Shopping Cart?

A: Due to technical reasons, we can't have the 'Get Y' item show up as costing 0 AP. To compensate, the 'Buy X' item will have its cost lowered by 1 AP, so you'll be 'Buying X and Getting Y Free' when all is said and done. Like this:

Q: I bought the promo item in-game, or from a non-promo webmall entry! I still want my promo handed out!

A: Seriously. We're not counting in-game purchases for this Friday, nor are we counting purchases of regular webmall items. If these new webmall promos are running, that means the old promo sytem is not. However, all purchases still count towards any tiered-spender type stuff. After this Friday's trial run, we will revert back to regular promos for a while.

Q: What's this other new stuff in the webmall?

A: You may have noticed that most everything from the in-game mall is now avaliable on the webmall. You can buy them just like anything else. However, they're not 'Buy X Get Y' promo items unless they say so.

Advertisement

cavehorror1

Rank 4
cavehorror1
PostedSep 16, 2009 5:05 pm
a question ive been wanting to ask for awhile but i always forget is.. say rec runes are the promo item and i want to buy 80 rec runes (for example). i know you can only buy 10 at a time but, is there a way to make 10 appear at a time in your shopping cart so when you click check out you will buy 10. or do you have to put them in your shopping cart one by one

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedSep 16, 2009 5:06 pm

fifamendment

Aeria: Product Manager
fifamendment
PostedSep 16, 2009 5:16 pm
cavehorror1 wrote:
a question ive been wanting to ask for awhile but i always forget is.. say rec runes are the promo item and i want to buy 80 rec runes (for example). i know you can only buy 10 at a time but, is there a way to make 10 appear at a time in your shopping cart so when you click check out you will buy 10. or do you have to put them in your shopping cart one by one  

Currently, items have to be added 1 by 1.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedSep 16, 2009 5:20 pm
cavehorror1 wrote:

This feature is requested, but not currently available.

Right now the best you can do is go to the page that has the item you want, check the box, hit add to cart, then backspace, check box, add to cart... etc.

This way you can just 'purchase' once.

supercainiao

Rank 2
supercainiao
PostedSep 16, 2009 5:50 pm
Suggestion: Post the tiered event specific rules and prize one day early might help give ppl time to buy ap and let ap kick in?
and also i got a question....
so now all the promo on friday will be changed to BUY 1 GET 1 FREE?
or still like BUY 3(>1) GET 3(>1) FREE?OR if the promo item is set at 3 items with price of 3?
kinda confused

Maeji

Rank 2
Maeji
PostedSep 16, 2009 6:33 pm
594 ? ?o.o?

somebody need to refill their AP....

<a><p>Tensa Zangetsu</p></a> <p>Teos | 5x ~ HM warrior</p>

octimus

Rank 0
PostedSep 16, 2009 6:52 pm   Last edited by octimus on Sep 16, 2009 6:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total
i don't like to add things 1 by 1 because everytime i log in and i ask a guild mate if there are any promotions running and they say yes but only 3 or 4 minutes left so i don't have time to add 40 or more rec runes in 3 or 4 minutes would be easeir and faster to get them 10 by 10

Miskal

Rank 0
Miskal
PostedSep 16, 2009 6:55 pm
Do you think the OP hammers will be one of these promo items on friday? Twisted Evil

Stolen by the mods for being hot :(

CrimsonHoplite

Rank 4
PostedSep 16, 2009 6:56 pm
I likey...this will be better for you guys in the long run..no more manually seeing who purchased what and when, then putting them in our bank account...
hopefully it just runs smooth and no tickets will be needed hehe

Wink

GM link for the win!

(hopefully you have good promo's for friday)